Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 01-04-20, 14:48   #6251
rewak

This rumor is about a month old. The source is a post from an anonymous on Pastebin;

Quote:
Mar 4th, 2020 Tonight between 10PM and Midnight (est) Microsoft will finalize the purchase of the entire gaming catalogue from Konami. The deal they've been working towards is so expensive for Microsoft that it will single handed fund a new manufacturing facility Konami has been wanting build to focus on new R&D for gambling devices. Microsoft will have to keep paying royalties back to Konami on all games that Konami originally released, including future remasters. Only new games, made from the ground up, will be fully profitable for Microsoft. Konami will also retain the rights to create new gambling hardware based on any previously adult (M-rated) themed game they've released. In the deal Microsoft will be able to select a team from potential layoff employees after the sale to help found a studio in Chou City. Konami will allow for the current "Xbox Games Studios Tokyo" as a satellite office for 12-18 months on the second floor of their current headquarters in Chou City while Microsoft finalizes their plans to move to, or construct, their own studio space.
Extremely unlikely. The part about royalties gets me, so MS buys the rights to all the IP's Konami ever made but still has to pay Konami everytime an old game gets re-sold, but new games are all profit to MS? That's not how that works.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 15:31   #6252
dg1995

It amazes me how much MGS and SH fanboys dream that a console manufacturor will buy Konami or the ips that they have.(Especially those crazy Resetera guys.)

Let's get real Sony,Microsoft and Nintendo do not give any ****s about it. Similar to the way none of them cared about acquiring Onimusha, Dino Crisis , Parasite Eve, Ninja Gaiden , Chrono Trigger , Lost Planet , Dead Space , Splinter Cell , Prince Of Persia, Virtua Fighter , Shining Force and other dead ips.(Most of them are more valuable than Silent Hill)

So stop dreaming that they will buy Silent Hill or MGS.(Specially not with this that Konami is in a very good financial situation.)
dg1995 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 18:16   #6253
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
It amazes me how much MGS and SH fanboys dream that a console manufacturor will buy Konami or the ips that they have.(Especially those crazy Resetera guys.)

Let's get real Sony,Microsoft and Nintendo do not give any ****s about it. Similar to the way none of them cared about acquiring Onimusha, Dino Crisis , Parasite Eve, Ninja Gaiden , Chrono Trigger , Lost Planet , Dead Space , Splinter Cell , Prince Of Persia, Virtua Fighter , Shining Force and other dead ips.(Most of them are more valuable than Silent Hill)

So stop dreaming that they will buy Silent Hill or MGS.(Specially not with this that Konami is in a very good financial situation.)
Yes, fans of series would like opportunities to have new entries. It trully is shocking front page news. The key difference with any of your other examples is their publishers are actively still working on games. Konami, as far as we know are not, it wouldn't be too out there to think they would allow publishing rights to another company as long as they got to use the IPs too. Like I said, Microsoft has a habit of buying up publishing rights. I don't think it's too unrealsitic. It's not the most feasible option though.

Last edited by jajay119; 01-04-20 at 18:18.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 19:22   #6254
dg1995

Who said that Konami does not work on games anymore ?

Just because those aren't games on your eyes(PES , Mobile games , low budget console games, some japan exclusive arcade games and some secret projects) does not mean they aren't making any games at all.

Also those ips that I mentioned are no different than SH ip.
They are dead ips that their publishers have stopped working on them to focus on other projects that make them more money.
dg1995 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-20, 21:15   #6255
lance6439

I've always wanted to play games like Silent Hill and Resident Evil as a child but never did because my Mother, at the time, was a crazy christian woman. Think I might actually buy SH3 because it appeals the most to me and I've been watching long-plays on Youtube and this game looks beyond amazing and fun. Only down side is that I'm a huge sissy and I will get scared. I'll need an unlimited ammaos cheat or something first. For some reason RE3 is really expensive on Ebay but I'll get it for PC first and then download mods. But a part of me really insists on playing SH1+2 first
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-20, 22:10   #6256
GabrielCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
I've always wanted to play games like Silent Hill and Resident Evil as a child but never did because my Mother, at the time, was a crazy christian woman. Think I might actually buy SH3 because it appeals the most to me and I've been watching long-plays on Youtube and this game looks beyond amazing and fun. Only down side is that I'm a huge sissy and I will get scared. I'll need an unlimited ammaos cheat or something first. For some reason RE3 is really expensive on Ebay but I'll get it for PC first and then download mods. But a part of me really insists on playing SH1+2 first
Silent Hill 3 will always be my favorite of the series. I love Heather, the story and the places you visit. But yeah, it's scary, so get ready
GabrielCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-20, 13:29   #6257
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielCroft View Post
Silent Hill 3 will always be my favorite of the series. I love Heather, the story and the places you visit. But yeah, it's scary, so get ready
For us Heather lovers.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-20, 03:29   #6258
Kidd Bowyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Think I might actually buy SH3 because it appeals the most to me...But a part of me really insists on playing SH1+2 first
If it helps, the series has kind of an anthology-esque structure. 1+3 are connected, but in a way that doesn't require a full playthrough of the first game (hell, it's kind of explained reasonably well in a single cutscene). 2 and 4 are standalone, as are the rest of 'em, but most fans'll agree that Origins, Homecoming and Downpour don't quite hit the same level of atmosphere as the stuff Team Silent did.
Kidd Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-20, 12:20   #6259
dcw123

Funny how SH3's ps2 models can still hold up today when placed into a modern game..
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-20, 14:25   #6260
jajay119

The latest rumour, from Metro, reporting on AestheticGamer's newest posts, is that a new Silent Hill game is in a state where a demo is available and they're waiting to show it off. Reports state it is a soft reboot so new fans can jump in after the series being dormant and off kilter for so long. It also states that it is not Silent hills which likely wont happen, is a PS5 exclusive but Sony are not looking to acquire the IPs as previously reported and original designer Mashiro Ito is back on board, with other Siren and Gravity falls devs, with Akira Yaomoka is back on board to score the game.

I think there have been far too many consistently rumours now to deny something is likely coming. The timing of konami waiting to unveil would be feasible if is a PS5 exclusive and they're waiting for that reveal too.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote