Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 15-06-19, 15:36   #21
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
What if you don't enjoy it and I was right?
Right about what ? that the game is objectively crap ?

If I don't end up enjoying it then that's on me . But at least that would be MY opinion on it , not someone else's , especially when this someone's basing his current opinion on nothing but a story trailer and a blind vendetta against the developing studio .

If you think it's crap (even though it's a year away and you haven't touched it but I should get used to stuff like that on TRF) , doesn't mean every other soul must share your thoughts , otherwise they're factually wrong .

Last edited by Patrick star; 15-06-19 at 15:38.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 15:42   #22
Yeauxleaux

If it's in the CD-standard overly cinematic approach then yeah I'm not going to enjoy this and will probably skip it personally. To each his own though.

I agree with the criticism that the characters look like awkward stunt doubles. They should have just gone all the way creative liberty with them and designed new costumes and looks. In the vast majority of cases I am not keen on Marvel movie adaptations' costume design. I hated the X-Men's black leather biker outfits and I find the Avengers' outfits uninspired and bland. The only exception I can think of is the Spider-Man outfit used during Tobey Maguire's run (which is one of my favourite Spidey suits ever). I really liked the costume that Insomniac designed for Spiderman in last year's game as well, so yes you can come up with new outfits that look cool and still faithful to the character.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 15-06-19 at 15:43.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 16:06   #23
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
They made ROTTR though which you rank right below the classics in terms of gameplay well , unless you flipped on that as well .

Anyway , the leaked gameplay do look so overly scripted , but it could be the beginning of the game (and CD have a habit of spoiling the scripted openings of their games) . I'm not an Avengers fan to begin with but I'll watch out for the game , just out of curiosity to see what can CD do outside the suffocating confines of TR , I have yet to try their prestigious Legacy of Kain as well (probably soon) .
Yes, ROTTR was CD's best work, your point? I still don't want that many set pieces and cutscenes in the future of the franchise, or in other games for that matter.

Last edited by Melonie Tomb Raider; 15-06-19 at 16:10.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 16:09   #24
ESCachuli

Im not an avengers fan. Nor CD. So I wont be posting here in this thread anymore. But I just want to say it really hurts seeing Black Widow doing acrobatics while using dual pistols. It is exactly what I want for TR combat.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 16:09   #25
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
What if you don't enjoy it and I was right? I ain't screaming or having a meltdown.
They should personally send you an apology letter about being wrong. They owe you that much, if that happens, don't they?
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 16:10   #26
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
Im not an avengers fan. Nor CD. So I wont be posting here in this thread anymore. But I just want to say it really hurts seeing Black Widow doing acrobatics while using dual pistols. It is exactly what I want for TR combat.
Definitely a valid feeling for sure, a giant slap in the face to Tomb Raider fans.
Old 15-06-19, 16:14   #27
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
Yes, ROTTR was CD's best work, your point?
My point is saying CD can only make the type of gameplay you generally don't like and nothing but that contradicts what you used to say about ROTTR having "nearly perfect" gameplay that even earned it a place right below TRs 1-4.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 16:15   #28
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
Yeah it's annoying as ****.

I don't recall even seeing Black Widow using twin pistols much before, she does occasionally but I don't think it's a consistent thing with her (although she's always been very acrobatic). Yet when it comes to Lara, perhaps the best known female character whose signature weapon is twin guns, there's apparent vehement pushback against her having them.

Also "wE dOn'T hAvE tHe TeChNoLoGy FoR tHa PiStOlSsS!", but you somehow pulled it out your asses here tho?

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 15-06-19 at 16:16.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 16:43   #29
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
My point is saying CD can only make the type of gameplay you generally don't like and nothing but that contradicts what you used to say about ROTTR having "nearly perfect" gameplay that even earned it a place right below TRs 1-4.
They really have have only made one type of gameplay, though. ROTTR did it better than others and it's a great game, pretty much all their games are good games, but that doesn't mean that their style is my preference for the future. If TR was ROTTR style again I would not like it at all, but I still think ROTTR is an incredible game. My favorite part was exploring all the tombs and collecting after all the main story and set pieces were done, however. Without that, I wouldn't have enjoyed it nearly as much.

But let's be real, my main point of cutscenes, set pieces, and QTE's being their main focus over gameplay still stands. I want to see them evolve from that.

Last edited by Melonie Tomb Raider; 15-06-19 at 16:45.
Old 15-06-19, 17:11   #30
Heisenberg

Quote:
Right about what ? that the game is objectively crap ?

If I don't end up enjoying it then that's on me . But at least that would be MY opinion on it , not someone else's , especially when this someone's basing his current opinion on nothing but a story trailer and a blind vendetta against the developing studio .

If you think it's crap (even though it's a year away and you haven't touched it but I should get used to stuff like that on TRF) , doesn't mean every other soul must share your thoughts , otherwise they're factually wrong .
It's not a blind vendetta. It's awful games made by awful people in an awful business. At least I'll say I told you so but hey, have your fun!

@tomee will you get off my back monkey? Let me have my opinion and don't personally attack me or my opinions.
Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote