www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 22-05-19, 14:23   #1711
Woops
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helegad View Post
I bet you've completely forgotten that this is not charity work. Nathan is turning a profit from this. That sets fairly basic expectations for customer service.
Did they ever reply to your address change request? I noticed it a while back but don't remember you mentioning if they had gotten back to you or not
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-19, 14:42   #1712
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helegad View Post
I bet you've completely forgotten that this is not charity work. Nathan is turning a profit from this. That sets fairly basic expectations for customer service.
I'm going to have to side in with this viewpoint here. This isn't a freebie, this is a sold product and to a few, the product hasn't just not met expectations, it's not met what was promised to them.
Old 22-05-19, 15:57   #1713
malferink
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnay View Post
I would like to start by not apologising for the recent radio silence but by explaining why I have been a little quiet and what has been happening.

Following on from the large amount of criticism and trolling I received a few months ago, I made the decision that I would not be answering unimportant individual comments and emails as it was counter-productive to the success of the project due to the huge amount of time that it consumes. I know this has been frustrating for some of you but it was a necessary step to keep the project moving forward.
I don't know why and I don't know exactly what happened, but this sounds so unprofessional to me
malferink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-19, 16:23   #1714
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by malferink View Post
I don't know why and I don't know exactly what happened, but this sounds so unprofessional to me
I know, I can't believe he's actually saying this.
Old 22-05-19, 17:15   #1715
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I know, I can't believe he's actually saying this.
You don't want to know what happened.
Old 22-05-19, 18:09   #1716
malferink
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Only thing I know is that there's been quite some troubles regarding shipping but other than that I don't know. Did anything else happen?
malferink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-19, 18:37   #1717
Dustie
Relic Hunter

^ seconded. ?
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-19, 18:37   #1718
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I’ve been watching the thread. I know what a mess this has all been.
Old 22-05-19, 18:48   #1719
Zebra
Legend

Hm, so on the one hand, I do not believe that pledging to a Kickstarter campaign is the same thing as pre-ordering an item at a regular retail store or "buying a product". You should go into it knowing that you might never get anything out of it or that your rewards might show up late or be different from what you were expecting. That's just the nature of crowdfunding. That being said, Nathan's attitude has, at times, been rather inappropriate. Sure, he's not a businessman or a PR person by trade and I don't think anyone expects him to always talk like one but it does seem like basic common sense not to get snappish and rude with your own backers. Not to mention that not responding to individual emails/messages anymore is just highly problematic. Now, if people have actual problems with their shipments, there's no way to get in touch with Nathan (or is there some place where he is still replying?). And sure, I can understand that getting lots of negative or hateful messages, comments, etc. can become stressful or grating but there has to be a solution to deal with that that does not negatively affect the large number of backers who aren't behaving that way. Oh and don't even get me started on the whole cluster**** that was the San Francisco Composer Buffet Reception being delayed after people had already booked their flights, hotels, etc. That didn't even affect me personally but it still pisses me off to this day. I don't care if this is your first crowdfunding campaign, that sort of **** just shouldn't happen.
Old 23-05-19, 09:46   #1720
Helegad
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
Did they ever reply to your address change request? I noticed it a while back but don't remember you mentioning if they had gotten back to you or not
Five months and eight or nine emails later I did get a polite reply that the address had been changed.