Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 30-04-18, 11:42   #51
NYCL@R@

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
Program Files (x86) - Steam - steamapps - common - TombRaider (III)
I did all that BUT I don’t know how to save the setting for the patch.
NYCL@R@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-18, 18:39   #52
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCL@R@ View Post
I did all that BUT I don’t know how to save the setting for the patch.
Are you planning to use TRJTA's widescreen title/loading screens, as well as the widescreen patch that was linked in the OP?

To display the widescreen images, do the following:
1. First, extract the 'TR 2 - 5 Widescreen Fix.rar' file. Open 'TR III Widescreen Pix', find the 'pix' folder and copy its contents.
2. Navigate to your TR3 steam directory. Find the 'pix' folder and paste the new images into it (make backups of the older images if necessary).

For the actual game to display in widescreen, I don't recommend using the patch from Stella's, as it has mixed results in my experience. I recommend using this widescreen TR3 patch, which calculates the correct aspect ratio and field of view automatically (make a backup of the original tomb3.exe file if necessary).

Last edited by laravision; 11-04-22 at 12:23.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-18, 22:34   #53
NYCL@R@

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
Are you planning to use TRJTA's widescreen title/loading screens, as well as the widescreen patch that was linked in the OP?

To display the widescreen images, do the following:
1. First, extract the 'TR 2 - 5 Widescreen Fix.rar' file. Open 'TR III Widescreen Pix', find the 'pix' folder and copy its contents.
2. Navigate to your TR3 steam directory which should be in Program Files. Find the 'pix' folder there, and paste the new images into it (make backups of the older images if necessary).

For the actual game to display in widescreen, I don't recommend using the patch from Stella's, as it has mixed results in my experience. I recommend using this widescreen TR3 patch, which calculates the correct aspect ratio and field of view automatically (make a backup of the original tomb3.exe file if necessary).
I will do my best. Thank you guys for your help. This is the first time I’ve been playing the classics on pc so why not play at its best.
NYCL@R@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-20, 00:16   #54
BlueCake
Inactive

Thank you so much, this is exactly what i was looking for. I was also bothered by the fact that TR2 on steam has it's uk logo in the box art but the usa logo in game.
BlueCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 17:16   #55
ToMbRaIdErxFtW

Question

Does anyone have a widescreen version of the Tomb Raider The Last Revelation logo? There is a Chronicles version available for download but not TLR.
ToMbRaIdErxFtW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 19:20   #56
mizuno_suisei

Can do this yourself quite easily with *trcustomscreens* and photoshop!

Save logo as BMP or PNG. edit its aspect ratio in PS and then resave the logo PAK file via trcustomscreens
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 19:40   #57
ToMbRaIdErxFtW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Can do this yourself quite easily with *trcustomscreens* and photoshop!

Save logo as BMP or PNG. edit its aspect ratio in PS and then resave the logo PAK file via trcustomscreens
Sorry for the super late reply but where can I find this "trcustomscreens"? I tried googling for it but I can't find it. Also, I'm really not very good photo editing and things like that so if somebody happened to have a premade widescreen version of the TR4 logo, that would be amazing. Thank you.
Old 11-04-22, 00:54   #58
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMbRaIdErxFtW View Post
Sorry for the super late reply but where can I find this "trcustomscreens"? I tried googling for it but I can't find it. Also, I'm really not very good photo editing and things like that so if somebody happened to have a premade widescreen version of the TR4 logo, that would be amazing. Thank you.
Hmm, I cant seem to find a link either!

However I just found what seems to be an alternative, converting a BMP directly to the required PAK format, check the link here and the comment by Sapper

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=192738
Old 11-04-22, 03:18   #59
ToMbRaIdErxFtW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Hmm, I cant seem to find a link either!

However I just found what seems to be an alternative, converting a BMP directly to the required PAK format, check the link here and the comment by Sapper

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=192738
Thanks, I downloaded the program but I cant get it to work. I just immediately exits and doesn't produce anything. And anyway, I don't even know how to "convert" the logo into widescreen in the first place. I am using the PSX style logo that is available here.

Last edited by ToMbRaIdErxFtW; 11-04-22 at 03:23.
Old 11-04-22, 04:01   #60
mizuno_suisei

Basically, you'd keep the complete image canvas size the same - but make the logo itself "thinner" within that canvas