Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 18-09-19, 13:18   #5691
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster View Post
Ghost: Teases a cool DLC after consistently releases tons of stuff he has datamined for years now.
Sora: *doesn't know how to datamine* It doesn't exist because I don't like his attitude and because me and lots of other people think there's nothing to be datamined.

I love it.
I do know how, and that wasn’t what I said and it also wasn’t the point I made.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 13:49   #5692
Ms.LaraCroft

So, did anyone who works on the game ever talk about the 8th slot being confirmed or anything?

Last edited by Ms.LaraCroft; 18-09-19 at 13:53.
Ms.LaraCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 13:53   #5693
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.LaraCroft View Post
So, did anyone who works on the game ever talk about the 8th slot being confirmed or anything?
Yes. I think so. Unless I’ve gotten the sequence of events wrong.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 14:21   #5694
Vaskito

Not really.

A new outfit was teased, and a small hint at "Lara going home both figuratively and…", and that was about it, which it doesn't directly suggests a complete new DLC would be coming, as this kind of stuff could be patched in - it was never specifically stated 'another DLC is coming' - we only know it with certainty because of datamining, and steamdb updates
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 14:29   #5695
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Not really.

A new outfit was teased, and a small hint at "Lara going home both figuratively and…", and that was about it, which it doesn't directly suggests a complete new DLC would be coming, as this kind of stuff could be patched in - it was never specifically stated 'another DLC is coming' - we only know it with certainty because of datamining, and steamdb updates
It's crazy thinking about how long ago that was. That was when they first showed us pics of the classic costume. With Morrigan's teasing and the "Coming Soon" placement, I figured the wait would be 2 months, at most.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 14:38   #5696
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
It's crazy thinking about how long ago that was. That was when they first showed us pics of the classic costume. With Morrigan's teasing and the "Coming Soon" placement, I figured the wait would be 2 months, at most.
I miss those months. They went by so fast.
I'm so glad they did the DLCs to keep us entertained for a while after the game launch
Old 18-09-19, 15:07   #5697
Athukraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I miss those months. They went by so fast.
I'm so glad they did the DLCs to keep us entertained for a while after the game launch
Yeah it makes the wait for the new game feel shorter
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 15:10   #5698
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
Yeah it makes the wait for the new game feel shorter
Yea! Maybe they should've made every two months, instead of every month? IDK

This is why I'm not against expansions/DLCs, as long as it doesn't take from the main games.
Old 18-09-19, 16:23   #5699
mandylane

read this article i found

While chatting with USGamer, a representative of Eidos Montreal has expressed pleasure with the performance of last year's Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the third title Lara Croft's adventure series since she made her grand return in 2013.

Speaking at PAX, Shadow of the Tomb Raider producer Jonathan Dahan noted that the team were pleased with both the game's appraisal and its sales. "We're super happy with how (Shadow of the Tomb Raider) turned out, both on the critic's side and performance," said Dahan. "That's why we continued producing DLC, because we're excited about how it went."

"We've had to learn to work with multiple studios, and we've come to have a very good relationship with Crystal Dynamics," Dahan continued. "Hopefully that's something we're going to continue doing because it brings a very nice feel to the games to have people with different experiences and backgrounds working on the game."

When asked about further sequels, Dahan had no news, although did note that he would be "very surprised" if we didn't see Lara grab her trusty climbing axe for another wall-crawling, chasm-leaping, skull-axing adventure in the future.

hope it helps..
mandylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 16:36   #5700
Rai

A link would be nice. Though it has been posted before. Also, it probably would have been better in the general shadow thread or in the future section.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote