www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 16-09-19, 14:11   #21
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post

I don't mind if they keep the games dramatic still, but I wouldn't mind if they go to a lighter side of Lara, and the adventures, like in the comics. The possibility is endless, and this was only the end of the beginning.

I'm expecting some sort of soft-reboot gameplay wise. In regards to Lara, I just hope they won't take the easy way out. If they want to make her more spunky, snarky, etc. I hope they do it in a way that makes sense to the character, instead of making a personality transplant, and whoring her out. I'm positive they won't resort to this
Old 16-09-19, 14:37   #22
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I agree.

I don't mind if they keep the games dramatic still, but I wouldn't mind if they go to a lighter side of Lara, and the adventures, like in the comics. The possibility is endless, and this was only the end of the beginning.

I'm expecting some sort of soft-reboot gameplay wise. In regards to Lara, I just hope they won't take the easy way out. If they want to make her more spunky, snarky, etc. I hope they do it in a way that makes sense to the character, instead of making a personality transplant, and whoring her out. I'm positive they won't resort to this
They don't need to: reboot Lara is already like that in the comics, yet it never feels out of character.
Hell, some of my favourite parts from the Inferno arc are Lara's interactions with Nadija, and some of them are comedic gold (like: "if this is just going to kill me, I'd rather take the axe")
Old 16-09-19, 14:40   #23
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Reboot Movie Lara is like 90% classic and 10% Reboot though. Besides the outfit, the use of axe and bow she is as far from reboot Lara as Classic Lara. ReMovie Lara has an edge and a personality that is mostly absent in the reboot, and she takes **** from absolutely no one, and has that sarcastic and dry humor along with extreme confidence that made Classic Lara such a charismatic character.
Vikander's Lara acts like Reboot Lara from the comics. Reboot Lara in the comics has a lot more classic traits, while also keeping the more relatable direction.
Old 16-09-19, 14:44   #24
biscuits
Professor

Vikander Lara and Comic Book Reboot Lara are one and the same if you ask me. The games take themselves super seriously, leaving almost no chance for Lara to display her fun side.
Old 16-09-19, 14:50   #25
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

I actually think Vikander's Lara is still closer to CL than reboot comic Lara I dunno, I feel like she has more spunk and a more of a rebellious attitude than her comic counterpart.

Buuuuut, Comic Reboot Lara is still much better than the game version for sure. She is more acrobatic, witty and fun in them, it'd be nice for the games to take inspiration from them.
Old 16-09-19, 15:57   #26
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
The reboot was a commercial and critical success. People here like to pretend otherwise.
Fixed.
Old 16-09-19, 16:11   #27
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
Fixed.
RotTR was also a success, especially critically. And even with all the exclusivity fiasco, it still sold pretty well, and it is still selling very well when on sale (which for a 4 year old game is a really good sign).

And even if SotTR wasn't as well received as the other two (both critically and sales-wise), it is still way too far from the flop some here seem to think it is. Reviews are still very much positive, and it reached 4, 4.5 M copies shipped after 4 months, not including digital downloads. Those are numbers of a game that is selling quite well, even if it could have been selling better.
Old 16-09-19, 16:22   #28
biscuits
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
Fixed.
Rise is also a success tho, even after the exclusivity deal. I assume that you're telling me the games grew less successful as they went on, which I agree with.
Old 17-09-19, 10:12   #29
laracroftonline
Student

I just hope they change reboots character traits a bit for the next installment. Give her more of the og lara traits. Maybe modernize that hair a bit to a style most women actually have. And bring a bit more happiness into the games and less of the seriousness. I almost got depressed playing the reboot style games. At least the alpaca petting was a bit light hearted.
laracroftonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 14:00   #30
killchan
Explorer

Looking forward to... nothing, really.

I'm more curious to see what they're gonna do with the second movie.
The good news is that, while the games had to baby the players in order to prevent ragequits, movies aren't interactive so they can make Lara do whatever they want her to do.
Of course they need to drop the reboot storyline and replace it with something clever, since there's no gameplay here so they can't get away with a terrible plot.