Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 21-02-24, 20:59   #41
[Xmas]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
The MOST concerning thing is that you can do minor adjustments to fricking Angelina Jolie, Jessica Alba or Megan Fox and they would come out the oven looking like a man as well.
Minor adjustments and putting a full-on beard on someone are two different things though. Even then, Bayonetta still somehow manages to look like Bayonetta albeit in a disguise as a man lol. As for the AoD Lara image, more had been done to it like completely changing her eyes and making her eyebrows more bushy. The edited image from the tweet didn't need to change Lara this much, or put a stubble on her face.

This reminds me of that Charmed episode where Prue is turned into man, only it's still very clearly Shannen Doherty in man drag (2:00).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Several people rightfully pointed this out on twitter, but floodgates were already open and it was near universally decided that Crystal intentionally made her 'unfeminine'. CLEARLY... Nobody cared you could do that to anyone.
So you think this was an oversight on Crystal's part? Like, oopsie, someone hacked us and leaked this when it was only made as a joke? I don't think so. I'm sure the artwork must've been approved by multiple people before the decision to put it out there into the world was made.

Last edited by [Xmas]; 21-02-24 at 21:01. Reason: Timestamp
[Xmas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-24, 21:07   #42
omerocoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Xmas] View Post
The more concerning thing here is that the tweet is right--the tweak the person made to the picture is so small yet lowering the eyebrows is enough to turn her into a full-fledged man. And I'll say this again--had this been a new character who happens to walk the line between a feminine and masculine appearance, awesome. This is the concept, can't wait to learn about that character's personality and what they have to contribute to the game/plot. But this is Lara Croft. She has never looked like that in the face, and I can understand why so many people have a problem with that. Even though Lara's appearance has been tampered with multiple times in each game, certain features were always consistent. If you take a model of Underworld Lara and compare it to AoD Lara, their faces are more similar than they are different. Starting with Rise, however, they started doing things like changing the shape of her eyes, Shadow made her lips smaller, and now she looks unrecognizable.

I'm not saying I want exaggerated big eyes back, but there's a way how to make maintain Lara's original appearance with realistic proportions and many fans have done that on this forum.
If you think about it like that, AOD Lara looks more like a man than a woman in most of the arts

I still don't understand how they approved AOD's look for Lara Croft, it looked completely unfinished, a lot of spikes on the face model, while some PS2 games at the time had more defined faces
omerocoti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-24, 22:41   #43
Mr Od

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan C. View Post
So, I don’t have any information other than the one we have come across along this 6 years. We only had one official announcement that was solely for informing they will use UE5 to create the next Tomb Raider game but they went radio silent.

Now, the website used the launch of the remasters to promote their website; a new Lara Croft was introduced with the unified version but yesterday, Crystal clarified it is not representative of the in game model.

Something tells me that the speculation leaked was partially true and that there was a focus on several other characters with a potential multiplayer or maybe like Guardians of the Galaxy game were it’s a single player but you can use the other characters for traversal, and they ditched it because of the backlash.

Now, after a majority of people praising the design (not necessarily her face) they go ahead and say it is not the final design but also that they are still not ready to share any information on the new game.

After 6 years of complete silence, it’s unlikely the game is being released this year because NOTHING has been shown. What is really going on behind backstage?

Also, I believe Embracer is THE biggest reason and I am pretty sure they saw what Crystal were doing and they requested to be changed.

What do you guys think? At this point, something tells me we won’t see the game until late 2025 (deadlines from upcoming games is mainly drawn by GTA 6 release). And I am sure that if the games does not do well, it will suppose the end of a Tomb Raider in the hands of CD.
Honestly, I don't care! Has the new UE5-TR been scrapped? I would be happy with that!

I'm just happy for the release of TR I-III Remastered, its forthcoming improvements, and a future TR IV-VI Remastered.
Mr Od is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-24, 00:58   #44
AshesBorn

Quote:
The more concerning thing here is that the tweet is right--the tweak the person made to the picture is so small yet lowering the eyebrows is enough to turn her into a full-fledged man.
Sorry, but that's no small tweak. The person modified pretty much every feature to look harsher – neck, chin, lips, nose, cheekbones, eyes, eyebrows, forehead, hair. That can be done to virtually anyone's pic...

