Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 24-09-22, 04:40   #2131
HarleyCroft

Angel of Darkness is being a bitch to install on my PC (never change, AoD ) and in my Googling for solutions I found out it has an entry in the Crappy Games Wiki, who's existence is also news to me
https://crappygames.miraheze.org/wik...el_of_Darkness

Also kind of a stupid question but Disk 1 has to be in when I'm starting a fresh game, right?
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-22, 06:01   #2132
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
Also kind of a stupid question but Disk 1 has to be in when I'm starting a fresh game, right?
No disks are required, it installs every needed file to your PC and there are no disk checks. Also, check pcgamingwiki for solutions to issues you may come across (mainly, VMR9 will most likely need enabling).

Last edited by reborninshadow; 24-09-22 at 06:03.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-22, 16:48   #2133
HarleyCroft

^thanks for the tips I will not let AoD beat me, I am it's master instead
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-22, 13:09   #2134
NSFAGENT

i cant take screenshots in game im using steam i tried using a patch but it didn't work im about to give up on it working lol.
NSFAGENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-22, 13:33   #2135
Chamayoo

I didn't thought about this before, but the riddle in Vasiley's appartment is quite odd. Y'know the one that revolves around the number 3. When you have to pull the chain 3 times, the clockwork is open and you have to change the time to 3 o'clock.
How could Lara know about it ? We, as player, are aware thanks to the camera showing the "III" on the floor. I thought the way all of this is conceived was quite weird.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-22, 14:12   #2136
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
I didn't thought about this before, but the riddle in Vasiley's appartment is quite odd. Y'know the one that revolves around the number 3. When you have to pull the chain 3 times, the clockwork is open and you have to change the time to 3 o'clock.
How could Lara know about it ? We, as player, are aware thanks to the camera showing the "III" on the floor. I thought the way all of this is conceived was quite weird.
There is supposed to be a light beam effect coming from the window, hitting the III and making it glow but there are all sorts of weirdness going on here and it doesn't really work properly on any version of the game. The light beam only appears briefly on retail PS2 and then disappears once you finish pulling the chain. On retail PC it doesn't show up at all.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-22, 14:37   #2137
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
There is supposed to be a light beam effect coming from the window, hitting the III and making it glow but there are all sorts of weirdness going on here and it doesn't really work properly on any version of the game. The light beam only appears briefly on retail PS2 and then disappears once you finish pulling the chain. On retail PC it doesn't show up at all.
Ooooh I didn't know that at all, makes sense ! I've never played the PS2 version. Thank you !

Last edited by Chamayoo; 21-11-22 at 14:39.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-23, 08:21   #2138
Zsott

I can't stress enough how much I hate speedruns, but still I gave a look for this vid. (it popped up in my recommandations).

I have to say, this video just reassures my hate towards speedrunning (especially the save abuse, not just in this vid) but it's amazing how many places are there to jump a level or two...
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-23, 15:26   #2139
Mokono

I'm not that fond of speed-running either (it didn't help that the only speed-runner i had the displeasure to meet was smug and rude.

It was an interesting watch, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
^thanks for the tips I will not let AoD beat me, I am it's master instead
Vanilla AoD becomes harder to install with every new iteration of Windows (i get the infamous music and sfx come up, but no picture). I've been playing with the Restoration Project fixes applied and everything has worked out pretty well. I'm even looking forward to play the DE once its finalised (i've been spoiling myself a little though).
Mokono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-23, 01:11   #2140
Ligufaca

Recorded some beta animation from the game.

There were some other cool things, but I think I captured the most interesting ones. I absolutely hate using Maya haha, so this is the best I got. I tried to export some of the animations to Blender but some of the bones get messed up, and I have no idea how to fix that.

The most interesting to me is the Gunderson animations, there's some more basic animations like turn around, walk etc, and the last time some of these animations were edited were in march 2003, so not too far from the release. Makes me wonder if they planned a chase scene in Louvre with Gunderson or something?

Last edited by Ligufaca; 08-01-23 at 01:27.
Ligufaca is offline   Reply With Quote