www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 15-06-19, 11:14   #191
vasatomb
Hobbyist

Image= 2, 2, IF_PRELOAD+IF_PLAY_AUDIO_TRACK+IF_LOOP_AUDIO_TRACK , IGNORE, 108, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE
Customize= CUST_BACKGROUND, BKGDT_INVENTORY, IGNORE, IGNORE, 2

this is too not bad.
vasatomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-19, 17:40   #192
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Hello, I'm having a "problem" here...
I've scripted my game so the selected items play animations just like the original games...
However, it seems to make some movements by default that is not necessary since I have the animation:

(this is the position it gets after being selected)

How do I disable this movement with scripting? Thanks

EDIT: I seem to only make the animation play after the motion was finished, but I don't see how can I disable the motion..

EDIT2: I have found another problem.
I'm using the animated inventory guns from TR2. The uzi and the pistols seem to work, but when I use the automatic pistols one in the sixhooter slot, it seems to be invisible for some reason (both as a pickup in the map and in the inventory, however you can see the item when you pick it up on the side of the screen). I tried putting the TR4 revolver back and it showed up again. Maybe this slot doesn't support the animated double pistols? idk... is there a fix?

Last edited by SrDanielPonces; 20-07-19 at 19:05.
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-19, 11:56   #193
TokyoSU
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
I'm using the animated inventory guns from TR2. The uzi and the pistols seem to work, but when I use the automatic pistols one in the sixhooter slot, it seems to be invisible for some reason (both as a pickup in the map and in the inventory, however you can see the item when you pick it up on the side of the screen). I tried putting the TR4 revolver back and it showed up again. Maybe this slot doesn't support the animated double pistols? idk... is there a fix?
in CUST_CINV_ITEM_MODEL, in MeshMask, write 1+2 and normally it would work :x
- it's simple by default ClassicInventory will draw only the mesh 0 but with TR1-TR3, the mesh 0 is a null transparent object :')
with 1+2 you will replace the mesh 0 with mesh 1 and mesh 2 that will draw all mesh of the object and ignore the transparent mesh.
if you have 3 mesh, you will need to write like this: 1+2+3

Last edited by TokyoSU; 21-07-19 at 12:05.
TokyoSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-19, 14:01   #194
JMN
Explorer

Quote:
Hello, I'm having a "problem" here...
I've scripted my game so the selected items play animations just like the original games...
However, it seems to make some movements by default that is not necessary since I have the animation:

https://i.imgur.com/Ana3zuc.png
(this is the position it gets after being selected)

How do I disable this movement with scripting? Thanks

EDIT: I seem to only make the animation play after the motion was finished, but I don't see how can I disable the motion..
Use CUST_CINV_ITEM_DISPLAY to remove the default positions and orientations.

I recommend enabling CUST_CINV_DEBUG to check and adjust the current values (press ROLL while in the inventory).

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSU View Post
in CUST_CINV_ITEM_MODEL, in MeshMask, write 1+2 and normally it would work :x
- it's simple by default ClassicInventory will draw only the mesh 0 but with TR1-TR3, the mesh 0 is a null transparent object :')
with 1+2 you will replace the mesh 0 with mesh 1 and mesh 2 that will draw all mesh of the object and ignore the transparent mesh.
if you have 3 mesh, you will need to write like this: 1+2+3
Yes, and the reason for that is because the stock revolver holder+lasersight+torch meshes are not drawn by the game in the map and inventory (unless combined).

To show the correct meshes, you need to turn on the corresponding mesh bits. Mesh 0 = bit 1, mesh 1 = bit 2, mesh 2 = bit 4, mesh 3 = bit 8, etc.

Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_MODEL, CINV_ITEM_REVOLVER, CINV_MODEL_IDLE, SIXSHOOTER_ITEM, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 2+4

Reason why it's shown properly in the pickup notifier is due to all meshes being drawn, but this is also a known problem (you will see the holder+lasersight+torch when picking up the stock revolver).

