Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 31-07-19, 14:48   #16941
Quebsenuef

The first time I saw the TR1 cover art I thought “She looks scary (intimidating)..”

Watching my mom play the game I thought she was very brave to fight wolves and bears. I really wanted to jump as high as she could and do all these flips and whatnot. My parents totally should’ve put me in gymnastics as a kid. I probably would’ve loved that. We were too poor

I still remember watching Lara battle against these animals and monsters and always thought “She’s so strong and brave!” I was a scared little kid of the game. Egypt are the levels I refused to watch my mom play bc they were so scary to me haha! The mummies and their groans haunted me for years.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 14:50   #16942
Blackmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
Question of the day:

What did you think of Lara when you saw her for the first time?
I thought she looked silly in shorts in the middle of snow and I thought the holsters looked like she was wearing suspenders with her shorts, which was a bit weird too.

But other than that I liked her, she wasn't your typical female character. Her age, late twenties was unusual and her manner of strong and calm suited her.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 15:12   #16943
Portugalraider

Quote:
Question of the day:

Six-year old me: oh, this lady from the game my brother and my cousin (a girl, btw, who loved Lara as kid) seems cool, ahah her boobs are triangul-OH GOD SCARY T-REX! MOM!!!!!!! I'M SCARED!
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 18:18   #16944
johnanonymouz

i miss tomb raider ascension
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 18:39   #16945
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
i miss tomb raider ascension
they should make it a lara croft game. i think the concept would translate well. just set it somewhere other than japan or south america. maybe china?
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 18:51   #16946
johnanonymouz

Quote:
they should make it a lara croft game. i think the concept would translate well. just set it somewhere other than japan or south america. maybe china?
we need that mythology though
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 18:59   #16947
JCGaming
Inactive

Quote:
Question of the day:

---

Previous questions of the day:
Jun 9 '19 - "Who's played Tomb Raider II recently?"
Jun 12 '19 - "Do you think one of Lara's hobbies is gun collecting?"
Jun 14 '19 - "What's everyone's favorite level of the classics?"
Jun 17 '19 - "Favorite of Lara's outfits?"
Jul 2 '19 - "What sort of locales does everyone like most in Tomb Raider?"
Jul 5 '19 - "What's your favorite weapon of the series, not counting the classic Dual Pistols?"
Jul 7 '19 - "Favorite villain in the franchise?"
Jul 10 '19 - "What's your most replayed Tomb Raider game?"
Jul 11 '19 - "What's your most memorable moment of the series?"
Jul 13 '19 - "Do you feel that the Save Crystals of Tomb Raider I and III enriched the games, or made them needlessly difficult--and why?"
Jul 15 '19 - "Do you feel like Underworld was a proper conclusion to Legend and Anniversary--and why?"
Jul 16 '19 - "Do you feel that the platforming and climbing systems of the Survivor Trilogy were adequate for Tomb Raider--and why?"
Jul 17 '19 - (From Melonie Mac) "Favorite cutscene in Tomb Raider history?"
Jul 21 '19 - "When did you first play Tomb Raider: Anniversary?"
Jul 22 '19 - "What's your favorite non-boss enemy?"
Jul 23 '19 - "Favorite line from a character who isn't Lara?"
Jul 25 '19 - "Who is your favorite friendly side character?"
Jul 27 '19 - "What weapon would you like to see Lara wield next?"
Jul 28 '19 - "What do you think Lara brings along on her expeditions? (Food, beverage, survival kits, etc.)"
Jul 29 '19 - "Has your opinion about any TR game changed over time, positively or negatively? Please explain."
I don't remember.
JCGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 19:00   #16948
Portugalraider

I've said it once, I'll say it a thousand times: if Ascension was actually developed as anything related to Tomb Raider, many here would still mindlessly hate just because it dared to do something different.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 19:06   #16949
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
I've said it once, I'll say it a thousand times: if Ascension was actually developed as anything related to Tomb Raider, many here would still mindlessly hate just because it dared to do something different.
Yes, because it's not Tomb Raider. I really don't understand why some people and devs find this so hard to grasp: this isn't an accusation agains you personally btw it's more of a reference to the whole 'this is a reboot so it can be whatever we want' mentality. Tomb Raider as an established franchise will always have an expectation about it so if you try to shove something in there which isn't what that expectation relates to, whether that be too much action or the whole Ascension premise, then it will not be accepted by most. People will say that they would have preferred to have Ascension in hindsight but it's no closer to TR than some elements of the reboot and it would have been equally as critiqued and ripped apart for the same reasons.
The sad thing is if the reboot were a new IP with a new character then it would have been equally as successful. Ascension as a new IP could also have been successful. It really is a shame developers want to much to shove ideas into established IPs to ensure it sells that we are letting genuinely good ideas not get the recognition they deserve.

Last edited by jajay119; 31-07-19 at 19:07.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 21:58   #16950
Ahmier
Unverified

I used the Amanda skin during the last level of Legend. A true doppelgänger moment.

Last edited by Ahmier; 31-07-19 at 22:11.
Ahmier is offline   Reply With Quote