www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 16-10-18, 13:51   #11
LoreRaider
Archaeologist

I loved one thing more than some others in this competition, even if we were "rivals", we were helping each other whenever someone was asking for help, and that's what matters mostly

Congrats to all the participants! I got 4th, oh well
Old 16-10-18, 14:28   #12
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
we were helping each other whenever someone was asking for help, and that's what matters mostly
This!

Congratulations everone!
Old 17-10-18, 11:35   #13
Baslakor
Explorer

Was a fun competition. Congrats all!
Baslakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-18, 02:08   #14
Torry
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topixtor View Post
Unfortunately there is no e-mail or other contact for him in his TRLE.net profile so I really don't know how to contact him...
G'day there,

Understand that you are disappointed with my comments and score re; your level. I would be too if I had worked weeks and maybe months on something. However, I have been reviewing levels since 2001 (745 levels reviewed) and am fair in what I portray as MY experiences in the level in question. I do not consider it a BAD level, just flawed in some aspects. Honestly, if you knew about those flaws as some other reviewer suggests then why submit it in that flawed format? If it had been my level I would never have released it for public consumption like that. Generally I am a huge fan of all the unofficial editor levels but this one just fell short for me I am sorry and I am sorry that you you feel hard done by but a couple of other reviewers were of the same opinion. I honestly do not see this as an eight as DJFULL suggests. As I say, this reflects my own experience in game and no one else's. What I like or dislike will be completely different to some other reviewer. Remember that the AVERAGE score is what counts and in this case after 20 reviews you have still garnered an 8 so subjectively you have arrived at the score you wanted.

I have now replayed this with the updated package you submitted to trle.net early October and have requested an amended score for you Topixtor.

Last edited by Torry; 19-10-18 at 03:46. Reason: Additional note
Torry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-18, 05:06   #15
DJ Full
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torry View Post
f you knew about those flaws as some other reviewer suggests then why submit it in that flawed format?
Torry the level isn't "flawed", you had wrong setup so you thought it's broken and rated to 2/10.
You just need to press F7 and the objects won't disappear like in every other TR2 level.
Old 19-10-18, 11:21   #16
Topixtor
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torry View Post
G'day there,

Understand that you are disappointed with my comments and score re; your level. I would be too if I had worked weeks and maybe months on something. However, I have been reviewing levels since 2001 (745 levels reviewed) and am fair in what I portray as MY experiences in the level in question. I do not consider it a BAD level, just flawed in some aspects. Honestly, if you knew about those flaws as some other reviewer suggests then why submit it in that flawed format? If it had been my level I would never have released it for public consumption like that. Generally I am a huge fan of all the unofficial editor levels but this one just fell short for me I am sorry and I am sorry that you you feel hard done by but a couple of other reviewers were of the same opinion. I honestly do not see this as an eight as DJFULL suggests. As I say, this reflects my own experience in game and no one else's. What I like or dislike will be completely different to some other reviewer. Remember that the AVERAGE score is what counts and in this case after 20 reviews you have still garnered an 8 so subjectively you have arrived at the score you wanted.

I have now replayed this with the updated package you submitted to trle.net early October and have requested an amended score for you Topixtor.
I completely understand your point of view, I would NEVER force someone into thinking my level is good when they felt like it was bad; the problem here is that, as DjFull said, it was NOT my fault, if you go into original TR2 and press F7 while in-game the same glitches will occur! Since my level is done in only 2 big rooms overloaded with objects, the effect is much stronger unfortunately; however, as I said in the updated level readme and notes, there is absolutely no need to have that F7 setting activated and every level will look glitchy and bad with it on! Many players had it activated without noticing and my level just made everyone notice about that.

I'm happy however that you decided to replay it and revise your review, hope you could enjoy it more without the problems
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-19, 11:04   #17
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Hello, everyone! I know this thread has been dead for a while, however I've been "dead" too around here and I feel I should give a few words regarding this.

Doing MD's lost treasure was a lot of fun... I've never had put so much content in only one room, and the wheel puzzle was definitely a challenge (had so many errors ahaha).
It's definitely not easy, considering you sometimes can't apply all of your ideas because you have reached the object or camera limit. Most of my object usages were on bridges (as you could have noticed based off of the "unusual" verticality), and with that I couldn't have added more pickups, enemies or anything like that - but that's fine... I made this level the way I like it. The only thing I'd change, was probably the pushing part.

One mention I shouldn't forget was the good experience I've had with other contestants - I've loved the interaction we've had with each other, as in giving tips, or helping with this and that error as well as lending setups in order to optimize certain things (I've received setups and gave some of mine too!)

Last but not least, gotta thank everyone who played, enjoyed and voted for me on this competition! While there was no official reward, I feel thankful to have people who actually enjoy my work!

I've enjoyed a lot working on this competition, and I'd definitely do it again! I'm waiting for the next contest!!!!

xoxo
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-19, 16:51   #18
Mystery-King
Archaeologist

Location: Sunny ol' England where no other TRFer seems to be! :L

I know I'm now very late to the party, but my ORC level (that I couldn't get finished in time due to bugginess with one of the puzzles) is now finished. Would anyone be interested in beta-testing? Because even though I've missed the competition I'd love to still release it.
Mystery-King is offline   Reply With Quote