Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 23-01-20, 19:12   #31921
jajay119

So according to the same guy who 'leaked' that RE3make was coming sooner then expected Capcom has cancelled development on a version of RE8 that's bee on development since 2016 and restarted. It's not unlike capcom but I just hope it's not a RE3.5 to RE4 level scrapping again.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 21:45   #31922
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
So according to the same guy who 'leaked' that RE3make was coming sooner then expected Capcom has cancelled development on a version of RE8 that's bee on development since 2016 and restarted. It's not unlike capcom but I just hope it's not a RE3.5 to RE4 level scrapping again.
I hope RE8 keeps at least the tone of RE7 (regarding how terrifying it was, the less action focus...) but adds zombies. If RE7 had zombies a lot of people wouldnt complain.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 21:48   #31923
Chamayoo

Pity we would not have RE8 soon if this is true, but I kinda like the idea that a 7.5 exists and someday we'll have some screens or info about that mysterious scrapped game.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 22:06   #31924
dcw123

So bloody angry hah.. lost like 2 hours of gameplay.

Trying the S+ Hardcore run as Claire A.
I got to the Sherry section and somehow got caught. Had to restart.. think I accidentally pressed continue instead of manually loading.
Does this add any time to the final timer?

I ask coz I've been following a YT guide specifically for this run and followed it exactly.. except one quick dash for items that was like.. 5 mins tops.

On YT the guy reached the lab at 1 hour 17.
I'm still fighting Birkin stage 2 (Crane fight) and my time is somehow 1 hour 49 mins! No way thats correct.

All I can think of is the game added the extra 30/40 mins on from when I died? So stupid..
I can't be bothered to try the run again from the start
My last "proper" save was in the secret room just before the first Birkin fight..

I have RE2 on Pc also and so tempted just to hack it to get the guns unlocked.
I've completed all Hardcore runs just not with a high rank
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 22:32   #31925
Gothlegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
Yeah, Carlos's RE3 remake classic outfit looks fugly and very unfaithful.
It's so rough that I genuinely could not tell why they put some random NPC in this ad with Jill until I realized.. They did classic Carlos dirty
Gothlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 23:17   #31926
ESCachuli

Please, lets not pretend classic Carlos was a design marvel. I mean, yeah, they could have done him more faithful, but who the hell cares.

He looks way hotter in the remake design tbh.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 23:29   #31927
Lord Lulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
Oh honey, the game takes place 20 years ago, and take global warming into consideration. In 20 years in October, you'll be hotter than your granny's armpits on 4th of July!
The best records I could find show that temperatures were relatively similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
Please, lets not pretend classic Carlos was a design marvel. I mean, yeah, they could have done him more faithful, but who the hell cares.

He looks way hotter in the remake design tbh.
I still care. He looks better in the original.
Lord Lulu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-20, 00:12   #31928
redfox45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
So bloody angry hah.. lost like 2 hours of gameplay.

Trying the S+ Hardcore run as Claire A.
I got to the Sherry section and somehow got caught. Had to restart.. think I accidentally pressed continue instead of manually loading.
oh NO I felt that as I read it.

The S+ sounds SO stressful. The fact that it is so heavily graded by time taken makes no sense to me.
Things like exceptional accuracy and ammo/health used are much clearer indications of how well a player has performed.
Like for example a points system similar to older games where you get a big lead on points if you defeat Birkin by nailing every shot in his eye when the oppertunity presents itself.

Last edited by redfox45; 24-01-20 at 00:15.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-20, 10:53   #31929
Jill Lover

My only complaint about Jill's outfit is that she looks like Claire, it's practically the same...
Jill Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-20, 12:48   #31930
DragonSlayer

I've pre-ordered the collectors edition, who else here is getting it.

No way in hell was I going to let that slip through my fingers which is what almost happened with the RE2 collectors edition I managed to get it because I just happened to be there when someone cancelled one of the two collectors editions that they had ordered.

I saw someone on Facebook complaining because the soundtrack isn't on vinyl, I think it's a good thing that the soundtrack isn't on vinyl because not everyone is into vinyl, I've always preferred CD'S over vinyl which is why I didn't like it when the soundtrack for Life is Strange 2 was vinyl only.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote