www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 14-05-20, 11:54   #1
bybyby
Hobbyist

Default Cutscene changes to to FMV

I want to play video instead of Tomb Raider Chronicles cutscene animations. Fmv, Bik or avi. This is translation project and I want to add subtitle to the videos. Can you help me? Thanks.
bybyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-20, 07:47   #2
Zreen001
Professor

If I understand you, you just want the FMV videos that play during the game? The CGI rendered ones?

Our sister site tombraiderchronicles.com has a collection of Tomb Raider things. This link should take you directly to the Tomb Raider Chronicles videos page. The ones labeled "FMV" are the ones you are looking for I think. Follow the instructions on the download page.

From there you should be able to do your translation project.

Hope this helps!

-Cheers
Old 16-05-20, 09:30   #3
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist

what I understand is that he wants to replace actual in-game cutscenes with a recording of these cutscenes to add subtitles in it. Is that right ?

I don't know if it's possible since it would require to delete cutscenes from the game and change triggers in the levels to play videos instead
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-20, 13:07   #4
bybyby
Hobbyist

Yes exactly. I want to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
what I understand is that he wants to replace actual in-game cutscenes with a recording of these cutscenes to add subtitles in it. Is that right ?

I don't know if it's possible since it would require to delete cutscenes from the game and change triggers in the levels to play videos instead
bybyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-20, 03:11   #5
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

Sorry - subtitle rendering is not possible in any TR game via in-game cutscenes.

You could add your own subtitles to the .bik files! but in-game cutscene subtitles you cannot. Recording them, and then making new bik files would be useless as you cannot change an ingame Cutseq.pak trigger to become a BIK FMV trigger - this would also ruin the game as "END OF LEVEL" triggers in many levels are contained inside a cutseq.pak animation command. Also, some cutscenes will contain an animation command trigger that opens a door that advances to a new area required to continue. You will break the game.

The only remotely close possible thing to this is using the Level Editor (based on PC TR4), and NGLE which has specialized subtitle strings however, that doesn't work for the original TR4 or TR5 games.

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 17-05-20 at 03:13.
mizuno_suisei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-20, 23:56   #6
Woops
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
this would also ruin the game as "END OF LEVEL" triggers in many levels are contained inside a cutseq.pak animation command.
Nope, it's hardcoded to cutscene numbers. Has nothing to do with the animations.
Old 19-05-20, 04:12   #7
Kapu
Professor

Default @^

I think mizuno was referring to the cutseq.pak as a whole, not an individual character animation. As in, the end of level trigger is commanded by the cutseq.pak file (where animations are also stored).
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote