Quote:
Originally Posted by georgekgr View Post
Wicked.
Old 04-01-13, 16:41   #1003
Sir Croft
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Lara View Post
Lay off?!?! What exactly does he need to lay off?! He's telling people not to base their opinions on someone else's and to draw their own conclusions?!

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but it's not a valid opinion when you base it on what someone has said who hasn't played the game!

Think people need to lay off Jay if anything!
Most of our opinions are based on what previews say and most previews for Tomb Raider weren't hands-on, which means they are, in essence, paraphrasing. Are those opinions not valid either? Why is he not telling people with positive opinions about the summary that their opinions are invalid because of the source?
The same happens with other negative opinions, throughout this whole year I've seen Jay having more concern than the usual about people posting their dislikes and not in a good "I understand your criticism" way.
For any other immature member this is expected, but from a known Square Enix employee who hasn't done this in the past, this is kinda bad. This just adds to the general behaviour around here that negative opinions are shunned as invalid because people haven't played the game and positive opinions are put on a pedestal, even though they haven't played the game either.

Last edited by Sir Croft; 04-01-13 at 16:44.
Sir Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-13, 17:08   #1004
miss.haggard
Darth Laney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Croft View Post
Most of our opinions are based on what previews say and most previews for Tomb Raider weren't hands-on, which means they are, in essence, paraphrasing. Are those opinions not valid either? Why is he not telling people with positive opinions about the summary that their opinions are invalid because of the source?
The same happens with other negative opinions, throughout this whole year I've seen Jay having more concern than the usual about people posting their dislikes and not in a good "I understand your criticism" way.
For any other immature member this is expected, but from a known Square Enix employee who hasn't done this in the past, this is kinda bad. This just adds to the general behaviour around here that negative opinions are shunned as invalid because people haven't played the game and positive opinions are put on a pedestal, even though they haven't played the game either.
A-****ing-men.
Old 04-01-13, 18:27   #1005
Underhoe
Relic Hunter

Quote:
This just adds to the general behaviour around here that negative opinions are shunned as invalid because people haven't played the game and positive opinions are put on a pedestal, even though they haven't played the game either.
I'd love to have this as my signature, but it's too long. Very well said though.
Underhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-13, 19:13   #1006
Tommy123
Tomb Raider

Miss Haggard you're like famous now
Old 04-01-13, 19:42   #1007
BinRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy123 View Post
Miss Haggard you're like famous now
Remembered for those famous words: "Here's a summary for you, bitches."
BinRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-13, 19:47   #1008
miss.haggard
Darth Laney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinRaider View Post
Remembered for those famous words: "Here's a summary for you, bitches."
I plan to have it on my tombstone.
Old 04-01-13, 21:29   #1009
Hairhelmet12

Quote:
I couldn't have said it any better, bravo.
Hairhelmet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-13, 22:29   #1010
Alex West
Explorer

Quote:
Well said. I haven't been posting on here much recently but I have been keeping an eye on the goings on and I think you have summarised things very well.
Alex West is offline   Reply With Quote