Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 29-08-21, 14:54   #1
DragonSlayer

Default Manifest gets a fourth and final season

Manifest is getting a fourth and final season after it was cancelled by NBC, the fourth season will be available on Netflix though hopefully it won't be exclusively on Netflix and if it is I'll download it as I'm not signing up to Netflix just to watch the 4th season.

https://deadline.com/2021/08/manifes...rn-1234823691/

Every TV show as part of the contract should have the option for a movie included in the event that it's cancelled.

I know it probably doesn't work that way and if it doesn't then I still think that there should be an option for a TV show to get a movie to wrap up the storyline.

The TV show Timeless got a movie to wrap up it's storyline, Timeless was cancelled after the first season then uncancelled three days later and given a second season which was also cancelled.

If the option had been in the contract then TV shows like Emergence, The Exorcist and Dark Matter could have gotten movies to wrap up their storylines.

Emergence was cancelled after NBC deliberately showed as few episodes as possible so that it would get low ratings, maybe what NBC didn't like about the show was that one of the main characters was a divorced mother raising her teenage daughter and maintained a good relationship with her ex-husband and she was the town Sheriff who treated her co-workers with respect and was friends with some of them, clearly there wasn't enough of the drama that NBC liked EastEnders for example, Emergence was a different type of drama mystery-thriller, drama and science-fiction rolled into one which is probably why NBC deliberately showed as few episodes as possible.

Not every TV show has to be like EastEnders the most TV show ever, it was refreshing to see a divorced mother raising her teenage daughter while maintaining a good relationship with her ex-husband and being the town Sheriff who treats her staff with respect and is friends with some of them, it makes a change from the endless screaming matches between ex-boyfriends/girlfriends and ex-wives/husbands and the endless affairs and endlessly repeated/recycled storylines.

Be more like Emergence and be less like EastEnders.

Should a network be allowed to deliberately sabotage a TV show by showing as few episodes as possible so that it'll get cancelled? IMO the answer is no.

Stargate SG-1 got two movies to wrap up the 2 remaining storylines, I wish that Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe and the other TV shows mentioned above had gotten to wrap up their storylines.

I wish that Star Trek Enterprise had gotten a movie so that we could have seen the Romulan war storyline that was planned for the 5th season.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote