Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 02-02-24, 12:32   #11
JsotoTRSaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterwinter View Post
Did he actually come to this forum? That's kind of nuts. Do you mean this thread? https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=144406

In terms of Underworld - perhaps it was the team. In my opinion they just needed more time. Having them release a game yearly likely put lots of pressure on them. 2 years wasn't enough time to develop a game with the scope that Underworld had.
Yes that was the crazy thread. I knew I had read it before several times.

No sympathy from me though, his "answers" we already knew.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-24, 01:00   #12
bitterwinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Yes that was the crazy thread. I knew I had read it before several times.

No sympathy from me though, his "answers" we already knew.
What's the deal with him then? It seems like a few people on the forum don't like him. Why?
bitterwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-24, 04:27   #13
Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterwinter View Post
What's the deal with him then? It seems like a few people on the forum don't like him. Why?
Just seemed like he was bitter he got fired and then came here to whine about Eidos and his bosses; I mean everyone knew that they are awful and care about money, but your job was to create a good game, not riddled with bugs and content that is still locked behind an exclusivity deal, he himself has said he was in the room the decision for extra content was made; and now years later, Lara still jumps like a squirrel, game is hella bugged, and I had to pay 20 dollars for this game and 10 dollars each for DLC Content episodes for a game that is made in 2009 to be played on an Xbox in 2024. Decisions, choices were made, he did an awful job, and he got let go, Lara had to reboot again, and now again, and now we are getting Classic remasters

Sorry for the rant lol
Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-24, 11:26   #14
Chamayoo

I remember him to be honest and interesting ? However I did read the first pages only.
Chamayoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-24, 03:10   #15
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
Just seemed like he was bitter he got fired and then came here to whine about Eidos and his bosses; I mean everyone knew that they are awful and care about money, but your job was to create a good game, not riddled with bugs and content that is still locked behind an exclusivity deal, he himself has said he was in the room the decision for extra content was made; and now years later, Lara still jumps like a squirrel, game is hella bugged, and I had to pay 20 dollars for this game and 10 dollars each for DLC Content episodes for a game that is made in 2009 to be played on an Xbox in 2024. Decisions, choices were made, he did an awful job, and he got let go, Lara had to reboot again, and now again, and now we are getting Classic remasters

Sorry for the rant lol
He wasn't bitter at all, and he has taken all his time to answers fans questions and theories about Underworld. Do you think creating a game is that simple ? Do you know about devellopment cycles ? Crunch etc ? Underworld is a lot of things but I don't think it's fait to say he did an awful job.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-24, 10:00   #16
.snake.

It seems to me that Tomb Raider is always under some type of curse every time the series tries to go into darker territory, with its title and its subject matter. Every one of these games either flops or causes the franchise to stall and need to re-think itself:

Angel of Darkness

Tomb Raider Underworld

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Personally, I love the franchise trying to explore Lara's shadow-side and underworldly environments and mythologies. But it really does seem as if the series is under some kind of jinx and tolls its own death knell every time it departs from the light and tries to explore the dark.
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-24, 13:05   #17
omerocoti

Underworld had a lot of potential for a PS3 game, but Lara jumping like a monkey was extremely superficial and the game looks very generic.

I'm sad about this, but the game itself is beautiful
omerocoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-24, 01:31   #18
bitterwinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
He wasn't bitter at all, and he has taken all his time to answers fans questions and theories about Underworld. Do you think creating a game is that simple ? Do you know about devellopment cycles ? Crunch etc ? Underworld is a lot of things but I don't think it's fait to say he did an awful job.
I have to agree with this. I havenít seen any evidence of him being bitter? Quite the contrary in fact that even though he was laid off he still answered fans questions out of his own personal time when he was also looking for a new job.
bitterwinter is offline   Reply With Quote