www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-19, 09:36   #41
Opaque79
Archaeologist
 
Opaque79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,177
Default

Seems like a few players weren't keen on the hidden openings. I tried to give a decent hint but it seems it wasn't enough. Opinions?
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 15:51   #42
Stryke
Hobbyist
 
Stryke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 40
Default

I hope this is not the only thing you took away from your reviews.
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 17:58   #43
Opaque79
Archaeologist
 
Opaque79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,177
Default

No. It just bothered me a little
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 18:33   #44
Teone
Student
 
Teone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaque79 View Post
Seems like a few players weren't keen on the hidden openings. I tried to give a decent hint but it seems it wasn't enough. Opinions?
That screen-hint reminds me a Chinese proverb: When the finger points to the moon, the fool looks at the finger.
I can't blame who didn't look at the finger.
Teone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 19:47   #45
JMN
Explorer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 505
Default

Even though the hint made it clear, the fact that you had to pass through seemingly solid walls broke the immersion. Something like a curtain or vines would've been more acceptable.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 22:12   #46
Stryke
Hobbyist
 
Stryke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 40
Default

I agree with JMN. I reviewed your level. I didn't take any marks off because of it. But I mean, going through a brick doesn't make sense. I thought other things were wrong with your level. I honestly don't think that should bother you. It was a nice puzzle.

Last edited by Stryke; 13-10-19 at 00:09.
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-19, 09:52   #47
Mulf
Archaeologist
 
Mulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 1,178
Default

Question for the author:

I've played this level and its predecessor in the combined form you've posted in this thread as The Dino Stone. I found that the first level ("Dino Caves") has a couple of issues that the other one doesn't suffer from. The most obvious is the draw distance problem, as half of the valley proper kept disappearing from view. There are also several severe sound issues: the compsognathus making something like belching noises when they die, and the tyrannosaur retaining its Seth 'powering up' sound.
The first of these could be explained as the result of forgetting to add a line in the script for the integrated version, but this does not apply to the second one. Were they present in the stand-alone version as well, or were they introduced in the new one posted here?

P. S. The readme claims the tyrannosaur has been 'fixed', but it's actually the same old version that thinks it's attacking when it's just standing there roaring, and goes down after one or two shotgun blasts. That's in addition to the sound issues it has. How to explain this discrepancy?

Last edited by Mulf; 23-10-19 at 10:00.
Mulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-19, 10:37   #48
Opaque79
Archaeologist
 
Opaque79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulf View Post
Question for the author:

I've played this level and its predecessor in the combined form you've posted in this thread as The Dino Stone. I found that the first level ("Dino Caves") has a couple of issues that the other one doesn't suffer from. The most obvious is the draw distance problem, as half of the valley proper kept disappearing from view. There are also several severe sound issues: the compsognathus making something like belching noises when they die, and the tyrannosaur retaining its Seth 'powering up' sound.
The first of these could be explained as the result of forgetting to add a line in the script for the integrated version, but this does not apply to the second one. Were they present in the stand-alone version as well, or were they introduced in the new one posted here?

P. S. The readme claims the tyrannosaur has been 'fixed', but it's actually the same old version that thinks it's attacking when it's just standing there roaring, and goes down after one or two shotgun blasts. That's in addition to the sound issues it has. How to explain this discrepancy?
It was the same T-Rex used in Jurassic Jungle which was fixed so I don't actually know what happened.
I forgot to add the draw distance script to the combined package so there was no issue in the stand-alone version.

I may remove this package if there are severe issues.
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-19, 15:07   #49
Mulf
Archaeologist
 
Mulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 1,178
Default

Thanks for your reply. Will take a look at the stand-alone release then to see how it compares. Wouldn't want to distort the review scores, now would we?
Mulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-19, 16:29   #50
Opaque79
Archaeologist
 
Opaque79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulf View Post
Thanks for your reply. Will take a look at the stand-alone release then to see how it compares. Wouldn't want to distort the review scores, now would we?
Ahh, didn't think of that. I removed the complete package earlier
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.