www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 09-08-19, 09:26   #1801
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laralicious View Post
I thought that I would post my status on here (as I don't have twitter or facebook) in the possibility that someone who works for the suite may see it.

I am yet to receive my download code, which Nathan said that he would start emailing out on June 19th.

I messaged Nathan 19th July to tell him that I have not received any paper items or my 2 t-shirts (but I did receive my 3D plaque). He replied with the following message:

I've looked into this for you and your order is being held up by T-Shirts.
We needed to restock which meant ultimately finding a new supplier. We have just placed the order today so we should be back in stock in about 1 week and then we can send you your paper items and T-Shirts together.

Sorry once again for the delay. We are getting there.
Hmm ok but what's the problem with sending your download code??
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 11:27   #1802
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

I know it may sound a little harsh but maybe his Dad did pass away but if I am honest, it just feels like a made up excuse that conveniently happened during the organisation and distribution of the products that were promised to paying customers of the project, as we have had a couple of other random excuses off Nathan previously that were incredibly convenient as well that all happened at the time when it comes to them keeping their end of the bargain and showing any signs of progress.

How long people have waited for everything now is just appalling in my eyes and it should have been sorted a long time ago but instead we are stuck with an unorganised mess that at the end of the day I can see people having their money refunded and end up not receiving what they expected as all Nathan seems to be able to do as of late is avoid and ignore questions that should be able to easily be answered or solved, such as providing Laralicious' download code online via email.

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 10-08-19 at 11:29.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-19, 18:41   #1803
Laralicious
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Hmm ok but what's the problem with sending your download code??
Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
I know it may sound a little harsh but maybe his Dad did pass away but if I am honest, it just feels like a made up excuse that conveniently happened during the organisation and distribution of the products that were promised to paying customers of the project, as we have had a couple of other random excuses off Nathan previously that were incredibly convenient as well that all happened at the time when it comes to them keeping their end of the bargain and showing any signs of progress.

How long people have waited for everything now is just appalling in my eyes and it should have been sorted a long time ago but instead we are stuck with an unorganised mess that at the end of the day I can see people having their money refunded and end up not receiving what they expected as all Nathan seems to be able to do as of late is avoid and ignore questions that should be able to easily be answered or solved, such as providing Laralicious' download code online via email.
Alright, you have convinced me to message him now about the download code. I do understand your points. Looking it as a business, I have paid for these items and for something as simple as a download code, it shouldn't be too much effort. If Tracey hadn't of come forward, we wouldn't have known that his father had died. He may have wanted to keep it private, which is understandable but he could have said that something personal was happening and he wanted a bit of time to sort it. I try to remember that he is a human being however whose gone through a stressful event in his life, thus why I'm not wanting to pester him over a few items.

By writing it here on the forum, my thought was that if everything goes sour, I have it timestamped that on this date that I haven't received certain items, in case there was ever a need of proof.
Laralicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-19, 14:41   #1804
Brendanlovesu1
Archaeologist

They've responded to people on their Facebook page

"We are set to receive the vinyls in August and will dispatch them as soon as we get them. The Deluxe Tin CD is September. Any info or news that concerns will be shared in Kickstarter updates so itís the best place to check"

Let's see what happens. I shan't hold my breath
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 09:40   #1805
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

UPDATE

Dear Backers,

It’s been a couple of months since my last update and quite a few (good) things have happened which I’m very pleased about. So here is the latest news on the project:

VINYL ALBUMS

It is with great pleasure that I can tell you your Vinyls have finally arrived!

The process has been fraught with problems, but we’ve finally got there. To cut a long story slightly shorter, the pressing plant found a couple of errors with the Master Lacquers which I was told is quite normal, so we had Geoff Pesche iron those out at Abbey Road before eventually receiving the test pressings on 26th June, which was just 10 days later than anticipated.

Tomb Raider Suite - Vinyl Test Pressings
We had them sent to Abbey Road to be checked by Geoff and got the green light to go ahead with mass production the same day. Unfortunately, just as we had pressed the “GO” button on mass production, the pressing plant had a printing problem which delayed our run for another 2 weeks. So with nearly 4 weeks down, the pressing plant pulled out all the stops and promised us delivery in 4 to 6 weeks instead of 6 to 8 weeks regaining 2 weeks back on our original schedule.

In the end, instead of a late July delivery, we were promised the 2nd week in August, and indeed they arrived on 3 pallets on Wednesday 14th August 2019.

A total of 1417 albums – it really is quite something to look at!

So next on my task list is to sign the CLASSIC LARA and MODERN LARA albums as promised. We then have to transport these to England to our main office for posting out to you guys. The signing will most likely be completed next week and then transporting to England will happen the week beginning 26thAugust. So we should be in a position to start shipping out somewhere around Wednesday 28th August – 3 weeks later than we had hoped, but not too bad all things considered.

DELUXE TIN CDs

The Deluxe Tin CDs are still being manufactured and we have been told to expect delivery in September. As far as I know, everything is still on schedule, but that’s as accurate as I can be at this moment in time. Of course I will keep you informed as and when I receive new information.

