www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 08-05-20, 07:04   #51
Caesum
Tomb Raider

You may say a lot about Pierre but let's be honest his milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 09:49   #52
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
larson has the intellect of a rock. pierre has the intellect of a coyote
More like Pierre has the IQ of a three month infant whereas Larson has the IQ of a three month fetus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
Rumour says their first date was over milkshake
Good one. Although, they probably think that milkshake is where you shake a bottle of plain old milk which has no added flavours or ingredients.
Old 08-05-20, 11:16   #53
LateRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
Rumour says their first date was over milkshake
yaaas king you get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
I've never interpreted that cutscene in this way. If it was true, then they their hearts would be occupied, LateRaider
oh absolutely. i still love them tho. i prefer them together tbh
Old 09-05-20, 05:50   #54
Girafarig32
Professor

TRC holds a special place in my heart. I actually just got done replaying through this a week ago. Also I'm curious about Pierre and Larson being a couple. I never thought of them that way before. What's your rationale?

I completely get how some people thought the Rome section was lackluster. The first level was essentially run around, find a key, pull some levers. The next two levels are a lot better with more puzzles, boss fights, timed runs to add more excitement. I think overall the atmosphere is very beautiful in these levels. A lot of people also criticize Larson and Pierre's involvement. They did screw up a lot of things as far as timeline goes. But in my opinion, they added some comic relief to the adventures in TR4 and before. I enjoyed their lines a lot, actually. I think the suspense is still there, with the gate set to explode if another stone isn't placed, and the gargoyle statues along with other sub-bosses after Lara.

Russia was a bit repetitive, but the beautiful and unique "deep sea dive". If only it were a longer level. I also love how the section open with an AMV accompanied by music that is later re-orchestrated and included in TRAoD. Lara is especially badass kicking the pulp out of those mafioso.

Ireland was my least favorite section. I was never a big fan of young Lara levels, Fr. Patrick was pretty useless to Lara, and there were a lot of obscure reference I never understood (i.e. the hanging man, the weird ghost in Labyrinth, bone dust music??). But I think the atmosphere was really well done for what its intentions were. The puzzles also were emphasized in this section. The demon Vladimir was pretty cool, too. He was terrifying and humorous all at once.

VCI is honestly really, really broken. Luckily, this is assuaged by the puzzles that force you to act quick on your feet, the inclusion of stealth, and the overall high-tech atmosphere. I think this made for a thrilling challenge for players if they can overlook the many bugs.

TLDR; While a lot was recycled from TR4, TRC brought some really cool things to the table. This was the first game that had many light moments (in fact, each section had them!), and in my opinion they were tasteful and didn't corrupt the formula of a good Tomb Raider game. We get a taste of Lara in different stages of her life. There were some neat puzzles and environments to explore. Some mechanics were borrow from TR4 that worked, while others were polished or added altogether (i.e. rope swinging was fixed a bit, inclusion of summersault crawling, headshots, etc...) And objectively it served its purpose as a bit of entertainment to keep gamers engaged while waiting eagerly for TRAoD. cries a bit inside

Last edited by Girafarig32; 09-05-20 at 05:52.
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 10:18   #55
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
TRC holds a special place in my heart. I actually just got done replaying through this a week ago. Also I'm curious about Pierre and Larson being a couple. I never thought of them that way before. What's your rationale?
I can't say that I've ever got the impression that Pierre and Larson were a couple. I've always thought of them as being friends with each other and/or workmates; in TR1 they were both working for Natla weren't they?
Old 09-05-20, 16:35   #56
LateRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
Also I'm curious about Pierre and Larson being a couple. I never thought of them that way before. What's your rationale?
so i know it's really stupid but i thought it was so cute that pierre offers to buy larson a milkshake. i got to thinking about the idea of them being together and thought it was too cute. plus, their arguments on the roof and before pierre crashes the car both seem like lover's quarrels to me.

some of voxsound's art really drove the idea home

(source: voxsound)

i think they could really work well together. together they have 3/4 of the intellect of a normal human male and they could combine their skills to work as an effective team.

Last edited by LateRaider; 10-05-20 at 22:29.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 05:14   #57
Girafarig32
Professor

Well that is a very cute pairing as a headcanon, I'll admit.
Old 10-05-20, 18:47   #58
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
This is sooo cute!
Old 10-05-20, 18:50   #59
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
This is sooo cute!
A love affair between Pierre and Larson? What's next? A love affair between Winston and Von Croy?
Old 10-05-20, 19:08   #60
ashka
Archaeologist

Quote:
so i know it's really stupid but i thought it was so cute that pierre offers to buy larson a milkshake. i got to thinking about the idea of them being together and thought it was too cute. plus, their arguments on the roof and before pierre crashes the car both seem like lover's quarrels to me.

some of voxsound's art really drove the idea home

i think they could really work well together. together they have 3/4 of the intellect of a normal human male and they could combine their skills to work as an effective team.
Can we share this on The Dark Angel's page (with credit obvs)! this is amazing!