Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 17-06-19, 17:15   #121
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
Oh my.

How far into the game is that? Unless it lets you later on, one of my main gripes about the game is lack of being about to customize his outfits. RDR2 really spoiled me in that regard.
I can't tell you time wise but I'd say about half, or just over half. Throughout this month they're adding new updates to the game including playing as the other characters. So I'm hoping in the future we'll be able to change Deacons outfits as he has a couple of variations so far throughout the campaign. It surely won't be hard to implement if we can play as this model in a portion of the game already.

But lord almighty I was drooling. I thought the Spiderman undies outfit was good, but that looks like a waxed doll compared to Deacon. He looks goooood.

Last edited by Tombraider95; 17-06-19 at 17:17.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 17:36   #122
Quebsenuef

I have a friend who just got the shirtless Deacon outfit and he wouldn’t stop sending me pics of it. I think he’s gay. Not sure yet.

In any event, the main character looks like my cousins fiancé. Only if Deacon was more into more emo heavy metal music.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 08:11   #123
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I have a friend who just got the shirtless Deacon outfit and he wouldn’t stop sending me pics of it. I think he’s gay. Not sure yet.
not that I'm blaming or complaining but people are thirsty lol
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 12:12   #124
Jill Lover

I've heard that they will be adding outfits for Deacon next month. Is that true?
Jill Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 12:17   #125
Tombraider95

Quote:

In any event, the main character looks like my cousins fiancé. Only if Deacon was more into more emo heavy metal music.
Your friend sounds great, I think you should give him one of your Crash statues for being an awesome friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Lover View Post
I've heard that they will be adding outfits for Deacon next month. Is that true?
They're releasing the other characters skins to play in, but I haven't heard more outfits as Deacon. I really hope so.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 12:21   #126
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Your friend sounds great, I think you should give him one of your Crash statues for being an awesome friend.

Anyway, I’ve not played this game. I heard it’s got some glitches but they must’ve been fixed by now, right?
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 02:44   #127
Tommy123

Quote:

Anyway, I’ve not played this game. I heard it’s got some glitches but they must’ve been fixed by now, right?
A majority of the issues reviewers experienced with their early copies got patched day 1. I played about 30 hours and I only experienced one bug.
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-19, 09:33   #128
Mani_Man

Im having more fun as i progress, the more the game unlocks and opens up the better it seems to get.

One cool thing is that you really feel like you can take on the Hordes etc with every level up, with every new gear you unlock and stuff.
Its always nice when gameplay wise you feel the character become more capable.

I have encountered a few strange glitches like when i did a "drift" on a normal street without anything in my way, the bike suddenly crashed and threw me off.
Had to fight off a dozen of freakers and repair the bike, but currently im having enough scrap and stuff so that it isnt a big problem.
Its a bit annoying but unfortunate accidents happen.

A few slowdowns were there too sadly and once the game "paused" for 30 seconds, but overall it runs well.

The one glitch that happens often that i benefit from is that the AI tends to ignore me or just dont do anything.
That helps, sadly that doesnt happen with the Hordes.

The writing stays a bit clumsy so far, here and there it has its moments but most of the time it has a akward feeling to it and tends to act like i know already 100% what happened in the Days gone world.
That is one part i do like however, it feels a bit more natural.
You dont have the characters point out what in that world is common knowledge, it gives the player the chance to put the puzzle together on their own more.

A bit annoyed how slow you gain camp trust all around, it keeps you from getting better guns...i get along with those i have but still, a few of the other ones would be cool.
I also would have liked it if we wouldnt have been forced to the weapon loadout.
Instead of a pistol i would have like to take the shotgun with me, or a second rifle or sniper while still keeping the crossbow...but it is what it is.

To sum it up, im still having a lot of fun.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-19, 15:59   #129
DragonSlayer

Quote:

The only two glitches I got were both during my first playthrough, the first happened while I was clearing out an ambush camp in the Belknap region I was in the middle of shooting some bad guys when suddenly the game glitched and Deacon was five or six hundred feet above the ground.

The second glitch happened while I was crossing the bridge to Iron Mike's camp when suddenly Deacon's bike exploded, my first thought was that a sniper had gotten a lucky shot but there was no sign of a laser sight before the bike exploded.

That second glitch annoyed me as I had killed 30 or 40 freakers to count towards the best enemies to death with a melee weapon trophy and had to do it all again.

I had a weird dream last night that freakers invaded my neighborhood and one of them infected me by scratching me but I was alright I had Max's rewind power from Life is Strange to undo the scratch.

Which brings me to my next question how was the freaker virus contracted? Was it through a bite or a scratch or through a creature spitting infected blood on someone like in 28 Days Later, or was it airborne like the Krippin virus in I Am Legend with only a select few immune to the airborne virus like Will Smith's character and his dog who wasn't immune to the contract strain of the virus.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-19, 12:46   #130
Mani_Man

The game continues to be enjoyable despite it flaws and now im really invested in the story.
That despite its clunky writing says a lot good.

Its a bit sad to see that the writing cant hold up to what it could be, but its still pretty nice.
The story wants so much more than it can handle, often a lot of the stuff falls flat and less emotional than it could/should be.
Add to that the lack of cinematic presentation of core scenes and stuff, its a bit sad.

I think that so far is my biggest complain about the game...and that is actually good.
Because the rest of the game is well done.

Im having real fun fighting hordes, not because its difficult or so...its the feeling.
Luring 40 or so to a point and then unleash hell on them, see the xp fall and the bodies pile up is a really good feeling.

And i have to appreciate that the game doesnt force you to explore every inch of the world, after AC odyssey im glad that outside of a few simple side missions, the game doesnt have too much going on in the open world.

One thing i want to praise are the characters.
They are overall really enjoyable and feel unique.
Even the smaller ones dont look generic and feel organic, which helps sell the world.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote