Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Technical Support

Old 12-08-21, 14:30   #1
Greenapple968

Default Google Chrome Notifications Are Saying That My PC Has Been Hacked And Has Viruses

When I went onto the internet using Google Chrome, I had endless notifications from Google Chrome popping up and saying that my computer has been hacked and contains viruses. I didn't click onto the pop ups as I'm aware that pop ups like these can often be viruses themselves, or virus protection softwares trying to scare you into buying virus protection. I checked my computer settings and ran some scans and everything appeared to be in order; no viruses were detected and there was no mention of my computer being hacked or anything like that. The notifications from Chrome kept popping up, until I disabled notifications from Chrome as it ended up getting on my nerves. I'm just wondering if my computer is safe and what the deal with all the pop ups was?
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-21, 20:45   #2
ANoDE
Golden

Usually the popups alone don't do any harm. You probably clicked 'allow' when a web page asked you if they could show notifications and now it spams you. It should be possible to remove the notification permission in your Chrome's setting on a per-page basis.

It's nonetheless a good idea to check the PC for malware and viruses - just to be on the safe side.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote