www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 23-09-19, 10:37   #151
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I was looking for this picture thanks a lot
you are welcome

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 23-09-19 at 10:39.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 14:09   #152
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

https://hnentertainment.co/free-fire...tomb-raider-2/

We’re also hearing that filming is said to be taking place at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden in Watford, England, but will also have multiple secondary/exterior filming locations given the character’s globetrotting adventures.

I don't know how true this website is.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 14:15   #153
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

The more you look at who's joining the film the more you really see a horror'esque Tomb Raider film coming together which is maybe what it should have been all along - I mean in pop culture for general audiences who played the game as a kid, fear is an adjective that reoccurs which is why many just played in her manor.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 15:02   #154
AimlessThunder
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Getting some rather exceptional Tomb Raider vibes from this piece by Clint Mansell for Ben's film High Rise. I imagine this is what a modern TR game could sound like with McCree or Peter Connelly still on board. From 2.00 onward especially it would not sound out of place in the classics. It reminds me of some of the Greek tracks from TR1.

Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
The more you look at who's joining the film the more you really see a horror'esque Tomb Raider film coming together which is maybe what it should have been all along - I mean in pop culture for general audiences who played the game as a kid, fear is an adjective that reoccurs which is why many just played in her manor.
Yeah. They should have added more horror. Their first attempt was pretty good though.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 15:12   #155
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Btw, at least according to Wikipedia, the first movie also had scenes shot in that WB studio, so it doesn't say much about the production either.

Other than WB does seem to be somehow involved in the project, contrary to some recent reports.
Old 23-09-19, 16:01   #156
ccroft2003
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Btw, at least according to Wikipedia, the first movie also had scenes shot in that WB studio, so it doesn't say much about the production either.

Other than WB does seem to be somehow involved in the project, contrary to some recent reports.
A lot of the 1st movie was shot at the Leaveston studios, including the scene where Lara washes up on the beach!
Old 23-09-19, 16:13   #157
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

A Tomb Raider horror movie would work very well. You could even loosely describe the classic games at horror.
Old 23-09-19, 16:18   #158
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

I mean, I would love the sequel to take a darker route, my only gripe is that I wish it was darker / more horror themed the first time round. I feel it would have really grabbed an audience and distinguished a clear difference between the new vision and the AJ movies. When TR2013 was all new and sparkling the more violent and gritty tone seemed like such an interesting change.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 23:07   #159
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
https://hnentertainment.co/free-fire...tomb-raider-2/

We’re also hearing that filming is said to be taking place at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden in Watford, England, but will also have multiple secondary/exterior filming locations given the character’s globetrotting adventures.

I don't know how true this website is.
Christopher Marc is usually a pretty good source. I'm not sure about the Spring/Summer schedule though I'd say February is around right like the first film.
Old 24-09-19, 13:53   #160
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
I've always thought this would work really well for a TR movie. Horror was always something the classic games pulled off with expertise!