www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 01-06-20, 17:36   #38161
Patrick star
Tomb Raider

No offence , but have you got any idea about the meanings of the words you're using ? becauseTR2013 Lara , as a matter of fact , is neither chubby nor bulky .

And Classic Lara's spaghetti arms and microscopic waist is light years away from demonstrating/representing fierceness or badassary imo , especially when combined with the tacky six packs visible in some renders , it adds to the whole caricature-esque , uncanny/grotesque look .

Shortness is another issue . Yes , she was indeed made shorter , it was a conscious decision by the devs .
Old 01-06-20, 17:40   #38162
LNSNHGTDS
Relic Hunter

She's literally thin, she's just not abnormally thin and her boobs are smaller so they don't contrast as much with the rest of her body as they did before. She's 1.68m, she's four whole centimetres taller than the average British woman so she's average yes but not short and definitely not "very" short. She's just shorter than before which is something that used to bother me but I honestly don't care anymore.

She's just a college graduate in 2013 with some climbing and archery training. Her model becomes bulkier, with more muscle definition and the baby face goes away game by game in the following two games so I don't know what your deal is.

Last edited by LNSNHGTDS; 01-06-20 at 17:43.
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 18:02   #38163
Patrick star
Tomb Raider

Look how chubby and bulky this person is .
Old 02-06-20, 19:03   #38164
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Many girls would kill to have a body like that render. She still has feminine curves and an hourglass figure, it's just downplayed compared to the classic character.

I do have my own issues with her not looking enough like Lara for my tastes, which does include wishing she was taller and more leggy. I also do think she's styled incredibly plain in terms of her hair and clothing, to the point where it's a case of over-correcting sexualisation. I have never considered her unattractive though and think it's a reach when people say that too.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 02-06-20 at 19:07.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 20:52   #38165
Pillis
Student

That's the problem, they created her to be relatable because original Lara was an unrealistic beauty standard. Who cares?? I am sick of this pc policy. I want Lara to be sexy skinny, muscular, unrealistic and bad ass.
Pillis is offline   Reply With Quote