www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Fan Artwork, Pictures, Movies and Writings

Old 14-05-20, 21:51   #1
GRiannisRaider
Explorer

Default Life Is Strange After The Storm

Hello everyone ! This past month I've been working on something that was an assigment for my college but since I liked what I achived with it I decided to make it a full fan game for the Life Is Strange universe So this is a video where I showcase you the work that I've done so far with it . The story will be about Max and Chloe after the events of the first game following the Sacrifice Arcadia Bay Ending

Story overview : It's gonna be about Max and Chloe leaving Arcadia Bay behind after the storm happened and having to deal and adjust to their new life style (kinda similar to LIS2 since they don't have any money) They are starting a totally new life so they will have to figure it out along the way .Max will refuse to use her power that much this time around since what happened with arcadia traumatized her and has to deal with the thoughts of what happened to all the people that died in the storm. It will be a journey of overcoming their obstacles and inner demons along the way.

Gameplay:
What I really like about this game is that you will be able to play both as Max and Chloe and solve puzzles along the way . In one of the scenes that I want to create Max and Chloe are seperated and have to find a way to solve a puzzle in order to find each other again so you will be switching between Max and Chloe back and forth until you solve the puzzle. Most of the LIS gameplay elements will be present.

Last edited by GRiannisRaider; 15-05-20 at 21:28.
GRiannisRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-20, 22:33   #2
Zebra
Legend

Looks cool so far ! I really like the icons. Did you make the animations yourself or rip them from the game? Oh and are you using Unity or UE4?
Old 14-05-20, 22:37   #3
GRiannisRaider
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Looks cool so far ! I really like the icons. Did you make the animations yourself or rip them from the game? Oh and are you using Unity or UE4?
Hello! Thank you so much The animations for the characters are from unity I am mostly a programmer but I plan to change them and make my own if I find the time. The animations for the UI are mine. I also use Unity.

Last edited by GRiannisRaider; 14-05-20 at 22:39.
GRiannisRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-20, 22:56   #4
Zebra
Legend

Ah, nice. If you were using Unreal, I would've asked you how you got the UI to work like in LiS (where it's both being rendered in a specific spot in 3D space, on-top of the environment and NPCs but behind the player character) since I've been having trouble getting that kinda set-up to work in UE4 without getting terrible ghosting on the UI elements . But the workflow is probably very different in Unity.

But in any case, it's looking promising. Will definitely be following along with your progress !
Old 14-05-20, 23:34   #5
GRiannisRaider
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Ah, nice. If you were using Unreal, I would've asked you how you got the UI to work like in LiS (where it's both being rendered in a specific spot in 3D space, on-top of the environment and NPCs but behind the player character) since I've been having trouble getting that kinda set-up to work in UE4 without getting terrible ghosting on the UI elements . But the workflow is probably very different in Unity.

But in any case, it's looking promising. Will definitely be following along with your progress !
Thanks ! Oh I see what I've done in unity though was to literally put it in the scene and use sprites to display it after that I animated it and coded it to work with my examination system . I have not touched unreal yet so unfortunately I can't really help with that
Old 15-05-20, 20:27   #6
Zsott
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiannisRaider View Post
The story will be about Max and Chloe after the events of the first game following the spoiler
Looks great!
Will you adapt the story of the comics, or are you going to make your own story?
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-20, 21:30   #7
GRiannisRaider
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
Looks great!
Will you adapt the story of the comics, or are you going to make your own story?
Thank you I think I'll go with my storyline but maybe take some inspiration from the comics here and there. You can check it out now I updated the thread
Old 19-05-20, 05:09   #8
GRiannisRaider
Explorer

New screenshot :