But! With or without the plugin, this won't work for the pickups in the map. You would need to use two different slots, one with only one mesh to be used in the map and another with multiple meshes to be animated in the inventory.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-19, 14:01   #195
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Thank you! It now appears on the inventory, but not as a pickup... and for some reason I can't have two scripts at the same time... (one for the inventory and another for the pickup)... but I'm happy for now!

About the issue with the motion/spin...
I found out that CUST_CINV_ITEM_DISPLAY has a "spin" section where if you disable, the spin should not happen:

Quote:
Spin (CINV_TRUE/FALSE) field
----------------------------
Set to false to disable the spinning when the item is selected.

Type IGNORE to use default value (true).

Note: Only working with type CINV_DISPLAY_IDLE.
However that does not seem to work!

I even tried the example that was given in the reference tab:

Quote:
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_DISPLAY, CINV_ITEM_COMPASS,CINV_DISPLAY_IDLE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, CINV_FALSE, IGNORE
But the compass still peforms the spin when selected... is this a bug?

EDIT: Oops, I didn't see you replied by the time I wrote this post. The issue with the revolver then seems to be clarified. However, the Item display one does not seem to be working still as I've said. I've typed ignore in everything but the spin section because if I'm correct I don't need to change the coordinates, or am I wrong?

Last edited by SrDanielPonces; 21-07-19 at 14:07.
Old 21-07-19, 14:34   #196
JMN
Explorer

Quote:
Thank you! It now appears on the inventory, but not as a pickup... and for some reason I can't have two scripts at the same time... (one for the inventory and another for the pickup)... but I'm happy for now!
Sure you can:

Code:
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_MODEL, CINV_ITEM_REVOLVER,>
	CINV_MODEL_IDLE, SIXSHOOTER_ITEM, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 2+4,>
	CINV_MODEL_PICKUP, SIXSHOOTER_ITEM, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE
Code:
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_DISPLAY, CINV_ITEM_REVOLVER,>
	CINV_DISPLAY_IDLE, 0, 0, 0, IGNORE, 0, 0, 0, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE,>
	CINV_DISPLAY_PICKUP, IGNORE, 100, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE
Pickup not showing in the map is not related to the plugin.

Quote:
About the issue with the motion/spin...
I found out that CUST_CINV_ITEM_DISPLAY has a "spin" section where if you disable, the spin should not happen:

However that does not seem to work!

I even tried the example that was given in the reference tab:

Code:
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_DISPLAY, CINV_ITEM_COMPASS,CINV_DISPLAY_IDLE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, CINV_FALSE, IGNORE
But the compass still peforms the spin when selected... is this a bug?
Works for me. Are you referencing the correct item?
Old 21-07-19, 14:37   #197
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

I have made it for all the guns (so they don't move when selected):

Quote:
Customize=CUST_CINV_ITEM_DISPLAY, CINV_ITEM_PISTOLS, CINV_DISPLAY_IDLE, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, CINV_FALSE, -1
Customize=CUST_CINV_ITEM_DISPLAY, CINV_ITEM_SHOTGUN, CINV_DISPLAY_IDLE, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, CINV_FALSE, -1
Customize=CUST_CINV_ITEM_DISPLAY, CINV_ITEM_UZI, CINV_DISPLAY_IDLE, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, CINV_FALSE, -1
Customize=CUST_CINV_ITEM_DISPLAY, CINV_ITEM_REVOLVER, CINV_DISPLAY_IDLE, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, CINV_FALSE, -1
but it still moves when I select the pistols (or any of the guns) like in the image i've sent..

edit:

Last edited by SrDanielPonces; 21-07-19 at 14:43.
Old 21-07-19, 14:41   #198
JMN
Explorer

IGNORE, aka -1, means use default value. To remove, set to 0 instead.
Old 21-07-19, 14:48   #199
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
IGNORE, aka -1, means use default value. To remove, set to 0 instead.
Umm, but I do want to use the default value for everything except for the spin... changing it or anything else to 0 does not seem to remove the spin
Old 21-07-19, 14:52   #200
JMN
Explorer

I'm confused. What do you mean by spin? The continual spin while the item is selected or the wrong orientation when activated and showing the action menu?

If the latter, use debug mode to change the orientation and get the correct values.