www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 24-06-16, 09:34   #2011
Nickotte
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeslaRus View Post
This time I can't push readme to github (do it later ~7 hours);
For merge requests:
* Special merge request, not for merging or with delayed time for merging must contains in name `[NOT_FOR_MERGING]` prefix; that requests may be merged only after request's autor writes comment `[CAN_BE_MERGED_NOW]`;

I know how to fix last physics bug (see TODO, climbing), so I will fix it today;
If you don't mind, I can write that in along with some bugs and fixes I'd like to add. Also, from Cochrane's feedback on Slack:

Quote:
1. Include directories for SDL. I think it should work on all platforms if we change all <SDL/SDL_something.h> to plain <SDL_something.h>, which matches the format given by SDL tutorials and works nicely here. I'll make a pull request to that effect some time tomorrow evening (24 hours from now give or take a few). Let's see whether I can convince you of that.

2. config.h for OpenAL. Having that file hardcoded defeats the purpose. In particular, all uses of malloc.h are guarded by #ifdef HAVE_MALLOC_H, which makes sense since some platforms don't. Such as OS X (malloc is defined in stdlib here). There's probably some hacked way to get this working, but I think the config data should be generated by CMake instead; that's what it's there for. I'll investigate whether that's correct.

Then there's FindConfigFile, which is something I originally created and I'm not sure it's that great an idea at all, but that's a relatively minor thing.
Oh, and does anyone know where libimage comes from? SDL2_Image provides only libSDL2_image libraries

Last edited by Nickotte; 24-06-16 at 09:38.
Nickotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-16, 10:40   #2012
TeslaRus
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickotte View Post
Oh, and does anyone know where libimage comes from? SDL2_Image provides only libSDL2_image libraries
it is SDL image lib, it should be renamed to correct SDL image lib name; SDL includes - yes, "SDL2/" part should be omitted;
It is better I update and upload TODO.md and ENGINE.md later (I add not all I want).
PS: thanks for *.md format fix - it looks better!
TeslaRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-16, 10:49   #2013
Nickotte
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeslaRus View Post
it is SDL image lib, it should be renamed to correct SDL image lib name; SDL includes - yes, "SDL2/" part should be omitted;
It is better I update and upload TODO.md and ENGINE.md later (I add not all I want).
PS: thanks for *.md format fix - it looks better!
That'd be great indeed; do I have to rename all the libs (.a, .la, .dll.a files) from "SDL2_image" to "image" or can I just change the compiler from -limage to -lSDL2_image?

And my pleasure! if you'd like anything else added or edited, I opened another pull request for addendums

Last edited by Nickotte; 24-06-16 at 12:17.
Nickotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-16, 14:18   #2014
Koldman
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
Ok so, if anyone wants to join the OpenTomb slack team you can do so by going here. It should be possible to request access if you have a Slack account.

We currently have channels for:

1. Developers.
2. QA (Testers).
3. Public (Anyone just following the project).

Feel free to join
I'm not seeing an option to request access?
Koldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-16, 16:11   #2015
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldman View Post
I'm not seeing an option to request access?
Very strange, well I had the same problem (when logged out). Someone on the Team a few days ago (can't remember who) said it's possible to request access. I guess the only way for someone to access it is via invitation. If you wish to join, drop me a PM with your email address and I'll invite ASAP.

==============

I have been working on implementing the A* Path finding algorithm into OpenTomb the past few days, here are the results. Long way to go though...

Regards
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-16, 16:37   #2016
ESCachuli
Professor

One question, as I'm quite lost here... will the "grab any ledge, climb any object/surface" feature be working? Or is it scrapped? I saw some videos of Lara climbing even a clock of her house, but IIRC you had to change the entire system because it had many glitches.
ESCachuli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-16, 17:40   #2017
TeslaRus
Student

Debug drawer helps to write new functionality =) Good to see path finder... the algorithm (not wave)?
Climbing: the functionality will be saved (allow to climb on every edge), but for entities / statics will be added flags that allows / disallows climbing (to avoid really glitched situations);
TeslaRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-16, 01:05   #2018
Lwmte
Explorer

For Ado Croft and everyone else who still can't compile and run new master from Code::Blocks!

My old way described in readme (on Github title page) still perfectly works. Just take bundled C::B project, go to Project->Build Options->Linker Settings, and manually add all libraries listed in readme.

This way perfectly works with my new setup involving only msys2 and Code::Blocks. No additional TDM-GCC or mingw-w64 installations are needed. Just install msys2, and install all needed packages from msys2 command line, as described on official installation guide page.

You need packages: SDL2, SDL2_image and lua. Everything else installs automatically, if you act according to aforementioned official guide page.

Of course, this way is only temporary, until we either repair CMake script or find another automated build solution.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-16, 05:00   #2019
llm123
Hobbyist

Default missing packages

https://github.com/opentomb/OpenTomb...ster/README.md

Quote:
...Necessary dependencies are development headers for SDL2, SDL2 Image, LUA 5.2, ZLIB. You can install them in Ubuntu-based distro with this command:

sudo apt-get install libsdl2-dev libsdl2-image-dev libglu1-mesa-dev zlib1g-dev...
libopenal-dev and lua5.2-dev are also needed for compilation under ubuntu 16.04

compiles then fine with gcc 6.1.1 and clang 3.8

Last edited by llm123; 30-06-16 at 05:02.
llm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-16, 20:36   #2020
boubouk
Student

Hello, how do i play opentomb in fullscreen or in max size windowed? Because when i launch it, it's in a small window. Thanx
boubouk is offline   Reply With Quote