Click for gif:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ezgif-4-c744041ac4.gif
Views:	197
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	2937

You can't seriously change the original pic so much and then be all like "We know what those studios are doing!" The poster is a massive bull****ter.

P.S. Bearded Bayo looks like Kojima

Last edited by AshesBorn; 22-02-24 at 12:12.
AshesBorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-24, 03:22   #45
egypt_gypsie

Quote:
The more concerning thing here is that the tweet is right--the tweak the person made to the picture is so small yet lowering the eyebrows is enough to turn her into a full-fledged man. And I'll say this again--had this been a new character who happens to walk the line between a feminine and masculine appearance, awesome. This is the concept, can't wait to learn about that character's personality and what they have to contribute to the game/plot. But this is Lara Croft. She has never looked like that in the face, and I can understand why so many people have a problem with that. Even though Lara's appearance has been tampered with multiple times in each game, certain features were always consistent. If you take a model of Underworld Lara and compare it to AoD Lara, their faces are more similar than they are different. Starting with Rise, however, they started doing things like changing the shape of her eyes, Shadow made her lips smaller, and now she looks unrecognizable.

I'm not saying I want exaggerated big eyes back, but there's a way how to make maintain Lara's original appearance with realistic proportions and many fans have done that on this forum.
It wouldn't be hard, as they have a more realistic Classic Lara to base her off already. Andy Park's Comic Lara is absolute perfection.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5ab449d7e281ec21d7ffbb2c89b382b8.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	2940   Click image for larger version

Name:	073420ad1171dec3d82167a01c147e64c594c00d_00.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	2941   Click image for larger version

Name:	c3da6d97277aaa6d5a64354059e07569.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	2942   Click image for larger version

Name:	ff04b42782e823985da2d05cf31d1643.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	2943  
egypt_gypsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-24, 03:28   #46
AndrewGilkison

Why don't we want the exaggerated big eyes back?
AndrewGilkison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-24, 11:47   #47
JsotoTRSaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
Why don't we want the exaggerated big eyes back?
I do. I want everything Lara back.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-24, 13:32   #48
Bashar

Quote:
Originally Posted by egypt_gypsie View Post
It wouldn't be hard, as they have a more realistic Classic Lara to base her off already. Andy Park's Comic Lara is absolute perfection.
I LOVEE this Lara so much, she was truly a remarkable beauty in earlier top cow comics. I own them, and keep them displayed in my living room.
Bashar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-24, 13:57   #49
killchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan C. View Post
What do you guys think?
I think they're just working on a really big game.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-24, 19:35   #50
tomee

Quote:
So you think this was an oversight on Crystal's part? Like, oopsie, someone hacked us and leaked this when it was only made as a joke? I don't think so. I'm sure the artwork must've been approved by multiple people before the decision to put it out there into the world was made.
No, I'm saying they never made her androgynous in the first place. That's just something spiteful fans came up with and they're physically altering the image in a pathetic attempt to somehow prove this crazy argument. Like I'm actually losing my mind. Since when is that a legit way to prove a point?

I could do the same to that yasssified AI image of Lara in your avi and then argue she looks a man based off of it. Would sound absolutely insane, wouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesBorn View Post
Sorry, but that's no small tweak. The person modified pretty much every feature to look harsher neck, chin, lips, nose, cheekbones, eyes, eyebrows, forehead, hair. That can be done to virtually anyone's pic...

Click for gif:
Attachment 2937

You can't seriously change the original pic so much and then be all like "We know what those studios are doing!" The poster is a massive bull****ter.

P.S. Bearded Bayo looks like Kojima
Wow, that's even more horrible than I thought. Hairline lowered, eyebrows lowered, eyes smaller, nose sharper, cheekbone lifted, neck widened and more defined, lips smaller. Not one thing unaffected.
tomee is online now   Reply With Quote