www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 18-09-19, 18:59   #111
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Wouldn't it be exciting if they did something based in England? Completely left field and had an original story not something we were expecting or anything linked to the games about ancient Arthurian legends or something. Lara searching for the Holy Grail or Excalibur (without the Amelia).
Old 18-09-19, 19:30   #112
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I like the idea. England have a lot of potential. Best levels of Legend was in England... I prefer a whole movie in England if they have a smaller budget before a more ambitious movie with bad FX and fake stuff... The myths of Arturo and the Holy Grail are great!

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 18-09-19 at 19:31.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 19:50   #113
TrustyBow
Professor

As far as location/myth goes, I really don't know what to expect from Jump and Wheatley. I can see them doing a relatively unknown myth or a more common myth (In which case they'd probably show their indie chops by taking it in a black comedy direction).
Old 18-09-19, 19:54   #114
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
As far as location/myth goes, I really don't know what to expect from Jump and Wheatley. I can see them doing a relatively unknown myth or a more common myth (In which case they'd probably show their indie chops by taking it in a black comedy direction).
That was something that the reboot continuity already mostly did, so even if they go for something completely new, it would be very interesting to see them go for a mostly unknown myth.
Old 18-09-19, 20:42   #115
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
That was something that the reboot continuity already mostly did, so even if they go for something completely new, it would be very interesting to see them go for a mostly unknown myth.
Yeah I was always impressed by how the reboot explored relatively unknown myths. Kitezh takes the cake, for me. I feel like their were probably only 2 people in the world that knew about that.
Old 19-09-19, 08:55   #116
ccroft2003
Archaeologist

I think they'll stick to a storyline involving Ana, however, I think they'll change her driving factor from the games, it wouldn't make sense otherwise following the 1st movie.

For me, I think a mix of England, an icy/cold location and ending in a jungle would be perfect. They need to mix up the visuals which is what the 2001 AJ movie did very well (England, Venice, Siberia and Cambodia) but they failed in the last movie while being stuck on a visually boring island for 80% of the film.

I can imagine a large icy cavern with a galleon ship as a visual nod to Rise. Very easy to achieve with CG.
Old 19-09-19, 09:18   #117
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I've been reading interviews with Ben Wheatley and he hates the CGI. He loves practical effects (in fact, he likes Terminator 1 over Terminator 2 just because 2 has more CGI) and he also loves Chinese action movies where everything is physical fighting and shooting. I think we won't have much CGI ... I think we'll have a more physical and real action movie like the last one Mission Impossible, John Wick or James Bond. I think the action scenes will be more shootings, melee fights, persecutions rather than big setpieces in temples with jumps and things like that. I also think we won't have so many countries ... Angelina's movies cost 120M. TR will not have that budget. I think it will only be England and another country.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 19-09-19 at 09:19.
Old 19-09-19, 10:03   #118
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
I've been reading interviews with Ben Wheatley and he hates the CGI. He loves practical effects (in fact, he likes Terminator 1 over Terminator 2 just because 2 has more CGI) and he also loves Chinese action movies where everything is physical fighting and shooting. I think we won't have much CGI ... I think we'll have a more physical and real action movie like the last one Mission Impossible, John Wick or James Bond. I think the action scenes will be more shootings, melee fights, persecutions rather than big setpieces in temples with jumps and things like that. I also think we won't have so many countries ... Angelina's movies cost 120M. TR will not have that budget. I think it will only be England and another country.
Interesting but you forget Ben was supposed to shoot a movie featuring Alicia and big monsters in CGI.
Old 19-09-19, 10:41   #119
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
All the films you’ve listed use heaps of CGI. The artists just did such a good job that you actually had no idea it was there.
Old 19-09-19, 14:21   #120
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Of course they have CGI! All movies currently have CGI ... But I mean they are movies that opt for artisan effects in most of their footage.

Quote:
Interesting but you forget Ben was supposed to shoot a movie featuring Alicia and big monsters in CGI.
They could use prosthesis or animatronic. It was not clear what he was going to do were just "people hunting monsters" there are many ways to make monsters ...