Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 20-04-19, 04:50   #11
Costel

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
So, again let's talk about companies allowing choice? A mod, by a fan, wow.

Perhaps CD was the problem all along.

But tribal outfits that cover her up from head to toe is perfectly acceptable.

I mean honestly, going after mods now? Skyrim has tons of mods, some of which can't even be mentioned and you don't see them going after people.

Very dumbfounded right now at how CD could do this.
I think I speak in everyone name when I say that we are very surprised by your comment.

So what if Skyrim don`t go after people? Where is the law that says CD has to do the same?

Do you like to be against something just for the sake of being?
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-19, 04:54   #12
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
I think I speak in everyone name when I say that we are very surprised by your comment.

So what if Skyrim don`t go after people? Where is the law that says CD has to do the same?

Do you like to be against something just for the sake of being?
I've been for the bikini mod and now I'm upset that they forced them to take it down.

They keep saying how they listen to fans, but then do something that signals the opposite.

It's freaking ridiculous. It's something some fan did in their own time that has nothing to do with their brand of Tomb Raider.

Yet they are such uptight (bleeps) that nothing is ever allowed to stray from their vision. Whether it be fan artworks or mods.

I also don't see Capcom going after Beach Leon. It's only Lara Croft that gets the back hand.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-19, 05:00   #13
TrustyBow

It honestly baffles me that people (okay, person) are botheed by this. I would expect them to take it down if they were aware of it.

I don't see how them doing this means they don't listen to fans, but okay.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-19, 05:05   #14
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
It honestly baffles me that people (okay, person) are botheed by this. I would expect them to take it down if they were aware of it.

They specifically go after a mod that some fan made instead of looking into how to improve their game. Companies rarely go after mods so it's really something and says quite a lot about them that they went after this one.

A mod that did them no harm nor their brand of Tomb Raider. It was just a fun silly mod that someone made and it's really ridiculous that CD would pull such a move just because they don't like it when Lara's body is shown off.

Instead they want her covered up and don't care what other people want or what some of the fans would enjoy.

Certainly explains why we still don't have shorts and tank tops. Certainly would explain why her outfits are always bulky and unfitting.

They want her covered up because they are ashamed of a woman's body. They don't want her body shown off, they and their purinism is so problematic.
Old 20-04-19, 05:20   #15
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Core Design took down nude mods too, it's nothing new, they have that right.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-19, 05:23   #16
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
Core Design took down nude mods too, it's nothing new, they have that right.
Yes they have the right to, but it seems they just don't care about making their fans angry.

The modding community has evolved and changed. Companies have taken a much more laid back approach.

They didn't have to do this, they could have just let the few people who wanted to have then have them. They didnt have to go out of their way and take this down.

It just says alot about them to me.
Old 20-04-19, 05:31   #17
Q_Pip

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post

Explain how this harms anything in this completely singleplayer game. I would understand if the mod took some future dlc and made it available or if the game had loot crates/microtransactions and messed with their bottomline$$$.
Are they simply trying to protect Reboot Lara's image ? You can literally find her ingame model doing sex acts all on the internet. Obviously this game is a much smaller scale and not many people care compared to Bethesda and CDprokjectRed titles but could you image the **** storm if those companies took down mods for their games simply for sexualization ?

All of it just seems backwards in 2019 compared to when core did it a long time ago. People are going to mod their games because they can.

Last edited by Q_Pip; 20-04-19 at 05:33.
Q_Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-19, 05:36   #18
EzioMaverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Pip View Post
Obviously this game is a much smaller scale and not many people care compared to Bethesda and CDprokjectRed titles but could you image the **** storm if those companies took down mods for their games simply for sexualization ?
Thing is cdpred already has nudity in their games, they(cd,em) aren't going that route with the reboot so they took it down.

They took down the nude mod for rise, so why would they let this one slide?

Last edited by EzioMaverick; 20-04-19 at 05:40.
EzioMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-19, 05:50   #19
Q_Pip

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzioMaverick View Post
Thing is cdpred already has nudity in their games, they(cd,em) aren't going that route with the reboot so they took it down.

They took down the nude mod for rise, so why would they let this one slide?
So everyone is perfectly fine with the company policing what can be done to your offline singleplayer game in private ?

Alright that's just great
Q_Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-19, 05:55   #20
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Pip View Post
So everyone is perfectly fine with the company policing what can be done to your offline singleplayer game in private ?

Alright that's just great
It's not surprising when you realize that most of those posting already hated the bikini already.

This tells me that once again why Lara is covered up in the reboot.

They don't want Lara to have any kind of sex appeal. The game will have outfits the probably won't even show her arms.

Hell her face could also be triggering.