www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-21, 17:01   #271
Mani_Man
Professor
 
Mani_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
He wasn't dumb. Just some jobless internet mobs decided to search a little about him and found some evidence of him making videos they don't like and so they cried a lot online to make him quit his job.

Yeah, those guys are real heroes of the humanity.
Actually they are, they made the company safer with him gone now.
Because if he supports sexual harrassment, bullying, doxxing, sending death threats to possibly his co-workers etc, who knows if he hasnt or would have done something to his co-workers.

And there is really no angle where you defending him, looks good.

Because either you didnt care enough to inform yourself about him before you decided to just blindly defend him...which considering the accusations isnt a good look.

Or you have looked at what he is about, and still defend him.
Which is worrying then because it means you support Sexual Harrassment, Transphobia, Doxxing, Sending death threats and bullying people till they break down.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 21:34   #272
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter
 
Yeauxleaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 9,680
Default

I don't know enough about the situation to comment and I don't really care. I kind of assume people are overreacting to things he said because that's generally what people do.

However IF he really clearly expressed support for the doxxing, harassment and rape threats part of GamerGate, then that's not defensible and I'm not dying on the hill of defending him.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 06:11   #273
KylieDog
Archaeologist
 
KylieDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
Actually they are, they made the company safer with him gone now.
Because if he supports sexual harrassment, bullying, doxxing, sending death threats to possibly his co-workers etc, who knows if he hasnt or would have done something to his co-workers.

And there is really no angle where you defending him, looks good.

Because either you didnt care enough to inform yourself about him before you decided to just blindly defend him...which considering the accusations isnt a good look.

Or you have looked at what he is about, and still defend him.
Which is worrying then because it means you support Sexual Harrassment, Transphobia, Doxxing, Sending death threats and bullying people till they break down.
Did he actually dox, sexually harass etc or did he just make anti-Anita videos so got thrown in with people who actually did those things instead, which is pretty common.
KylieDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 08:00   #274
jackali
Super Moderator
 
jackali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 15,288
Default

A quick Google shows he may not have done those things himself, but he made lengthy videos defending people accused of sexual harassment, and defending the gamergate movement, which harassed, sent death threats, and doxxed.

Supporting someone who supports that is tantamount to supporting it yourself, no? If nothing else, it's tacit approval of that support, and by extension that behaviour.
__________________
Life tastes better with cake. 🎂

Last edited by jackali; 06-03-21 at 08:01.
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 13:36   #275
KylieDog
Archaeologist
 
KylieDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackali View Post
A quick Google shows he may not have done those things himself, but he made lengthy videos defending people accused of sexual harassment, and defending the gamergate movement, which harassed, sent death threats, and doxxed.

Supporting someone who supports that is tantamount to supporting it yourself, no? If nothing else, it's tacit approval of that support, and by extension that behaviour.
It depends, for a lot of people that wasn't what it was about originally. The people doing the doxxing etc were the minority but the gaming media (who were being criticised as GamerGates original point) just painted everyone with the same brush.

It's not like gamer gate was an organisation, it was a movement anyone could say they were part of, including the lowest people. You can't judge everyone by the lowest's actions. I haven't watch any of the videos so I can't judge the guy. WB Games were aware of his channel when he started so I assume they found the content acceptable with no threats, doxx supporting etc.

Last edited by KylieDog; 06-03-21 at 13:43.
KylieDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 18:53   #276
SnatchingEdges
Professor
 
SnatchingEdges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Tihocan's tomb
Posts: 2,634
Default

Gamergate and similars are trash.

If your low action is agreeing with a movement that doxxed and harassed women for the sake of being women, then I'm sorry but you're trash lol. If that's a low then I don't wanna know what the big actions would be.
__________________
I'm an OFFICIAL TR fansite.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 22:58   #277
Uzi master
Relic Hunter
 
Uzi master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,933
Default

Every single significant movement and group in the history world has done something horrible. Anyone who supports anything is trash, by your logic.

It is both possible and necessary to acknowledge that a group is bad without thinking that reflects on the character of every person within that group.
Uzi master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 00:06   #278
tomblover
Legend
 
tomblover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 25,407
Default

^ What reflects on one's character is the sincerely held belief that Gamergate was about "ethics in video game journalism," lmao, being the oft-parroted line by people who don't want to take responsibility for siding with a movement whose last ****ing concern was being ethical, as the record shows.

If the ends (whatever those even were, in this case) justify the means to you, as far as targeted harassment is concerned - you'll forgive me for smelling a rat.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Since those complainers are people that don't even play games.(And can do nothing other than complaining about everything)
The four hundred and forty-seven games in my STEAM library say hello...

It would do you well to engage in arguments rather than deflect and run away from them, sis. You're not keeping your pride either way.

-

Honestly, these people who claim to be so worried about collusion should go back to hate-reading IGN reviews and riding select YouTuber ****.

If you really want to dismantle the vidya NWO or whatever, there's a better place to start, that's all I'm saying.
__________________
I'm your vulgar darling in the swimmin' pool.

Last edited by tomblover; 07-03-21 at 00:22.
tomblover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 02:38   #279
KylieDog
Archaeologist
 
KylieDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
^ What reflects on one's character is the sincerely held belief that Gamergate was about "ethics in video game journalism," lmao, being the oft-parroted line by people who don't want to take responsibility for siding with a movement whose last ****ing concern was being ethical, as the record shows.
Except that is why it started and why many people jumped on it. Just because a bunch of a***holes jumped on it too does not make everyone complicit or supportive of them. I heard a bunch of Christians say all non Christians should be burned, I guess that reflects on every Christian who still identifies as such after that was said, according to your logic.

Edit: According to that article Resetera has banned all HP game talk. Did they also ban all Ubisoft games, Activision-Blizzard, Take 2, CDPR etc? JK is anti-trans, but she isn't even involved with this game and hasn't personally abused anyone, while Ubisoft and others had actual real, direct abuse by the people in charge for years.

Last edited by KylieDog; 07-03-21 at 02:42.
KylieDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 03:27   #280
tomblover
Legend
 
tomblover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 25,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieDog View Post
Except that is why it started and why many people jumped on it. Just because a bunch of a***holes jumped on it too does not make everyone complicit or supportive of them. I heard a bunch of Christians say all non Christians should be burned, I guess that reflects on every Christian who still identifies as such after that was said, according to your logic.
What did the Gamergate movement accomplish, then, that was related to safeguarding the integrity of video game journalism (or the industry, or what-have-you), but which didn't involve the harassment of ZoŽ Quinn et al.?

There are religious people who do think non-religious people should burn (in hell or otherwise), but that's not a majority of them (at least not in Christianity, at least not overtly ).

Literally everything I've seen come out the mouths of Gamergaters, on the other hand...

It's either been misogyny, or unsubstantiated claims that "that's not what it's about," and weak defenses to the effect of "we don't claim those people" - when they're literally the driving force behind the movement, lmao.
__________________
I'm your vulgar darling in the swimmin' pool.

Last edited by tomblover; 07-03-21 at 03:32.
tomblover is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 15:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.