www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 03-05-19, 18:24   #11
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
There is indeed a way.

I've prepared a video for you. Note that it doesn't have to be extremely precise; just experiment with different positions and visuals. The movement I used was as follows:

At far left - pull up
X2 side-step left (barely noticeable)
Side-step right
Turn and look for visual
Walk forward
Turn and look for visual
Jump forward (hold forward)

Good luck!
Nice technique, thanks!
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-19, 00:38   #12
fallenangle
Archaeologist

I did it, yay! The positioning is super critical. Whilst there are several places it seems it can be done the way I succeeded was a jump start point clearly to the right of the position shown in laravision's video.

LC's left foot was just inside the line between the first and second wooden planks and her head/body centre line matched up almost exactly with the thin centre line of the latticed window opposite.

With the straight forward standing jump holding forward, not holding forward or pressing forward in mid-air did not work for me. No matter how subtly I changed the angle she either slid down the roof or jumped into the room taking damage. So I decided to use the swan dive instead as that can work better for some critical jumps.

Using the swan dive I could see her clearly wanting to 'jink' on the edge but from the chosen start position subtly changing the angle produce the same failed results as before. The start angle was almost right because there was that hint of a 'jink' but the distance was just short.

Here's the solution I found: just make LC jump straight up in the air once before jumping. Doing that edges her forward fractionally, an essential tool for embedding her in the scenery for things like the corner bug. But here that very small shift in her position forward did the trick. I repeated it from the almost there start position I'd found several times and it worked consistently.

So the swan dive + perfect positioning also works here.

Thanks again to laravision and the other suggestion to use roll. I couldn't get that to work from the start position I was using but I'd guess with the appropriate adjustments it would.

Last edited by fallenangle; 04-05-19 at 13:45.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-20, 17:53   #13
ANoDE
Golden

Sorry for reviving this, but this seems the right thread to ask this.

I've turned my current TR2 playthough into a pistols-only no-medkit run to add a bit of additional challenge to the game.

Currently, I'm facing the high drop from The Deck - and I wanted to know if there is a way to conserve some more health during this drop. The remainder of the level seems to be possible without too much additional damage, but I'd still rather be on the safe side here.
Old 18-06-20, 18:12   #14
Mek
Historian

There is a way to skip the drop. It is know as the pull up bug. I haven't performed it by myself yet so I cannot explain how to do it but you can get more information about it in thread The Deck HELP!.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-20, 19:01   #15
ANoDE
Golden

Thanks for the info

Actually, the rest of the level is pretty easy (there's only a minor health loss for the jade secret), but everything else was pretty doable.

That pull-up bug sounds interesting. I have to try it next time I try that level
Old 18-06-20, 23:40   #16
fallenangle
Archaeologist

I've not used it there myself but with collapsing floors with a long drop side stepping at just the right time avoids damage.

I used in it in TR1 just before the Atlantean horror boss fight where there's a similar unavoidable high drop from a collapsing floor but I do not know if it works in TR2 or other cases.
Old 19-06-20, 00:30   #17
ANoDE
Golden

Neat. I'm sure that will come in handy if I ever attempt a no-scratch run (which, honestly I really doubt )

But good to know, I'm sure gonna try that next time there's a high drop.
Old 19-06-20, 00:31   #18
Woops
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangle View Post
I've not used it there myself but with collapsing floors with a long drop side stepping at just the right time avoids damage.

I used in it in TR1 just before the Atlantean horror boss fight where there's a similar unavoidable high drop from a collapsing floor but I do not know if it works in TR2 or other cases.
It does not. it's TR1 exclusive glitch.
As for the damage at the end of the jade secret in the Deck, it's avoidable

Walk to the corner
sidestep left until she stops turning
run off the ledge. this is important, If you roll off, she'll take damage.
voila

Last edited by Woops; 19-06-20 at 00:38.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-20, 07:45   #19
ANoDE
Golden

Nice, thank you! I did take that bit of damage, but this tick is quite neat

For what it's worth, I've read that people had issues with the two snow-mobile guys in the Tibetian Foothills level during a pistols-only / no scratch run. I've tried that yesterday and found a solution that seems to work pretty easy. Right after you trigger the snowmobile guys, you go up the blocky wall up your right. For some reason they are not able to target Lara there - I just ran around a bit up there to get one of them into pistol lock and shot.
Old 19-06-20, 11:41   #20
fallenangle
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
It does not. it's TR1 exclusive glitch.
As for the damage at the end of the jade secret in the Deck, it's avoidable

Walk to the corner
sidestep left until she stops turning
run off the ledge. this is important, If you roll off, she'll take damage.
voila
Thanks for the useful info; I thought it might be a TR1 only glitch so was hesitant in suggesting it might work here not having tried it myself.

I do not remember that Jade secret return being a problem in my pistols/no-scratch run. Does it work with a back hop? I'm pretty sure that's what I would have tried first when I realised she took damage if you used the expected move solution there. More than likely I just accidentally ran LC off the edge and that's why I don't remember it being an issue.

Last edited by fallenangle; 19-06-20 at 11:52.