Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 30-06-22, 14:39   #171
Topixtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by egypt_gypsie View Post
I don't know who that Lara_shin person is on TRLE.net, but I absolutely disagree with their "review" on every level. Again complaining that things are tOo HaRd, I finished the game just fine.

Honestly their scores are unnecessary and scoring a 0 in any category for any reason is just mean.

I also dislike that they implied that the other reviewers are just in denial that we like it ("what is not being said")........I don't know, the whole review was just pretentious and overly preachy to me.
I started reading that... "review" after your post and I immediatly stopped, literally not worth the reading time because it's just full of objectively false information.
The difficulty rant it's the least bad of what's said in there, and I only red like 2 rows of text.

We can argue all day if the game was "too difficult" or, mostly, unfair in some aspects (expecially before the removal of 400+ enemies), but 0? 4? And anyway, difficulty in itself shouldn't be something to base your review on unless it's artificial. Can't play/complete it? Try harder, learn new things from more experienced players, TR never was a walk in the park until 2013. Still can't? It's not for you then, move on, download something else, replay the original TR1 but just don't do something like that.

TRLE.net needs some moderation. Period.
Topixtor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-22, 17:41   #172
Sabatu

I won't comment on that person since the review is not the only thing she did but about the difficulty.. I played TR1 on stream and I was really pis*** just because of the amount of enemies and bats that's why I removed 400+ enemies .
Sabatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 23:21   #173
Stryke

Yes, it needs a moderator to ban the reviews you don't like.
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-22, 12:45   #174
TombRaiderTim

Lara Shin is a known, pretty toxic person through many online platforms whom enjoys nothing more than trying to start drama and bring people down. Came across them once or twice on Twitch and it was not a pleasant experience them being in chat, sparking insults, disrespectful comments then laughing as though it was a joke and many others can agree on this. Just ignore that review, it's there to just stir a reaction.

Being honest as I can though Sabatu, the entire Remake experience was amazing throughout, new locations and expanded ones alike! It felt like playing TR1 for the first time again, which I never thought I'd re-experience. Many who have played it through though do feel like less enemies would have made for an even more enjoyable experience, less as in a more balanced amount and it's great to see you are taking feedback so well.

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 04-07-22 at 12:47.
TombRaiderTim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-22, 13:12   #175
Sabatu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke View Post
Yes, it needs a moderator to ban the reviews you don't like.
They would be unfair imho cause some people may try to. Ban reviews lower than 8 ��

And thank you TombRaiderTim. I know that and I am happy you liked my tr xd.
I don't have to care about reviews because people will see it I mean the truth

Last edited by Sabatu; 04-07-22 at 13:13.
Sabatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-22, 13:14   #176
Kubsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
Lara Shin is a known, pretty toxic person through many online platforms whom enjoys nothing more than trying to start drama and bring people down. Came across them once or twice on Twitch and it was not a pleasant experience them being in chat, sparking insults, disrespectful comments then laughing as though it was a joke and many others can agree on this. Just ignore that review, it's there to just stir a reaction.
I have to agree, I came across their twitch aswell whilst they were playing Sabatu's TR1 and they titled her twitch livestreams not respectfully towards the level and Sabatu.

Also trashing the level with chat way beyond the scale. It was quite sad to watch, thankfully I left watching their stream before seeing any more of this toxic stuff.

Last edited by Kubsy; 04-07-22 at 13:23.
Kubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 13:42   #177
CheshireBitch

I haven’t found the time to finish it yet but I’m well into the second Egypt level and it’s really awesome. I really love it and can’t wait to discover Atlantis too !
I will definitly left a good review once I finished it !
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-22, 17:20   #178
TombRaiderTim

Does anyone happen to have a save at the start of Natla's Mines on the newest version? It would be a great help.
TombRaiderTim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-22, 21:21   #179
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
Does anyone happen to have a save at the start of Natla's Mines on the newest version? It would be a great help.
You can simply restart the level with the game's level select via the load game screen.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-22, 12:54   #180
Cyberfish

Hi Sabatu and everybody here too,

I have been playing this very entertaining level lately. Thank you very much!

But now I've got the Tihocan / centaur bug too.
When I skip the Tihocan level with a cheat to avoid the centaurs, there will be another centaurs in the beginning of the Sanctuary of the Scion and the bug appears again. T__T

So, I have downloaded the current version now and tried to load my save games there but it didn't work.
In the new version I also tried to at least restart the Tihocan level from the level list but it is locked.

Is there really no other way than restarting the game completely?

Because I am in the middle of a Let's Play and it would be horrible to restart the whole game. I would like to keep the weapons, ammo, secrets and medipacks.
If I skip the levels with a cheat and get the weapons and ammo with a cheat, that would be "okay" but I will not have the medi packs anymore.

Maybe somebody here has a save file of the Cistern or Tihocan (with almost all secret and pickups so far) from the current game version? Or at least of any other version after the fix of the centaur bug?

[EDIT] I have restarted the game, but along with a walkthrough video, now I even have all secrets so far. What a pity that the centaurs had to be removed, to me they were some kind of mascot for Tihocan.

Last edited by Cyberfish; 31-08-22 at 16:14.
Cyberfish is offline   Reply With Quote