Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 13-04-20, 14:08   #1
JAMJOOM

Default Tomb Raider AOD - Early Beta Legend

A little compilation of the early Lara Croft model for Tomb Raider Legend, which was some kind of reimagination of AoD Lara... until Toby Gard came and changed everything. We could almost had Crystal Dynamic's AoD sequel??? Maybe they wanted to continue AoD story somehow, but with their own ideas... I actually like Tomb Raider Legend, but imagine how this game could have turned into...

Toby Gard

maybe Nicobass create his model from this one

written by:RUUs Room

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL_u14BBt4I

JAMJOM
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX..._as=subscriber

Last edited by JAMJOOM; 22-04-20 at 22:46.
JAMJOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-20, 14:36   #2
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMJOOM View Post
A little compilation of the early Lara Croft model for Tomb Raider Legend, which was some kind of reimagination of AoD Lara... until Toby Gard came and changed everything. We could almost had Crystal Dynamic's AoD sequel??? Maybe they wanted to continue AoD story somehow, but with their own ideas... I actually like Tomb Raider Legend, but imagine how this game could have turned into...
Some nice images. I only completed Legend once and can't remember much of it. But I don't remember getting the impression that the game and/or storyline was a direct sequel to AOD.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-20, 16:00   #3
LaraCablara

I really doubt they had any interest in continuing the story, but they probably considered using AOD Lara because all the marketing in the past few years had her in it.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-20, 16:04   #4
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCablara View Post
I really doubt they had any interest in continuing the story, but they probably considered using AOD Lara because all the marketing in the past few years had her in it.
Legend Lara is different to AOD though, isn't she? In which case, if they did consider using AOD Lara then they didn't go through with it.
Old 13-04-20, 17:52   #5
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Yes they did considered continuing AOD. It's in an interview in the official strategy guide for TRL. They said that the first idea they had was to continue AOD storyline but it actually never had any kind of script for it except for some ideas.

And I think they started with recreating an AOD model because it was the last one in the saga. Then Toby Gard probably said no.
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-20, 18:47   #6
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
Yes they did considered continuing AOD. It's in an interview in the official strategy guide for TRL. They said that the first idea they had was to continue AOD storyline but it actually never had any kind of script for it except for some ideas.

And I think they started with recreating an AOD model because it was the last one in the saga. Then Toby Gard probably said no.
Core Design intended for AOD to be a trilogy, so there was potential for sequels. With Core Design going out of business, they were unable to continue with AOD. Crystal Dynamics could have continued with AOD, but I guess they chose not to.
Old 14-04-20, 07:06   #7
JAMJOOM

Default super

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
Core Design intended for AOD to be a trilogy, so there was potential for sequels. With Core Design going out of business, they were unable to continue with AOD. Crystal Dynamics could have continued with AOD, but I guess they chose not to.
The fact that this game could have been released makes me so sad cause would be so cool.......Perhaps Toby Gard
was the main reason of these changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post

.i agree with you

Quote:
Fear of Failure perhaps? after the falling of AOD.....

Last edited by Admles; 22-04-20 at 22:57. Reason: triple posts merged
Old 14-04-20, 09:15   #8
XXIIXX
Inactive

If I'm not mistaken they originally were in direct contact with Core Design in the early beginning. I don't know if they were gonna pick up exactly from where Core left off but still.

Beta Legend Lara's original hairstyle even had the exact same ponytail as AoD after they had switched to the Legend model but shorter and the colour was a lot more reddish brown, like the original in-game models.
XXIIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-20, 08:56   #9
JAMJOOM

Default love this

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXIIXX View Post
If I'm not mistaken they originally were in direct contact with Core Design in the early beginning. I don't know if they were gonna pick up exactly from where Core left off but still.

Beta Legend Lara's original hairstyle even had the exact same ponytail as AoD after they had switched to the Legend model but shorter and the colour was a lot more reddish brown, like the original in-game models.
i think they was confused about aod model.as i read: {we were looking at her to see what we could do we uded the angle of darkness model at the very begining as a base model..}....{Toby Gard.laras original creater was brought over from england to work on the project..his coming on board helped a huge amount because as he actualy created lara in the first place . he wasnt afraid of her.he said :she is my character, ill do what i want......
Old 19-04-20, 16:08   #10
Mac Daddy

You can actually download the model now after someone extracted it from the Peru Flashback level, and someone textured it as well. You can find it on somebody called dokhat's Devianart page, clicking the image below.

Click Here
Mac Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote