www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 02-10-22, 14:24   #4571
biscuits
Relic Hunter

The only reason Crystal brought back Jonah for the sequels is because he's the only character that fans didn't completely hate in the first reboot game. He was the safest option even though Sam was established as Lara's best friend and supporter. Nobody thought much of him because they were too busy hating the rest of the Endurance crew.

Also my second unpopular opinion is that I liked the Endurance crew and really enjoyed them. I also ended up liking them more because of the Dark Horse comics.

And my third unpopular opinion is that Dark Horse Lara, as written by Pratchett and Gail Simone is my favorite version of the Lara Croft character.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 18:58   #4572
PallasAthene
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
And my third unpopular opinion is that Dark Horse Lara, as written by Pratchett and Gail Simone is my favorite version of the Lara Croft character.
I liked her too, actually. Her personality was a good mix of reboot and classic characteristics. I could actually see her growing into a classic-type Lara.
Old 05-10-22, 21:38   #4573
xdesperado_
Archaeologist

Legend & Anniversary’s Croft Manor are the perfect versions of the manor level.

Exploring the manor for secrets, and acquiring all the artefacts is fun. While at the same time both versions gave a very cozy, warm feeling from the background music in both games.

TR3’s version is a close second though.

Last edited by xdesperado_; 05-10-22 at 21:42.
xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-22, 13:38   #4574
PallasAthene
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdesperado_ View Post
Legend & Anniversary’s Croft Manor are the perfect versions of the manor level.

Exploring the manor for secrets, and acquiring all the artefacts is fun. While at the same time both versions gave a very cozy, warm feeling from the background music in both games.

TR3’s version is a close second though.
I love the manor in Legend and Anniversary but it's a shame that the gardens weren't explorable (the tiny outdoor bit in Anniversary doesn't really count). If they had been exlporable then that version of the manor would have been close to perfect.

I've always loved the TR Manor levels. Having Lara's peaceful base to start in always made the adventure of the main game feel more exciting.
Old 08-10-22, 07:45   #4575
Raider8
Archaeologist

Yeah. It's a shame we couldn't get a playable full manor in Underworld. I just wonder how cool the gymnasium upgrades would've been considering how rich it was previously in Legend and how much Lara does in Underworld in terms of movements and traversal.
Old 09-10-22, 23:33   #4576
Mr. Mr.
Hobbyist

Tomb Raider Legend is the best of the post-Core games, and if the rest had been like that, I wouldn't have complained.
Mr. Mr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 10:56   #4577
Jamise_Croft
Archaeologist

Talking about the manor... ROTTR has the best manor design wise and storywise, the whole vibes it's amazing and atmospheric
Old 13-10-22, 15:41   #4578
Raider8
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamise_Croft View Post
Talking about the manor... ROTTR has the best manor design wise and storywise, the whole vibes it's amazing and atmospheric
Yeah instantly fell in love with it. The reboot manor is really beautiful and highly detailed. Blood ties was just a horrifying experience but once she got her **** right, I bet that Manor would've looked amazing. Just imagine how cool it would have looked in shadow. Ahh I wanted that so bad. Everytime I make her wear the croft fitness I just get mad what a good level we were deprived of and what a slap on the fandom it was in the name of Definitive edition.
Old 24-11-22, 10:25   #4579
jeffrey van oort
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Most folks definitely won't agree with that, not even critics. Tomb Raider by Angelina is regarded as the best video game adaptation so far. Nobody has come close to making a movie based on a video game like Tomb Raider had.
I think that Dead or Alive is a very good film inspired by a video game about...... almost nude beach volleybal. (Story?) The movie is really awesome, there is a story.

It does seem to be a returning theme. Nudity in videogames, combined with artificial intelligence of some sort, and a time trial of sorts to get farther. I think that I've just coined everything. Why bother making more?

Because there is a whole new generation with questions about these occurrences they've maybe never seen yet.
Old 24-11-22, 20:44   #4580
HarleyCroft
Professor

Jeff, can you help me solve a problem? I need to read the numbers and letters in this box but my eyes are too bad

Unpopular TR opinion:
Having a creative work that was a surprise smash-hit then being forced to make a new game every year while simultaneously being derided for the lack of originality/quality and ultimately having the rights taken away sounds like a nightmare. I can't believe that kind of possession of intellectual property can result in people being treated so badly.