www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 08-12-18, 12:55   #31
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
What do you mean? Tomee said he thought Shadow was set in 2016. TR'13 was set in 2013.
Yes, but in-game there are tombstones in the graveyard in Cozumel which date 2018, so Shadow had to have taken place in 2018, no matter what.

He's suggesting that instead; what if TReboot took place canonically in 2016. That way she can still be 21 in TReboot and 23 in Shadow. It would also mean her birthday isn't 1992, but 1994, which would iron out the inconsistency of Richard's death in 2003 and Lara being 9 years old at the time.

I actually like this idea, it's just a little messy how we the fans are the ones trying to retcon their inconsistencies.
Old 08-12-18, 13:31   #32
Ellioft
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Yes, but in-game there are tombstones in the graveyard in Cozumel which date 2018, so Shadow had to have taken place in 2018, no matter what.

He's suggesting that instead; what if TReboot took place canonically in 2016. That way she can still be 21 in TReboot and 23 in Shadow. It would also mean her birthday isn't 1992, but 1994, which would iron out the inconsistency of Richard's death in 2003 and Lara being 9 years old at the time.

I actually like this idea, it's just a little messy how we the fans are the ones trying to retcon their inconsistencies.

I like that idea buuuut Rise take place in 2015... it's on the magazine Anna bring to Lara.
Old 08-12-18, 15:50   #33
Athukraz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I like that idea buuuut Rise take place in 2015... it's on the magazine Anna bring to Lara.
Which also happens to be November 10 I believe, which is the release date of the game.
Old 08-12-18, 16:03   #34
Portugalraider
Professor

Can I say I just love how a thread about music just turned into a deep timeline and lore discussion?
Old 08-12-18, 17:57   #35
Robwood
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I tried getting a screenshot of it, but the scene moves too quickly. The brief glance at the top of the page I was able to get didn't show me a date.

EDIT: I watched a video walk through and confirmed the date.

With that, I'm through going down this path. I stopped looking at all the little details because of the "Batman: Arkham" series and I'm not too anxious to do it again. Since they don't care, then neither do I.

Last edited by Robwood; 08-12-18 at 18:06.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 19:59   #36
RodneyMac12
Historian

I was disappointed when the music wasn't louder during the flood portion. If you watch the river scene in TR 2013, I always reference this but the music really brought out the intensity and made the experience fun. I felt that many parts in Shadow were under intensified due to the low music volume.
Old 09-12-18, 03:09   #37
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

It has the best soundtrack I've heard in a TR probably since Legend tbh. It's so atmospheric and I love the instrumentals. I think the way they've used sound and music in this game is magical and I love it. It's rare I hear that in games these days, where they rely so much on realistic visuals that they forget to craft atmosphere using sound too.
Old 09-12-18, 08:26   #38
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

This isn't music but anyone else get SOOOO ANNOYED by the priest guys in Paititi that ramble incoherently and super fast? There's a section in the upper part of the city where you can hear 2 of them at once and one is a few seconds behind the other and it gets on my nerves after 2 seconds...

MACHINTO MACHINTO MACHINTO QUALLY QUALLY QUALLY kill me...

At least subtitle him so we will know what the hell he is going on about!

Also I always giggle when lara runs into people and they call her a witch haha
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-18, 14:17   #39
Robwood
Historian

I agree with you on the guy but disagree with you on the people, mainly because their sole reason for spawning is to get in your way just so they can complain about you.