JEWEL CASE CDs

Out of the 1159 orders, there are just 26 Jewel Case CD orders left unfulfilled. This is mostly due to us not having your shipping address. So please if you pledged for a JEWEL CASE CD and you have not yet received it, please check that you have filled out our survey with your shipping address or send it to me directly on Kickstarter via the email system and I will update your account for you and get it shipped out to you.

If you can’t be bothered to do any of that, don’t worry, I will be in contact with you all individually soon to nudge you for the information.

Despite what some people have said recently, we are fulfilling orders on the website and people are receiving their Retail Albums approximately 2 weeks after placing their order. So if any of you want to purchase a copy of the retail album, either for yourself or for a friend, then please go ahead, we are up and running.

T-SHIRTS

I am also very happy to tell you that we have now secured a great new supplier for our T-Shirts. They have kindly printed the remaining shirts which we were short of for the Kickstarter Campaign and they have now been delivered to our London office. I have been busy preparing the labels for these and we will be posting these out to the small number of you who did not receive a T-Shirt first time around, and to the few who’s T-Shirts were either lost or stolen in transit last time.

We have also had the orders from the website printed, so these will also be sent out next week.

Moving forward, we are currently working with our t-shirt supplier to create a more efficient ordering system, so that any future t-shirt orders will be shipped within a few days. I will let you know when this has been fully implemented.

POSTERS, SCORE PAGE & PROGRAMMES

Of the 637 orders we had for paper items, we have just 29 left unfulfilled. Some of these are due to us not having your shipping address so again, if you have not received your items, please double check that we have all the details we need. Some of the orders are held up because we ran out of Signed Blue Souvenir Posters. We are aware of each and every one of you, and I will be travelling to England at the end of this month to sign a load more so we can get your items packaged up and sent out to you. So please bear with us on that.

Having got the bulk of the Kickstarter rewards out of the way now, we have been able to start completing on the orders on the website. Although we have been doing this since we launched the website, we have been slow to respond simply because of the workload from the Kickstarter Campaign. I am happy to say that we are now clearing the backlog of orders and we are now shipping all these items typically within a couple of weeks. So if you didn’t manage to pledge for any of these during the campaign and you wish to have one in your possession then you can get one from our website shop.

iPHONES

I would like to say a huge thank you to one of our sponsors who supplied the iPhones for our Prize Draw. These have now been delivered to the lucky winners who have all confirmed receipt of their new phones!

DIGITAL DOWNLOAD

By now you should have all received our email offer for your free upgrade to a high-quality version of the digital download. If any of you who want it but have not received the email for some reason, please contact me directly via email on Kickstarter (not a public comment please) and I will sort it for you.

The high-quality digital download is also available on our website so do let your friends know if you think they will enjoy the album. (And it’s better quality than the version available on iTunes!)

DOCUMENTARY

We now have a full length first draft of the entire film which is ready for transcript review. We will be starting this process next week. We still have a number of people to interview for the film so there is a way to go yet, but we have certainly hit our first major milestone and I am very happy with the results so far. The plan is to have a final version ready for release at the end of this year.

LIVE CONCERTS

These are continuing to go from strength to strength. After a slow start with our premier at the Apollo in London in 2016, and then at the Royal Festival Hall in 2018, we are currently in negotiations for shows in the following countries:

AUSTRALIA
FRANCE
TENERIFE
DUBAI
SAUDI ARABIA
ENGLAND
NORTH AMERICA
We will detail the exact information on our TOMB RAIDER LIVE page on our website as and when it comes in, so do keep your eyes on that.

SPAMMERS AND TROLLS

To my further disappointment it would seem we still have spammers and trolls within our midst. It really does surprise me that people who claim to love the franchise seem determined to try and derail our project. Apart from having no success, they only serve to delay us getting your rewards out to you – our true loyal backers and lovers of Tomb Raider and Lara Croft.

We will not tolerate spammers or trolls on our social media channels, and it is with regret that unfortunately we have had to ban another person from our channels who from August 5th started spamming our posts, clearly in collaboration with our previous attacker. Though we reached out to the individual at length through Kickstarter and started a dialogue, this person chose not to listen and continued to spam our account.

If any of you do have any queries about this or anything else related to the project, please email me directly through Kickstarter. We are nearly there now!

Kindest regards as always

Nathan.

Last edited by Johnnay; 19-08-19 at 09:41.
Johnnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 09:51   #1806
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

That last statement reminds me: did anything come of the investigation of those claims?
Old 19-08-19, 12:06   #1807
Helegad
Explorer

Spammers N Trolls. Almost sounds like a board game.

It's good to get some solid information on what's been happening recently anyway.
Old 19-08-19, 12:21   #1808
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helegad View Post
Spammers N Trolls. Almost sounds like a board game.

It's good to get some solid information on what's been happening recently anyway.
More like Plants vs Zombies type mobile game imo

and now I'm feeling inspired. wish I could actually make those
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 12:28   #1809
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
That last statement reminds me: did anything come of the investigation of those claims?
The 22th of June Justin said Crystal Dynamics was looking into the situation. That's the last thing we know about that.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 12:30   #1810
Brendanlovesu1
Archaeologist

TBH I regret not pledging for the vinyl during the campaign. Those covers look beautiful compared to the retail cover.

Am also wondering about those claims, perhaps CD are still investigating
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote