www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Old 08-09-19, 20:07   #21
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
But then there's the normal Crossbow ammo which is useless except for shooting the heads off the Skeletons
Yeah but you can't knock them back/off ledges with the crossbow ammo.

I much prefer the AOD-style where Lara can knock them back/down with any weapons/melee but it simply wasn't programmed here so they had to make sure the player could always defend themsleves against the skeletons.
Old 08-09-19, 23:42   #22
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

That is true but a headless skeleton cannot harm you, saved me a ton in Custom Levels
Old 09-09-19, 09:51   #23
xtimz
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
I wonder if the shotgun when they designed it still had the 2 ammo per pickup. That's the only way I can see this being justifiable. And this is also the reason why the Uzi ammo is so low.
I just want to point out that shotgun has 6 ammo per pickup.
In total, the game has 498 shotgun normal ammo, 288 shotgun wide ammo, and 2010 Uzi ammo.
From my experience, the only use of Uzi is to kill the horseman in the Lost Library, because every single shot is equivalent for the horseman.

Edit: About the statistics,
(1) it excludes the 1 shotgun + 1 Uzi ammo in the winner route of Tomb of Semerkhet.
(2) it excludes the 1 shotgun ammo in Secret 3 of Guardian of Semerkhet, because I normally choose the Large Medipack.

Last edited by xtimz; 09-09-19 at 09:58.
xtimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 20:55   #24
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

I mean, the uzi's are still more powerful than the pistols, (same damage per shot but high fire rate)

There just isn't much ammo until it doesn't matter anymore. Most of the enemies are a joke compared to previous games, and the ones that are threatening are almost all immortal. You're still fighting dogs and basic ninja baddies in the penultimate levels, same as they were at the start of the game. And by that point you probably have tonnes of grenades to blow them up with.

In TR1, the mutants that appear in the final levels are fast, tough, and do a lot of damage, the uzi's made a huge difference when fighting them. TR2 was the same with the jade warriors, but it also gave most enemies guns, so killing quickly with the uzi's was even more useful since backflipping with pistols doesn't work. (The M-16 was actually stronger, but didn't get much ammo and every time you change movement you stop fireing)

TR3 gave the uzi's no ammo, and drowned you in MP5 ammo. And the desert eagle was ludicrously powerful; pretty sure the ammo you get from it goes farther than the uzi ammo you get in that game.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 21:29   #25
Maverin
Archaeologist

A little off topic but isn't there a 'glitch' somewhere in Alexandria that when you blow up the skeletons with explosive arrows that a new pickup appears in one of the vases? I remember reading something like that on a challenge thread..
Old 09-09-19, 21:48   #26
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzi master View Post
I mean, the uzi's are still more powerful than the pistols, (same damage per shot but high fire rate)

There just isn't much ammo until it doesn't matter anymore. Most of the enemies are a joke compared to previous games, and the ones that are threatening are almost all immortal. You're still fighting dogs and basic ninja baddies in the penultimate levels, same as they were at the start of the game. And by that point you probably have tonnes of grenades to blow them up with.

In TR1, the mutants that appear in the final levels are fast, tough, and do a lot of damage, the uzi's made a huge difference when fighting them. TR2 was the same with the jade warriors, but it also gave most enemies guns, so killing quickly with the uzi's was even more useful since backflipping with pistols doesn't work. (The M-16 was actually stronger, but didn't get much ammo and every time you change movement you stop fireing)

TR3 gave the uzi's no ammo, and drowned you in MP5 ammo. And the desert eagle was ludicrously powerful; pretty sure the ammo you get from it goes farther than the uzi ammo you get in that game.
Oh TR3 gives you plenty of uzi ammo...during India so it'll all be lost after Nevada.

Seriously the Desert Eagle does more damage than the shotgun, has more pick-ups outside of India, gets 10 shots per pick-up instead of 2 and doesn't have to worry about spread.
Old 10-09-19, 00:33   #27
xtimz
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
A little off topic but isn't there a 'glitch' somewhere in Alexandria that when you blow up the skeletons with explosive arrows that a new pickup appears in one of the vases? I remember reading something like that on a challenge thread..
Oh yes. It's not a glitch. It's as follows.

(case 1) In a level editor, if we put
(1) an item on a block, (2) and a vase on the same block,
then in the game, to get the item, we need to (1) break the vase.

(case 2) In a level editor, if we put
(1) an item on a block, (2) and an enemy on the same block,
then in the game, to get the item, we need to (1) kill the enemy, (2) and find the item where the enemy dies.

(case 3) In a level editor, if we put
(1) an item on a block, (2) a vase on the same block, (3) and an enemy on the same block,
then in the game, to get the item, we need to (1) break the vase, (2) kill the enemy, (3) and find the item where the enemy dies.

In Catacombs, there are two examples of (case 3). The enemy is skeleton, so we need to (1) break the vase, (2) blow the skeleton with explosive weapon, (3) and find the item where the skeleton dies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Oh TR3 gives you plenty of uzi ammo...during India so it'll all be lost after Nevada.

Seriously the Desert Eagle does more damage than the shotgun, has more pick-ups outside of India, gets 10 shots per pick-up instead of 2 and doesn't have to worry about spread.
The pistol has damage 1.
Shotgun may have damage 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18.
Desert Eagle has damage 21.
Desert Eagle is approximately 10 times the pistol, because pistol fires two bullets at one shot.
xtimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-19, 03:02   #28
Boobandie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtimz View Post
I just want to point out that shotgun has 6 ammo per pickup.
In total, the game has 498 shotgun normal ammo, 288 shotgun wide ammo, and 2010 Uzi ammo.
From my experience, the only use of Uzi is to kill the horseman in the Lost Library, because every single shot is equivalent for the horseman.

Edit: About the statistics,
(1) it excludes the 1 shotgun + 1 Uzi ammo in the winner route of Tomb of Semerkhet.
(2) it excludes the 1 shotgun ammo in Secret 3 of Guardian of Semerkhet, because I normally choose the Large Medipack.
I think they were wondering if the shotgun still had 2 shell pickups during development when designers were placing pickups, leading them to place more of it, before being changed to 6. Not stating that 2 shells is currently the case.

Last edited by Boobandie; 19-09-19 at 01:43.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-19, 04:41   #29
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
I think they were wondering if the shotgun still had 2 shell pickups during development when designers were placing pickups, leading them to place more of it, before being changed to 6. Not stating that 2 shells is currently the case.
Yes sorry I wasn't clear enough this is what I meant.
Old 10-09-19, 10:06   #30
Maverin
Archaeologist

Thank you very much for explaining Xtimz.