www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 10-01-14, 12:39   #891
Linoshi Croft
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarasFan View Post

@Zelda Master- Uncharted 2 is by far the best Uncharted game out there. There's no chance you will hate it, unless you really try to
I honestly find it really amusing whenever anyone talks about Uncharted 2. As inevitably they'll say its they're favorite and the best in the series. When I played it I had high expectations for it because of it. Honestly, I actually thought it was the worst. I don't even know why, I just found it incredibly boring. I actually managed to get through the other to but never managed 2. I think I got up to some snowy city in the mountains...can't even remember where or how far into the game it was.
Old 10-01-14, 13:28   #892
Valentino
Archaeologist

^^
I totally understand. It is one of my all time favorite games ever and it gets tremendous raves about people who haven't played it SHOULD go play it. Which I think they should but you had to have played it around the time it came out to feel what everyone else is actually truly raving about. It was one of the best experiences playing a game I had because I wasn't really much on the internet, so I didn't see people going on how much of a great game it was and I went in playing it knowing it got good reviews but still didn't know what to expect. I'm not the type of person that can get into or like even a critically acclaimed game if it came out years ago. God of War 3 for example, I just got a tiny bit bored playing it after the first battle. I got it last month and I really wanted to get into it but I can't

P.s playing the 3rd game before the 2nd game is kinda silly. You'd know they'll be certain qualities that wont be there if you play the latest one before and older one. So maybe you have yourself to blame
Was there anything you did like about it though. Did you like Chloe? The levels? Anything unexpected?

Last edited by Valentino; 10-01-14 at 13:32.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 15:37   #893
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
I honestly find it really amusing whenever anyone talks about Uncharted 2. As inevitably they'll say its they're favorite and the best in the series. When I played it I had high expectations for it because of it. Honestly, I actually thought it was the worst. I don't even know why, I just found it incredibly boring. I actually managed to get through the other to but never managed 2. I think I got up to some snowy city in the mountains...can't even remember where or how far into the game it was.
UC2 has the better story
Old 10-01-14, 18:13   #894
Dia2blo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino View Post
^^
I totally understand. It is one of my all time favorite games ever and it gets tremendous raves about people who haven't played it SHOULD go play it. Which I think they should but you had to have played it around the time it came out to feel what everyone else is actually truly raving about. It was one of the best experiences playing a game I had because I wasn't really much on the internet, so I didn't see people going on how much of a great game it was and I went in playing it knowing it got good reviews but still didn't know what to expect. I'm not the type of person that can get into or like even a critically acclaimed game if it came out years ago. God of War 3 for example, I just got a tiny bit bored playing it after the first battle. I got it last month and I really wanted to get into it but I can't

P.s playing the 3rd game before the 2nd game is kinda silly. You'd know they'll be certain qualities that wont be there if you play the latest one before and older one. So maybe you have yourself to blame
Was there anything you did like about it though. Did you like Chloe? The levels? Anything unexpected?
So you're post sort of suggests that you like the game because of hype/ timing etc. rather than based on its own merits?
Old 10-01-14, 19:40   #895
Flipsider
Explorer

Uncharted 2 is the only game in the series I played, and I honestly hated it. It's all the worst things about gaming rolled up into one package. It tries really hard to feel like an interactive Hollywood blockbuster movie and succeeds: it's a very linear and hand-holdy experience with a lot of mindless shooting, and very little in the way of thought or challenge. It features a bland story that is like a pale imitation of a Micheal Bay movie, with a throroughly unlikable douche bag as a protagonist. It has a soul crushingly awful soundtrack.

Of course, opinions are subjective. Some people seem to love Uncharted, but to me those people are aliens. I can't comprehend how anyone can like this series, unless maybe they just really love Micheal Bay style movies so much that they want to be 'in' one. Which I guess there's nothing wrong with. But to me, Uncharted 2 is pure garbage, one of the worst games of the modern era.
Flipsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 19:43   #896
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

If you hate UC2 you will hate UC3 as well because

There both have like the same events
Old 10-01-14, 20:01   #897
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipsider View Post
it's a very linear and hand-holdy experience with a lot of mindless shooting, and very little in the way of thought or challenge. It features a bland story. It has a soul crushingly awful soundtrack.
That sounds like COD to be honest.

Uncharted isn't a bad series, it's just not your type of series. I'm curious to know what game series you actually enjoy if this doesn't please you o_0
Old 10-01-14, 20:08   #898
Linoshi Croft
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
If you hate UC2 you will hate UC3 as well because...
That's a load of crap I thought UC2 was the worst and UC3 the best...So, I don't think that really works out. Plus, same events? What does that even mean..
Old 10-01-14, 20:17   #899
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
That's a load of crap I thought UC2 was the worst and UC3 the best...So, I don't think that really works out. Plus, same events? What does that even mean..
The story events are similar, someone wrote about it a while ago and I didn't realise it was the same.

Examples like that there is some sort of flashback at the beginning. Someone betrays their side for the other (flynn, charlie). Drake goes to save someone who is held hostage, Elena helps drake jump on a moving object, then there is some sort of crash which nearly kills drake, he decides to give up but then changes his mind by a character who saves him. Stuff like this.

It's not a bad thing, just things which are similar.
Old 10-01-14, 20:47   #900
Flipsider
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
That sounds like COD to be honest.
Yeah, it does doesn't it? I think Uncharted is pretty similar to CoD myself. They share a lot of the same faults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Uncharted isn't a bad series, it's just not your type of series. I'm curious to know what game series you actually enjoy if this doesn't please you o_0
Well, I like games with deep or interesting gameplay, challenge, good soundtracks, good art design, and good stories. For SBGs, I love the Persona and Shin Megami Tensei series. For fast paced action games, my favorites are Bayonetta and The Wonderful 101, and for more realistic action games Dark Souls. I also love horror games from the PS1 / PS2 era, specifically Silent Hill 1-4 and the Fatal Frame series. For story based games, my favorites are Virtue's Last Reward and Phoenix Wright. I also like weird and interesting games like Katamari Damacy and Pikmin. The best "casual" game I've played would probably be Animal Crossing.

Overall I think my favorite game of all time is probably Dark Souls, it just offers a completely unique experience that you can't get anywhere else and I love everything about it.
Flipsider is offline   Reply With Quote