www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 31-01-19, 13:24   #1
LaraHCroft91
Historian

Question Teeth Spikes: How to set height that hurts Lara?

Hi,
I love that we can have teeth spikes like in TR1-3 (EXTRA_TEETH_NO_DAMAGE_ON_WALKING) but in TR1-3 they don't hurt Lara when she is jumping over them, like in TR4. And the problem is when you replace their mesh from high TR4 spikes to low TR1-3 spikes the "hurting height" remains high (lTR4ish). I thought that lowering collision in Wadmerger will solve it but no... collision has no effect on that. And Enemy= has only damage options (how mush it will hurt Lara), nothing with height of mesh or something like that.

What I want is to lower the invisible "hurting" bound for teeth spikes, so you can put them for example into 2-3 clicks hole and they will do no harm when you are jumping over them or you are near borders of the hole.

I think you know what I am talking about and maybe the solution is right in front of me but I just don't see it right now. So thank you for future replies

Using: TRNG 1.3.0.7
Wadmerger 1.98 Beta 3 (Fixer 1.0.0.3)
Old 14-02-19, 20:49   #2
Ado Croft
Historian

Hmm i have some solution of your problem. Try to replace your teeth spike object to ceiling and than move it a little bit down under a floor. It causes that damage height of your teeth spikes will be lower as before.

Last edited by Ado Croft; 14-02-19 at 20:56.
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-19, 18:16   #3
LaraHCroft91
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ado Croft View Post
Hmm i have some solution of your problem. Try to replace your teeth spike object to ceiling and than move it a little bit down under a floor. It causes that damage height of your teeth spikes will be lower as before.
It doesn't work for me The object is still very badly working...
Old 14-03-19, 22:32   #4
Dustie
Relic Hunter

I'm facing this issue too, the damage box for spikes is pretty high, higher than it is in TR1-3. From what I've seen placing the spikes below the flor does lower the damage level somewhat, but they still hurt Lara in an excessive area around them, compared to TR1-3. Changing the mesh of the object requires adjusting it to match the height of the TR4 spikes, otherwise the original objects will always seem to low for the actual damage area, that's probably the only way around it. Another option would be to use a different object altogether to pose as spikes, while the real spikes are textured invisible, which is what I'm will most likely go for.

Last edited by Dustie; 14-03-19 at 22:35.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-19, 14:48   #5
TokyoSU
Student

like this ?: TR1 Teeth Spike (it's not the original TR4 teeth spikes.)

Last edited by TokyoSU; 30-03-19 at 13:14.
TokyoSU is offline   Reply With Quote