www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 24-05-22, 12:14   #191
redfox45
Professor

I loved everything about 4. Apart from maybe Nikos movement, he has a really wierd sprint and felt very stiff and awkward to meneuver on foot.
Old 25-05-22, 04:54   #192
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Ryan Goslingís Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Started playing GTA IV (PS3) for the first time. I went into it with an open mind because it seems to have a bit of a reputation and apparently bad driving controls. I'm liking it a lot so far, though. I got the Complete Edition so it has some patches and all the DLC on disc, but it's from before the patch where a heap of music was removed (), so I'm declining updates to it.
GTA4 in terms of story, characters, and dialogue are pretty amazing for a GTA game. I loved it. Itís my all time fav. Driving controls definitely went for a more realistic approach and it really shows. The motorcycles in this game handle atrociously. Itís a wonder how they even passed to be the main part of a DLC with Johnny and the Lost and Damned.

I love almost everything about GTA4. I would cut off one of my fingers for a remaster.
Old 25-05-22, 12:44   #193
_Seth
Professor

The car crashing and it's sound design is extremely realistic and satisfying. I do prefer more control over driving physics, though. Sleeping Dogs handles amazingly!

Apprehensive about getting on bikes now. XD
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-22, 16:18   #194
robm_2007
Legend

The ragdoll physics when crashing on a motorcycle make any high-speed accident worth it

If you wait a second and just sit idle on a motorcycle, he'll put on a helmet! I don't think it reduces damage, though, but it's a nice attention to detail.

Last edited by robm_2007; 25-05-22 at 22:47.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-22, 16:51   #195
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Ryan Goslingís Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Thereís soooooo much more detail and added morbid fun in GTA4 that isnít in 5.
Crashing into cop cars head on will send them flying through the windshield. Shooting people in the legs make them limp. I think the explosions in 4 are much more satisfying than 5. Fat cops are slower than skinny cops. Thereís even an extensive criminal database on the cop car computer that is pretty vast and you can find out a lot about your friends and strangers you meet.

In some ways it feels like the predecessor to 5 but in other ways it feels much more superior to 5.
Old 25-05-22, 16:55   #196
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Started playing GTA IV (PS3) for the first time. I went into it with an open mind because it seems to have a bit of a reputation and apparently bad driving controls. I'm liking it a lot so far, though. I got the Complete Edition so it has some patches and all the DLC on disc, but it's from before the patch where a heap of music was removed (), so I'm declining updates to it.
Just delete and reinstall and decline updates problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
GTA4 in terms of story, characters, and dialogue are pretty amazing for a GTA game. I loved it. Itís my all time fav. Driving controls definitely went for a more realistic approach and it really shows. The motorcycles in this game handle atrociously. Itís a wonder how they even passed to be the main part of a DLC with Johnny and the Lost and Damned.

I love almost everything about GTA4. I would cut off one of my fingers for a remaster.
It was the opposite for me, the story is boring and was a chore to play and by the end of the game nothing of significance IMO has been achieved Niko is still living in the 💩 apartment that he got at the start of the game and is back where he started, the only fancy place he has that he could live in is Playboy's place which can only be got if Playboy is killed instead of Dwayne.

The characters were boring and I eventually grew tired of them especially with the constant phone calls, Brucie is my least favourite followed by Kate McReary dating her was like dating a nun she complained about everything and didn't like any of the places I brought her to, I quickly stopped dating her.

GTA4 is significantly less funny than previous GTA games and outside of missions there isn't much to do no Roman I don't want to go bowling, going bowling, drink driving, playing QUB3D and going to the strip club eventually got boring.

Out went the fun commonly associated with GTA and in came the boring realism, like for example having to wait 15 very long in game hours outside a building for the mission marker to appear.

Other things I disliked about GTA4 a lot of the missions later in the game were solely about some diamonds that ultimately no-one got because they ended up in a garbage truck and were found by a homeless guy and the seemingly long mission intros in one of them an old guy in hospital droned on and on about things that he did several decades before the events of GTA4 I don't give a about your life story just tell me what you want me to do and let me get on with it.

The only part in GTA4 that made me was on the in-game internet when a kids parents found him right where they left him 15 years earlier in the games version of IKEA, Krapea when they brought him home he couldn't understand why they didn't have 15 kitchens next to each other, it has to be asked why they didn't try and look for him during those 15 years, maybe they didn't notice that he was gone.

Realism equals boring I remember reading that with GTA4 they were trying to do a more realistic grounded story like the TV show The Wire, they should have gone with The Sopranos instead, that show told a great story from start to finish and had humour from time to time like when Paulie and Christopher went looking in the woods for that guy they thought they had killed and Paulie misunderstanding what Tony Soprano told him that the guy was with the interior ministry told Christopher that the guy was an interior decorator and Christopher said his house looked like 💩
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-22, 09:27   #197
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Deleted GTA Vice City mission cast Tommy Vercetti in a movie
https://www.eurogamer.net/deleted-gt...tti-in-a-movie
Old 24-06-22, 16:40   #198
HarleyCroft
Professor

^cool news

Aw, I missed reminiscing about Pine Barrens: the best episode of The Sopranos ever

From how he tries to discreetly eat the TicTacs to how he escalates the fight at 2:28.. Paulie is a hilarious asshole and should somehow be the next GTA protagonist
Old 24-06-22, 18:57   #199
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
^cool news

Aw, I missed reminiscing about Pine Barrens: the best episode of The Sopranos ever

From how he tries to discreetly eat the TicTacs to how he escalates the fight at 2:28.. Paulie is a hilarious asshole and should somehow be the next GTA protagonist
That's one of my favourite episodes of The Sopranos.

My favourite lines from that episode are when Tony told Paulie over the phone that the Russian was an ex commando with the interior ministry and Paulie telling Christopher that the guy was an interior decorator and Christopher saying that his apartment looked like 💩 and Paulie saying that there's gravel under this snow.
Old 29-06-22, 12:18   #200
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

10 classic GTA tropes that aren't around anymore
https://gamerant.com/classic-gta-tro...round-anymore/

I miss pretty much everything in the link above

10 common misconceptions about GTA
https://gamerant.com/grand-theft-aut...isconceptions/

Top 20 best story missions in GTA5
https://gamerant.com/best-story-miss...heft-auto-v-5/