www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 22-11-12, 05:18   #21
tombraiderxii
Professor

Hello guys! Just letting you guys know I just started working on this again after a long break from TRLE.
Since school started I will have to admit that my focuses have shifted lately since I'm a senior in high school now. I've been mostly focused with my studies and I've been working on my university applications, so I haven't really had that much time with the level editor as much as I'd like to; however, even though I haven't had much time to actually build, I have been jotting down a lot of ideas, sketches, maps, etc as prep, so now it's all a matter of doing the building, which I hope to do a lot more starting in early January since I'll be done with majority of my applications by then.
In the mean time, I'll just be doing some sporadic little updates from time to time.
I got a lot of work done with the Town level and I started work with the hub level itself again. I am a bit rusty though.
So here are two new shots (I posted these in the showcase), and some older shots of the town level (since I didn't post them here yet)
Again, everything is still WIP.

Old 22-11-12, 11:50   #22
DJ Full
Professor

3rd screen... ???? O.o
DJ Full is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-12, 11:54   #23
Caesum
Tomb Raider

^ She's pulling a table I think.

Nice screenshots you have there!
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-12, 11:58   #24
DJ Full
Professor

No no, I mean the one where she looks like trapped in a pushblock cage. (I have no idea how he did it O.O )
DJ Full is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-13, 05:20   #25
tombraiderxii
Professor

Once I get the general lighting and all that stuff done for certain caves, I'm planning on adding crystals and such to brighten them up and improve the caves in general!

Overall, progress is coming along nicely. There are even some side quests that I'm going to try and add.

However, I do have a small question. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to do voice-overs? At the moment, it's only for Lara and another character and it's for the beginning of the game.

Last edited by tombraiderxii; 23-04-14 at 17:33.
tombraiderxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-13, 07:57   #26
Ceamonks890
Professor

If this other character happened to be male, I could give it a shot if you want
Old 05-05-13, 09:30   #27
DJ Full
Professor

Me too. I always wanted to do a voiceover I can do Yoda if You want. Or if, by any chance, there's no Yoda ingame, I can do any jedi master. And if there's no jedi master, I can do any male voice except a deep bass one, because it's

And don't render fraps videos to YUV, because You will ALWAYS lose contrast palette (if we can speak about "palette" in field of contrast). Use RGB instead.

Yes, I know Star Wars Day is already gone, but I'm still celebrating and couldn't resist. May the Fourth be with You.
Old 05-05-13, 12:29   #28
bagas
Archaeologist

Awesome stuff is going on in here, definitely
in my must play list
bagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13, 03:19   #29
tombraiderxii
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceamonks890 View Post
If this other character happened to be male, I could give it a shot if you want
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Full View Post
Me too. I always wanted to do a voiceover I can do Yoda if You want. Or if, by any chance, there's no Yoda ingame, I can do any jedi master. And if there's no jedi master, I can do any male voice except a deep bass one, because it's

And don't render fraps videos to YUV, because You will ALWAYS lose contrast palette (if we can speak about "palette" in field of contrast). Use RGB instead.

Yes, I know Star Wars Day is already gone, but I'm still celebrating and couldn't resist. May the Fourth be with You.
I originally planned it for a woman, but I think a male would be a better fit. If you or anyone else is still interested, let me know via PM and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! I just have to type up a draft of one of the scripts, and then I'll send out PMs for anyone interested.

and I don't really know how to work with FRAPS but I'll give that a try. No wonder the playback videos are **** when I record. Thank you! Awesome as always DJ FULL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagas View Post

Awesome stuff is going on in here, definitely
in my must play list
Thank you!!

I always think my levels look or play like crap once I work on them so long! I think it may just because I replay the same sections over and over again for testing purposes, but oh well.

EDIT: At the moment, there are 2 open slots for voice acting:
1) Lara Croft
2) A Male Character for the beginning (He's a guard dude at the beginning of the game for a mini-quest)

Last edited by tombraiderxii; 06-05-13 at 04:52.
tombraiderxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13, 12:52   #30
!araCr0ft
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombraiderxii View Post
I originally planned it for a woman, but I think a male would be a better fit. If you or anyone else is still interested, let me know via PM and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! I just have to type up a draft of one of the scripts, and then I'll send out PMs for anyone interested.

and I don't really know how to work with FRAPS but I'll give that a try. No wonder the playback videos are **** when I record. Thank you! Awesome as always DJ FULL!

Thank you!!

I always think my levels look or play like crap once I work on them so long! I think it may just because I replay the same sections over and over again for testing purposes, but oh well.

EDIT: At the moment, there are 2 open slots for voice acting:
1) Lara Croft
2) A Male Character for the beginning (He's a guard dude at the beginning of the game for a mini-quest)
I'd love to help you out with Lara