www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 09-11-21, 17:40   #1
Kidd Bowyer
Student

Smile Made a 1920x1080 Title Screen!

Or at least, I did my best to recreate the original title screen in a 16:9 format.

Full Sized Version Here.

Obviously, it could use some tweaks, but I'd love to be able to convert this into a format that could be used with TR1/TombATI.
It seems like that might be coming sometime down the line with TR1Main, but for now I just wanted to share this and see what people think.

EDIT: Here's the current draft for comparison. I appreciate everyone's feedback!

Last edited by Kidd Bowyer; 15-11-21 at 15:43. Reason: Images removed. See FAQ on posting images.
Kidd Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 17:43   #2
tlr online
Administrator

Looks great Kidd Bowyer, but please see our FAQ on posting images.
tlr online is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 18:26   #3
ANoDE
Golden

I think, tlr_online is referring to these:

Quote:
Posting Images

9.1 - Please use one of the following image hosting services when posting images on our forum.

tombraiderchronicles.com, tombraiderforums.com, Discord, Wikipedia, Imgur, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Abload, Gyazo, Dropbox, Steam, Casimages, Deviantart, Flickr, Giphy, Google Drive, Microsoft One Drive, Reddit, Github.

9.2 - When posting images on our forum no other image hosting services or web sites are permitted other than those listed above.

9.3 - Example code when inserting an image into your post: [img]https://i.imgur.com/HRkBUqw.jpg[/img]

9.4 - Example code when linking to an image: https://i.imgur.com/HRkBUqw.jpg

9.5 - The reason this rule is in place

9.6 - Images must not exceed 500KB in general (non art-specific) threads.

9.7 - Images must be posted using HTTPS. More information here.

9.8 - Please ensure you are complying with all applicable copyright laws when posting material on the forum. See this page for information on fair use.

9.9 - Illegal or adult material is prohibited.

9.10 - Advertising not permitted.
and also:

Quote:
8.) Image size and hosting restrictions

All images are to meet both size restrictions, 1024x768 pixels and 500 KB.
In general threads images (including GIFs) up to the above mentioned sizes can be posted using the button.
Images larger than 1024x768 pixels and 500 kb should be posted as a link using the button or as a thumbnail rather than embedding them in the thread.
If you are posting a lot of images, or quoting a post with images they should also be converted into links. This is out of courtesy to other members so that the forum layout is not distorted by large images, and so that the thread does not take a very long time to load.
For image showcase threads, this rule can be relaxed but it is still advisable to post thumbnails for very large images rather than embedding them.

NOTE: When posting multiple GIFs, the combined file sizes of all GIFs in the post must not exceed 500kb.

For example, you may post a single 500kb (or smaller) GIF, or maybe you might post 2 x 250kb GIFs.

However, 3 x 200kb GIFs would exceed the 500kb filesize limit, and thus, not allowed.

Images may only be posted using approved image hosts. The approved image hosting services are:

imgur, photobucket, twitter, facebook, tumblr, instagram, abload, gyazo, postimage, dropbox, steam, casimages, deviantart, flickr, Xbox, google, microsoft
Please note the size limitations.
Old 09-11-21, 18:38   #4
Kidd Bowyer
Student

Ah, I was reading the wrong FAQ. Hopefully it's fixed now.
Old 09-11-21, 18:59   #5
.snake.
Archaeologist

That's really beautiful Kidd! Is there a way to use it in-game?
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 20:07   #6
Kidd Bowyer
Student

I'm looking into it at the moment. Currently, with stuff like TombATI, you can see the current Title Screen as "TITLEH.PCX", a type of bitmap file.

Even if I use GIMP or an online converter to try and convert the image, replacing the "real" TITLEH with mine causes the game to crash on reaching the title screen.

It could be something to do with file encoding, or maybe the TITLE.PHD file specifies that it needs to be a Title Screen of a specific size/color profile...

I know Arsunt has mentioned that in future versions of TR1Main, there's hopefully going to be a built-in option to use custom title screen images, so I'm hoping that'll help us to be able to use it when we play TR1!
Old 10-11-21, 05:17   #7
ANoDE
Golden

Very cool!
Thanks for sharing

I'd personally prefer if the scion's gems would not be affected by the red hue to make sure they glow 8n a strong yellow as much as they do in the original - but that's just nitpicking, really.
Old 10-11-21, 16:53   #8
Kidd Bowyer
Student

No, that's absolutely valid. Part of the reason I wanted to post it is because I wanted to see if there were any obvious tweaks/edits I could make to make it seem more authentic.

This is after just a small adjustment, but I can absolutely make it so the gems are above the red overlay - it'd just require some more HSL / curve tweaks.
Old 15-11-21, 10:48   #9
annl
Archaeologist

I'll show this to rr-, this looks fantastic. I'll see about adding this to Tomb1Main.
Old 15-11-21, 15:42   #10
Kidd Bowyer
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by annl View Post
I'll show this to rr-, this looks fantastic. I'll see about adding this to Tomb1Main.
Oh my gosh, that would be amazing. If there are any obvious errors or further tweaks I'd need to make to have it approved, please let me know.

For now, here's the current version of the title screen, based on ANoDe's suggestions. I think it looks much closer to the original screen now.

And here's the link to the full-res, 1080p version.

Last edited by Kidd Bowyer; 15-11-21 at 19:59. Reason: Fixed broken link.