www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 16-02-21, 18:10   #581
Arsunt
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
I know this would be useless for the original TR2 game but it would be useful for custom games and or mods
For mods there will be an option to disable this trigger. Also there will be an option to select any creature to trigger level's end (for example kill every tiger in the level). But not priority right now.
Old 20-02-21, 20:02   #582
thewolf
Golden

That's awesome Many thanks to you
----------------------

There's one more thing I want to ask

Will we also be able to modify the TITLE.TR2 file in the future, so we can change the look of the passport or Lara's Home photo?
(Main purpose will also be for mods and custom levels)

I tried in the past to open this file with TRviewer and Pixstr but those programs crash if I attempt to open them
Old 22-02-21, 05:52   #583
Lokkey97
Hobbyist

Default Audio issue

Hey guys, so Iíve installed tr2main and it works great, except that the games audio is now stuttering and is extremely choppy. Does anyone know how to fix this as this is the best the game has ever looked
Lokkey97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-21, 07:15   #584
Arsunt
Historian

Quote:
Will we also be able to modify the TITLE.TR2 file in the future, so we can change the look of the passport or Lara's Home photo?

I tried in the past to open this file with TRviewer and Pixstr but those programs crash if I attempt to open them
Level editing is the problem of level editor software. Nevertheless there will be some texture modding functionality with no need to even change the level file.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokkey97 View Post
Hey guys, so Iíve installed tr2main and it works great, except that the games audio is now stuttering and is extremely choppy. Does anyone know how to fix this as this is the best the game has ever looked
What do you mean specifically? What version of TR2Main do you use now?
Old 24-02-21, 17:20   #585
thewolf
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
Level editing is the problem of level editor software. Nevertheless there will be some texture modding functionality with no need to even change the level file.
Cool that's even better TR2 has a bright future ahead
Old 25-02-21, 20:28   #586
thewolf
Golden

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokkey97 View Post
Hey guys, so I’ve installed tr2main and it works great, except that the games audio is now stuttering and is extremely choppy. Does anyone know how to fix this as this is the best the game has ever looked
It may sound weird but I have also a little problem with the sound. More with the sound effects.

Today I opened my tomp2.setup window to change the "Display Type" from Windowed to Full Screen. Haven't changed anything there now for more than 1 year. I also selected the Triple Buffer under Graphic options.

Now when I started the game some sound effects are getting almost to completly muted. It depends on the angle from the camera behind Lara. For example the last days I could pick up items and I could hear the "Aha" sound effect from Lara totally normal. Now it's like as if someone turned the volume down
Another example is when you shoot and suddenly the sound effect from the guns cuts out for 1 sec......
If Lara falls down her scream is also way to silent. When she falls into water sometimes the splash sound can't be heared. Same for the sound when she swims up to the surface

I changed all my settings back but it's still cutting the sound effects off

If I start the game with the normal exe, all sound effects work without any problems.

I'm really confused now because I didn't change anything for the sound options, not even the values ingame

----------
Edit

The problem got somehow solved

Last edited by thewolf; 26-02-21 at 19:04. Reason: Solved
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-21, 02:17   #587
ambience8
Hobbyist

Quote:
That's awesome Many thanks to you
----------------------

There's one more thing I want to ask

https://www.aspidetr.com/it/tools/tr-viewer/ I used the 2006 version. Every version has problems but that was the most stable for me.

Arsunt, amazing work! I just learned most ways of setting this game up today, only to find yours is the most comprehensive and up to date. Great stuff!
ambience8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-21, 06:36   #588
Kirishima
Explorer

Quote:
I also selected the Triple Buffer under Graphic options
Wasn't Triple Buffer deprecated in recent builds?
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 15:06   #589
Topixtor
Historian

Hi Arsunt, I have a question: you increased many engine limits like textures, are there any plans on increasing other limits, mainly "static meshes per room" and the global movable objects limit in a single level? I hit the 255 objects limit in my level (and the static limit too but that's less important) so an increased limit would really be useful.

But that's just asking if it's possible, of course, no rush

EDIT: an engine limit that could actually be very useful/nice to expand (but maybe only optional) in the original game too is the maximum enemies one; some places in the Monastery in particular often get pretty messy with max 5/6 enemies/monks active at the same time depending on where Lara is. As far as I know, this limit is not present or at least bigger even in TR1, so I suppose it could work well with TR2?

Last edited by Topixtor; 03-03-21 at 22:21.
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-21, 17:12   #590
Arsunt
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topixtor View Post
are there any plans on increasing other limits, mainly "static meshes per room" and the global movable objects limit in a single level? I hit the 255 objects limit in my level (and the static limit too but that's less important) so an increased limit would really be useful.
I've already increased global static objects limit from 50 up to 256 (see the latest developer's build). But I don't see that the game limits somehow a number of "static meshes per room".
Global movable objects limit is not capped by some fixed value too. There is some sort of shared buffer for objects data, I'll extend it soon, so I would like to ask you for tests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topixtor View Post
EDIT: an engine limit that could actually be very useful/nice to expand (but maybe only optional) in the original game too is the maximum enemies one; some places in the Monastery in particular often get pretty messy with max 5/6 enemies/monks active at the same time depending on where Lara is. As far as I know, this limit is not present or at least bigger even in TR1, so I suppose it could work well with TR2?
I would like to extend this limit in further releases, but this limit change must be strictly optional because it modifies the game behaviour.