www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 12-08-18, 09:26   #13161
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001LC20 View Post
You guys still on that video? It was good not exactly accurate but who cares.
People have literally been talking about it this past page and the page before.

So clearly all of them care.

Why are you so rude lately...? You're usually really polite but lately you come across as really condescending and annoying.
Old 12-08-18, 09:52   #13162
2001LC20
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
People have literally been talking about it this past page and the page before.

So clearly all of them care.

Why are you so rude lately...? You're usually really polite but lately you come across as really condescending and annoying.
I am just saying why care whoever says whatever? It's their job to find sins whether accurate or not it's rather funny TR wasn't isn't and won't be the only one! No one really cares what are they saying it's not reviews or whatever.
No offense but this place just is all for drama imo.

And of course i am rude to say that sure... Not to mention i wasn't serious at all just let it go.

You are being rude btw.

Last edited by 2001LC20; 12-08-18 at 09:54.
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-18, 13:36   #13163
TrustyBow
Professor

For me, it's not a case of their video nitpicking so much as I just don't find their nitpicking funny. I used to be a fan of their videos but eventually they went overboard. They started nitpicking everything they could find and their videos became 5x longer.

Honest Trailers is much funnier, imo. They did a video for the movie but they mashed it up with Pacific Rim: Uprising, which is kind of disappointing, but funny nonetheless.

https://youtu.be/tmmNeNLpVCA
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-18, 13:46   #13164
2001LC20
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
For me, it's not a case of their video nitpicking so much as I just don't find their nitpicking funny. I used to be a fan of their videos but eventually they went overboard. They started nitpicking everything they could find and their videos became 5x longer.

Honest Trailers is much funnier, imo. They did a video for the movie but they mashed it up with Pacific Rim: Uprising, which is kind of disappointing, but funny nonetheless.

https://youtu.be/tmmNeNLpVCA
Honestly honest trailers is my second favorite You Tube show! I love em.
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-18, 15:32   #13165
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Actually in Siem Reap and tomorrow will visit the Tomb Raider ruins in the first AJ movie.

I have to say that film had a crazy insane legacy on society, it completely transformed Siem Reap, apparently in 2001 there was only 2 hotels total in the area but now there are probably like a 100 and that's because tourism here skyrocketed off that first film.

I can't even think of well received films that caused such an impact. Bond in Thailand didn't do much for Thailand, maybe Indiana Jones and Jordan but I haven't been yet.

So much so that I'd almost say that future films should film on real locations or even go back to Cambodia and film on the ruins in a different way, because the film has a surprising amount of respect here.

I'm trying to think of how Tomb Raider can stand out against other blockbusters and I think filming on amazing locations would be an idea. The sets were good but a lot of people thought they were very roller-coastery or theme parky but if you look at the Atmosphere Angkor Wat has in the first AJ movie with no special effects, it's an absolute marvel.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 12-08-18 at 15:38.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-18, 16:37   #13166
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Actually in Siem Reap and tomorrow will visit the Tomb Raider ruins in the first AJ movie.

I have to say that film had a crazy insane legacy on society, it completely transformed Siem Reap, apparently in 2001 there was only 2 hotels total in the area but now there are probably like a 100 and that's because tourism here skyrocketed off that first film.

I can't even think of well received films that caused such an impact. Bond in Thailand didn't do much for Thailand, maybe Indiana Jones and Jordan but I haven't been yet.

So much so that I'd almost say that future films should film on real locations or even go back to Cambodia and film on the ruins in a different way, because the film has a surprising amount of respect here.

I'm trying to think of how Tomb Raider can stand out against other blockbusters and I think filming on amazing locations would be an idea. The sets were good but a lot of people thought they were very roller-coastery or theme parky but if you look at the Atmosphere Angkor Wat has in the first AJ movie with no special effects, it's an absolute marvel.
And she'll drive up to the ruins in a nice Volvo, Honestly I have no idea why, but I feel like buying a Volvo right now....
Old 12-08-18, 17:24   #13167
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
And she'll drive up to the ruins in a nice Volvo, Honestly I have no idea why, but I feel like buying a Volvo right now....
I'd like her Volvo though. Even with what visual effects created today as she's walking around those ruins it still ages really well. It's just a very good look.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-18, 20:54   #13168
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

Dont forget the Teen Choice Awards are tonight! Whose ready to see Tomb Raider fail hard to the Avengers? Lolol. Maybe it will peak some interest for young folks that didnt watch it...at best...
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-18, 01:56   #13169
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
Dont forget the Teen Choice Awards are tonight! Whose ready to see Tomb Raider fail hard to the Avengers? Lolol. Maybe it will peak some interest for young folks that didnt watch it...at best...
It doesn't stand a chance

Is Vikander nominated for best hero? If so, at least she got a nomination among all the superheroes that were out there.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-18, 02:10   #13170
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
It doesn't stand a chance

Is Vikander nominated for best hero? If so, at least she got a nomination among all the superheroes that were out there.
Best action heroine yes. And best action movie. I watched 15 minutes and said nope. Absolutely unwatchable lolol teenagers are horrible. There were more social media awards like Best youtuber than film awards.

I dont even think they showed her categories on the show. They'll probably release them later. I feel like i need a bath after 15 minutes...
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote