www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 22-10-19, 01:04   #7781
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I agree, not to mention our own community manager voting in that favorite tomb poll for DLC 8 on top of them telling us that a classic outfit was coming and even telling us it was one from a fan mock up. I still remember them even saying, "We've got a lot of good stuff coming for y'all". And it was again where they said that this reimagined outfit was cut from DLC7 because it still needed finishing touches.

We've know long before anything was leaked about DLC8 and it's possibility of being Croft Manor.

This is all on them.
Yeah I swear I remember LaughingTrendy literally saying (before the release of A Path Home) that there’s an extra outfit in the works and that it’s close to a fan-art thing posted and that there’s something extra.

Did this happen or am I drinking petrol again? Haha
Old 22-10-19, 01:10   #7782
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Yeah I swear I remember LaughingTrendy literally saying (before the release of A Path Home) that there’s an extra outfit in the works and that it’s close to a fan-art thing posted and that there’s something extra.

It happened, I remember those posts too. We could easily google them to find them again.

It absurd to believe that stuff within that self contained section is to blame for this entire thing.

E3 everyone was hoping for a reveal on the coming soon slot, gamescom everyone was still waiting for a reveal on the coming soon slot. And now we also know that Kotaku and many other gaming sites had constantly reached out to them asking about the slot with not a single word from them.

Now when they finally announce it they still don't even reveal all of the details? Like, how can their PR department be this dysfunctional? I get their team has thinned out due to other projects like avengers, but how is it that difficult to write a few words in a tweet?

It's not like I'm asking for day to day operations or asking them to spill their dirty secrets, I just want some word about it as I'm sure everyone else here does too.

EDIT

Tea time.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Saw this on Twitter, and I am SNATCHED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingTrendy View Post
I cited multiple instances of fan outfit mockups when originally starting up conversations about Tactical Adventurer Teal.

A good indication (I feel) that we're well on track with the next outfit was when I saw a fan mockup that was very similar to the design we created.

Community feedback is a core force for driving what I do both professionally and by my own philosophy in game development.

Oof...........

Quote:
The 3rd outfit for completing the DLC is neat, but my real favorite is still cooking.
And I Oop....

Quote:
So to speak. You'll see once it's done cooking. Give it some time.
EDIT

This next one I can't quote since it's in that other section, but here again

"Now that being said, "The Path Home" was the first instance of me starting to get my hands on development more with creating the Teal Outfit. There will be more to enjoy." -LaughingTrendy

Last edited by charmedangelin; 22-10-19 at 01:23.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 01:30   #7783
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
It happened, I remember those posts too. We could easily google them to find them again.

It absurd to believe that stuff within that self contained section is to blame for this entire thing.

E3 everyone was hoping for a reveal on the coming soon slot, gamescom everyone was still waiting for a reveal on the coming soon slot. And now we also know that Kotaku and many other gaming sites had constantly reached out to them asking about the slot with not a single word from them.

Now when they finally announce it they still don't even reveal all of the details? Like, how can their PR department be this dysfunctional? I get their team has thinned out due to other projects like avengers, but how is it that difficult to write a few words in a tweet?

It's not like I'm asking for day to day operations or asking them to spill their dirty secrets, I just want some word about it as I'm sure everyone else here does too.

EDIT

Tea time.......

Oof...........

And I Oop....

EDIT

This next one I can't quote since it's in that other section, but here again

"Now that being said, "The Path Home" was the first instance of me starting to get my hands on development more with creating the Teal Outfit. There will be more to enjoy." -LaughingTrendy
Wow! Awesome work finding that Charmed, thanks! ^.^
This is partially why I don’t blame her at all for the silence. I think she’s been told to stop dropping hints and communicating with us, which is a real shame.

No one who is that involved and talkative doesn’t just all of a sudden go quiet for no reason.
Old 22-10-19, 01:34   #7784
Lyle Croft
Relic Hunter

But ugh i need croft manor

Last edited by Lyle Croft; 22-10-19 at 13:49.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 01:36   #7785
Grimaldi
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
BUT UGH I NEED CROFT MANOR
Put this on my tombstone, please and thanks.
Old 22-10-19, 01:39   #7786
Jeff_aod
Student

Quote:
Yeah I swear I remember LaughingTrendy literally saying (before the release of A Path Home) that thereís an extra outfit in the works and that itís close to a fan-art thing posted and that thereís something extra.

I also remember someone on Twitter or here, replied her something like this when people were disappointed about DLC7 is not Croft Manor:

"Ah!! I get it! This is not the home! This is the PATH Home."
Jeff_aod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 05:15   #7787
Heartache
Professor

it was her job to be talkative and drop hints, now it's her job to ignore us. she is and was just doing what she was told to do.

if she likes what she is doing or not has nothing to do with the above, before anyone tries to come for me.

Last edited by Heartache; 22-10-19 at 06:06. Reason: typo
Heartache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 05:27   #7788
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartache View Post
it was her job to be talkative and drop hints, now it's her job to ignore us. she is and was just doing what she was told to do.

if she likes what she is doing or not has nothing to do with the above, bevore anyone tries to come for me.
Yes exactly that’s my point. That’s why I said I don’t blame her at all.
Old 22-10-19, 05:45   #7789
Jamise_Croft
Explorer

I just can't with this, they didn't say anything but the leaks are there, I don't know what to believe
https://twitter.com/AlexsTRBlog/stat...249857536?s=19
Old 22-10-19, 05:46   #7790
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Yes exactly that’s my point. That’s why I said I don’t blame her at all.
Exactly the point isn't to shame her at all, the point is to show that Sqeenix/CD/EM hyped the hell out of this DLC before anything was ever data mined. So it's false to assume that data mining is responsible for the situation we have now since we've know about this for months with or without data mining.

Now the issue rests squarely on Sqeenix/CD/EM and right now imo they aren't doing a very good job of handling the situation at all.

Same thing as my statement in the other thread, I'm not telling Morrigan how to do her job, I don't have job experience in her field and don't know the inner workings of what it really takes to do her job. My point in that as well was to just show how Sqeenix/CD/EM could make or at least approve of a statement to be made about the situation. They are the ones that calls all the shots not Morrigan.

Edit

I just realized we are exactly two weeks away from the games release. Lord that first week was rough, I really hope we get some details about it today.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 22-10-19 at 05:50.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote