Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 26-05-20, 11:30   #16651
Rai

Yeah, I guess a new release date could be something he might know. I'm now wondering what questions he'd actually be able to answer. Seems almost pointless.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-20, 11:53   #16652
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Yeah, I guess a new release date could be something he might know. I'm now wondering what questions he'd actually be able to answer. Seems almost pointless.
Did you and I touch a mystical jar at the same time and swap bodies? Haha
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-20, 12:32   #16653
Portugalraider

Well, it certainly is strange having Sora be the optimist one, and Rai being quite pessimistic this time. .

I mean, even if I will send them today, it might be pretty sure that Ben will not tell anything too plot related. We might still get some nice tidbits into the production of the movie if the correct questions are asked.

As for shooting in the US, the production list Pinky found did say production would happen in LA. Maybe with all this talk and considering the US has less restrictive lockdown rules than South Africa, that's why shooting will partly happen there? Or maybe it will happen in both locations alongside UK, since Ben said they would be shooting all over the world?

Anyways, still good info and once again confirmation that they are just waiting for rules to be implemented to actually start production.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-20, 00:21   #16654
Tonyrobinson

I wonder exactly what stage this film was even at.

Backstage mentioned casting and that it was going to film soon, Alicia says she's in training and the film was in prep, Ben seemingly knows where it's location filming is and the storyboards are done which means scripting must atleast be in a somewhat advanced stage or atleast enough to start shaping things but still says it's in early stages.

They've spoke about how they'll combat filming during restrictions so I assume they planned to shoot in the foreseeable future but we alsi know Ben intends to finish Rebecca off and film another small feature in July. Some of his previous low budget flicks have been shot in two weeks so might be okay time wise in that regard. Covid-19 really just put everything into limbo.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 30-05-20 at 00:32.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-20, 13:58   #16655
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I wonder exactly what stage this film was even at.

Backstage mentioned casting and that it was going to film soon, Alicia says she's in training and the film was in prep, Ben seemingly knows where it's location filming is and the storyboards are done which means scripting must atleast be in a somewhat advanced stage or atleast enough to start shaping things but still says it's in early stages.

They've spoke about how they'll combat filming during restrictions so I assume they planned to shoot in the foreseeable future but we alsi know Ben intends to finish Rebecca off and film another small feature in July. Some of his previous low budget flicks have been shot in two weeks so might be okay time wise in that regard. Covid-19 really just put everything into limbo.
I personally think it was just COVID ruining every schedule out there. We know from the Q&A that Ben is still working on Rebecca because mandatory lockdown slowed post-production on that movie quite a bit.

I can also easily see that Ben was perhaps contractually mandated to shoot that small flick first, which might have explained the first Tomb Raider production "delay" from April to Summer (which from what we know from interviews, was still part of the planned schedule), but lockdown prevented him to shoot the small movie during April/May, so he now has to shoot that in July, which further delays Tomb Raider.

On the other end, I can see pre-production being in a state of everything plot/direction being set on stage, ready to start casting roles. I also see MGM really liking Ben's vision for the movie, considering they haven't replace him, since right now he seems to be the only one with schedule conflicts. That, or their contract with him doesn't allow MGM to find a new director, of course. Either way, I think they might be on a stage of waiting for Ben to be free so they can start shooting.

Now, when that is, is up to anyone's guess. But now I am thinking production to start perhaps in September really (which to be fair, it is still summer 2021 for most of that month )
Old 30-05-20, 16:19   #16656
Rai

Honestly though, it seems clear that TR2 is delayed, If only by a few months. I just would prefer it if MGM confirmed something. Unless they haven't decided yet what the best date would be. Hopefully Soon™.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 11:15   #16657
jackoimina

Came back here to check on any news on TR movies. I miss TR games AND movies but the strangest thing is first Lara Croft that came to my mind was the Alicia version hahaha

Maybe they should just transfer her into the game
jackoimina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 12:34   #16658
Portugalraider

Movie productions are starting up again in the UK, but we know Ben still has a low budget movie to shoot in July before Tomb Raider 2 (unless that movie IS Tomb Raider 2, although most probably not), so we have to wait for that I guess.

We do have confirmation from Backstage that casting will start soon, perhaps it has started already. Maybe we will start having some news about that in the nearby future.

Now, I wonder what the new release date will be, since it definitely won't be March 2021 now. There's no way they can have the movie ready by then...
Old 04-06-20, 15:08   #16659
Tonyrobinson

The thing is with Ben's low budget stuff that can be put on hold too if TR2 is a priority because most of his low budget UK films are produced by his own outlet. I'd say Autumn is more likely gonna be what they're aiming for because that's the earliest date I can see likely that insurance policies will start to update and guidelines will be a lot looser.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 04-06-20 at 15:09.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 20:03   #16660
jajay119

Currently rewatching the first reboot movie and I really enjoy Alicia's Lara. I think it really goes to show scripting and certain takes make a lot of difference.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote