www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 01-02-21, 13:17   #1
RealRaptoReX
Hobbyist

Unhappy Issues with the iOS Textures, FMVs, Controllers and TR II Gold!

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I hope I don't do anything wrong with this post

I recently discovered arsuns Tomb Raider II Main and its great. I think it is better than just using the peixoto tool to make it widescreen and using the iOS textures, because it offers so much more. I installed basically all of the reg tweaks he did.

But now I am running into a couple of issues when using peixoto and the entry "Tomb Raider II - Arsun".

First is that (even when starting the game from the normal .exe) the game doesn't show the intro cutscene and the eidos logo, you just hear the sound for some reason. I didn't test any other cutscene in the game, but it hapens when i press the enter or esc key to skip the cutscene too fast. I need to wait fot the TR II logo to fully appear and then i can press a button. I don't know how these are correlated.

Second issue is with the iOS textures. I don't know if these textures don't read properly, but levels like the Barkhanf Monastery or Tibetian Foothills seem to have no upgraded textures at all, at least the level beginnings, same with the temple of xian or the floating islands which just have a couple of them. I don't really know if it was like that in the iOS version as well.
But then there are levels like Bartoli's Hideout that have completely missing textures, seen here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CJ_...P07n87HfC/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T_-...56_NaXKSi/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pPx...J6bSo1To_/view

The third problem is my controller, I just can't configure it properly since peixotos tool is messy in terms of controller settings. I'm using DS4Windows to make it run in xinput and its the only way my controller is really recognized by windows. In Tomb Raider II, nothing but vibration and the left stick works. Isn't there some tutorial for the controller setup?

My last issue is, that TR2Main is awesome and its tweaks also work in TR2 Gold, but i can't start Gold using Peixotos tool (under the game selection "Tomb raider II - Arsun") so it shows the iOS textures. So basically the game works perfectly, but the iOS textures only get applied in the main game, not Gold. The problem is, that I can't create a shoprtcut in peixoto for gold.

I hope someone can help me out with these issues! :/

Edit 1: Images don't show
Edit 2: Corrected the FMV text
Edit 3: Added another picture, its even worse, the whole room is untextured

Last edited by RealRaptoReX; 01-02-21 at 14:13.
RealRaptoReX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 06:51   #2
Arsunt
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealRaptoReX View Post
I recently discovered arsuns Tomb Raider II Main and its great. I think it is better than just using the peixoto tool to make it widescreen and using the iOS textures, because it offers so much more. I installed basically all of the reg tweaks he did.

But now I am running into a couple of issues when using peixoto and the entry "Tomb Raider II - Arsun".
Hey! There is DirectX 9 tested in TR2Main now, and soon there will be HD textures support out of the box - with no additional tools or patches. So I guess all your problems will be solved.
By the way. There is 't' letter in the end of my nickname
Quote:
The third problem is my controller, I just can't configure it properly since peixotos tool is messy in terms of controller settings. I'm using DS4Windows to make it run in xinput and its the only way my controller is really recognized by windows. In Tomb Raider II, nothing but vibration and the left stick works. Isn't there some tutorial for the controller setup?
The latest public developer's build of TR2Main already has full support for controllers, including XInput and DualShock 4 native support, with vibration feedback. As bonus if you disable DS4Windows, you can use DS4 Lightbar indication feedback from Lara's health, oxygen, incoming damage.
Old 03-02-21, 16:32   #3
RealRaptoReX
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
Hey! There is DirectX 9 tested in TR2Main now, and soon there will be HD textures support out of the box - with no additional tools or patches. So I guess all your problems will be solved.
By the way. There is 't' letter in the end of my nickname

The latest public developer's build of TR2Main already has full support for controllers, including XInput and DualShock 4 native support, with vibration feedback. As bonus if you disable DS4Windows, you can use DS4 Lightbar indication feedback from Lara's health, oxygen, incoming damage.
ArsunT, I'm sorry xD
Okay that is great! I don't really like using peixotos tool to launch games, I'm generally not a fan of these kind of launchers, i rather edit the game files.
Any ETA om the update to this? I'm really liking this whole patch you created, thanks and good job

Oh it does? Well in my case without setting up anything else (i have the latest dev build), my controller doesn't work while using ds4windows to make it xinpt. I can't run the ds4 without the program at all. In game, only vibration and my dpad work, all other buttons don't, really weird.
Old 03-02-21, 16:38   #4
Arsunt
Historian

Quote:
Oh it does? Well in my case without setting up anything else (i have the latest dev build), my controller doesn't work while using ds4windows to make it xinpt. I can't run the ds4 without the program at all. In game, only vibration and my dpad work, all other buttons don't, really weird.
I'll send you a private message. What do you think about some beta-testing?
Old 03-02-21, 16:40   #5
RealRaptoReX
Hobbyist

Quote:
I'll send you a private message. What do you think about some beta-testing?
Sure, would lobe to do that! I guess my problem with tr2 gold will be solved as well, since i will use the exe itself.
Old 03-02-21, 16:46   #6
Arsunt
Historian

Quote:
Sure, would lobe to do that! I guess my problem with tr2 gold will be solved as well, since i will use the exe itself.
For the Golden Mask read here
Old 03-02-21, 17:01   #7
RealRaptoReX
Hobbyist

Quote:
For the Golden Mask read here
That's exactly what I did. To clearify, the problem isn't anything related to your mod. The main problem is, that in peixotos tool, there are 3 entries for tr2. One is the main game, one is golden mask and the third one is TR2 Arsunt to allow compability with texture packs. Since your mod only uses one exe to launch both the main game and the golden mask, peicotos tool cannot start gold at all. I can only launch it via the exe with the -gold added to the end. Everything in your mod works for gold, but the texture packs don't. So that will be resolved once you add support for it
Old 03-02-21, 17:04   #8
Arsunt
Historian

Quote:
Everything in your mod works for gold, but the texture packs don't. So that will be resolved once you add support for it
I recommend to wait for external textures support in TR2Main (feature is already in progress). So you won't need Peixoto's tool at all.
Old 03-02-21, 17:05   #9
RealRaptoReX
Hobbyist

Quote:
I recommend to wait for external textures support in TR2Main (feature is already in progress). So you won't need Peixoto's tool at all.
Yeah, I will be happy when that is the case, I'll just wait for it

Last edited by RealRaptoReX; 03-02-21 at 17:14.
Old 14-02-21, 23:58   #10
Snake356
Hobbyist

Quote:

Second issue is with the iOS textures. I don't know if these textures don't read properly, but levels like the Barkhanf Monastery or Tibetian Foothills seem to have no upgraded textures at all, at least the level beginnings, same with the temple of xian or the floating islands which just have a couple of them. I don't really know if it was like that in the iOS version as well.
But then there are levels like Bartoli's Hideout that have completely missing textures, seen here:

I have exactly the same problem with the black textures in "Bartoli's Hideout" with the latest Peixoto version. Is there the one fix for the textures to show up?
Snake356 is offline   Reply With Quote