Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 28-10-21, 19:16   #161
VictorXD

Oooh I'm excited to see Zip. Kinda makes sense he's the second classic character to make a return. I wonder what they are going to do with this, since it's not CD who is writing this I'm much more optimistic. I hope they do a nice introduction of him. Oh and Winston too, we haven't seen his face yet in the reboot universe.

Also, nice to know Earl is coming back as Jonah, he's an excellent actor and I can't imagine anyone else voicing him. Looks like Jonah is here to stay and I won't complain, I like him.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-21, 20:37   #162
JocLo

So this means that they are trying to make like a Star Wars movie game.. like for example, we know that Lara knows Zip, but we don’t know how they know each other? They will make like a video-movie games..
JocLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-21, 22:30   #163
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Who's the actor playing Zip? Is he good? What else has he done?

I'm pleased Earl is back as Jonah. It's going to be interesting hearing the dynamic between him and Hayley's take on Lara.

I think I'd like to see Larson and Pierre back. Considering the events of TR1 won't have happened yet.
He sounds perfect for zip. I googled him and some little clips popped up of him talking. https://www.google.com/cameos/RBKzbB...I_enUS688US688
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 17:16   #164
Not_a_Mutant

I wonder why they call it "anime"
TR is not even a Japanese franchise.

As far as I know, "anime" is basically animation made in Japan, while "anime styled" are those animations outside of Japan thematically or artistically influenced by the Japanese.
It seems that American producers are trying to appropriate "anime" as it is so popular, even tho American animation "for young/adults" had a resurgence after Avatar.

Anyway, TR doesn't fit the anime at all, imo, I'm curious to see what style / design they bring for the series, but I imagine something like the comic books covers of or shows like "Cadillacs and Dinosaurs" (child memories ). for an animated series there is no point in becoming "gritty" or "realistic". They should have done that for live action.
Not_a_Mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 17:39   #165
Portugalraider

Technically, all animation is "anime", as the term is used in Japan to refer to all kinds of animation. However, the term is being more and more used to refer not only animation from Japan, but any animation project directly inspired by it.

That being said, even if it can be well argued if this project is an anime or not, depending on your definition of "anime" (if it is about the place of origin or just the style), "Tomb Raider" being a western IP has no impact on the term. There are plenty of Japanese animation based on western IPs or literature. Just from the top of my head: "Howl's Moving Castle", "Tales of Earthsea", "Heidi, Girl of the Alps", "Anne of Green Gables", "Les Miserables: Shoujo Cosette" are all based on originally western works.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 18:01   #166
Not_a_Mutant

Yes, that's why "my" definition of "anime" here in the west, is essentially "animation made in Japan" or the Japanese animation industry with all its merchandising and culture, with all its different styles and genres.

You can't define "anime" solely by style, as it is so diverse.
Not_a_Mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 22:40   #167
JuditePrince12

Anime is the name solely used for Japanese animated shows. It's a little annoying when other places call it anime In TR's case this is just an animated tv show. Now they may take inspiration from different anime art styles which is why I could kind of see why they would call it an "anime".
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-21, 17:07   #168
jeffrey van oort

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
...Do they honestly expect the general public to remember TR that long? ...
See no evil. Hear no evil. Speak no evil. It could be a life changing moment if you do remember Tomb Raider. Science will make this difficult.
jeffrey van oort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-21, 21:16   #169
Amunet

I just watched the trailer of Netflix's latest animated series — Arcane — and I would totally dig it if the TR series had a similar art style to this:

IMO, I think this art style would fit TR better than the one used in the Castlevania series for example.
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-21, 21:58   #170
HarleyCroft

When I first saw that thumbnail glaring at me I was like "L-Lara?"
Then I read your post

That animation is absolutely eye-popping, I would be so onboard for that as well
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote