www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 25-02-21, 15:40   #18151
Rai

Is that good or bad?

I realise that it's gonna be a while before Misha has a script ready, but I'm anxious to have a release window. I'm assuming late '22 earliest.
Old 25-02-21, 17:26   #18152
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Is that good or bad?

I realise that it's gonna be a while before Misha has a script ready, but I'm anxious to have a release window. I'm assuming late '22 earliest.
It's good. It means that MGM has an agreement with Paramount to release its films on its new streaming service. So they need to produce movies like TR2: P and this also ensures that the movie goes to the cinema first.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-21, 17:45   #18153
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

You read that wrong. They don't go 45 days. After MGM's domestic UA have their theatrical debut they go to EPIX who has an exclusive PayTV deal with MGM films and it's only AFTER then they go straight to Paramount Plus.

So that's American theatrical (several weeks or months depending on how well film does, first one lasted a month) then it goes to DVD and Blu-ray and Apple TV purchase / rent. Then EPIX has PayTV rights AND THEN it goes to Paramount Plus...
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-21, 19:53   #18154
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Honestly the future of films is all about the shorter window to streaming if this year has taught us anything. If on the off chance the virus gets worse or prolongs it's stay at least we are still getting new content to the market.
Old 25-02-21, 23:22   #18155
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Is that good or bad?

It depend If she rush her writing or not most of the TR movies scripts for the AJ movies were written in 4 or 6 months. But here we have a director who is also a screenwriter wich is a premiere for TR.
Old 26-02-21, 00:09   #18156
SoraSakai
Professor

It’s a win-win.

Idiots who want to risk spreading the virus further can see it in cinemas, while sane people can watch it on streaming a few weeks later
Old 26-02-21, 21:43   #18157
laracroftswest
Professor

^ I mean, we can hope that by that point vaccinations will allow theaters to be operational, but I digress.

Unless you mean right now with current Paramount films...then yes...stay at home and wait 45 days.
Old 27-02-21, 04:08   #18158
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist

The film is far from being finished but I'm confused. Isn't Tomb Raider Warner Brothers? That's where Misha Green came from with Lovecraft Country on HBO. So will TR 2 stream on HBO Max and Paramount+ then?
Old 27-02-21, 04:56   #18159
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
The film is far from being finished but I'm confused. Isn't Tomb Raider Warner Brothers? That's where Misha Green came from with Lovecraft Country on HBO. So will TR 2 stream on HBO Max and Paramount+ then?
Pretty sure someone smarter than me will jump in, but TR is a joint production. MGM+Warner Bros.
Old 27-02-21, 06:20   #18160
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

For the second film Warner is only the distributor for the international release. MGM is distributing in the USA under their own in-house company United Artist releasing so Warner will only really be marketing etc. for foreign territories this time around and not have as big a stake in the financial stuff.

Because WB have no HBO Max in many international territories and they aren't the US distributor this is probably why you won't be seeing TR2 on there.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 27-02-21 at 06:22.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote