www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 21-05-20, 18:47   #1
Jamise_Croft
Explorer

Default Bug with the menu sound

Hi, I just downloaded TR2 again and I noticed that there is a bug with the sound and the menu, for example, the great wall has some ambient effects so if i open the menu (the guns and stuff), those effects go, the only sound is Lara's steps, and also if you take a secret there isn't the classic and characteristic sound just the "aha".
Also if I try go to the menu there is no music and in the manor Lara does not speak either, so what is happening with my game, I played a few weeks ago and i had no problems there, I tried the trupdater, the compatibility with windows 95-me.
I dont know what to do

Edit: This thread should be in tr2 part, and the title is also wrong ;_; is "bug with the menu", sorry I'm a mess with this

Last edited by Jamise_Croft; 21-05-20 at 18:50.
Jamise_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-20, 00:45   #2
laravision
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamise_Croft View Post
Hi, I just downloaded TR2...
I'm assuming either the Steam or GOG versions?

This issue has been a common one over the years. A bug of the original game, perhaps caused by incorrect initialisation of the music volume.

Troubleshoot everything. Begin from a fresh setup. If you can't access the setup, then use the -setup parameter by creating a shortcut of the tomb2.exe, then open the properties of this newly created shortcut. At the end of the target/address field, add a space, then type -setup after the quote, so that it reads something like: "C:\Games\TR2\Tomb2.exe" -setup
Now run the shortcut & the setup menu should appear. If the issue persists, try changing the music volume from within the game to a different value.
Apparently, using the full screen boarder fix can cause audio to stop working, so make sure that isn't the culprit if you're using one.

Alternatively, you can try a different music solution which can be downloaded here. It's comprised of separate wma tracks in a folder named music, alongside x2 .dll files - fmodex.dll and winmm.dll, all of which should be placed in the main game directory.

The music solution I use with Arsunt's patch is comprised of an audio folder containing separate mp3 tracks at 320kbps. They can be downloaded here, alongside their respective fmodex and "winmm dll's. Again, these belong in the main directory.

I recommend you try Arsunt's patch. A project that's shaping up to be a complete overhaul of TR2 through the mass decompiling of the game code.

Last edited by laravision; 04-06-20 at 18:37.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-20, 00:11   #3
Jamise_Croft
Explorer

Yes I'm using the gog version and that patch literally make the game works perfecly even the cutscenes are better now thank u sm