www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 19-09-19, 15:24   #121
ccroft2003
Archaeologist

Ben used a TON of CGI in High Rise... mostly backdrop stuff but I imagine a lot that you wouldn't normally notice too.

I think the set creation will have the biggest effect and the director in the grand scheme of it has little creative direction with those. A directors job isn't all about a creative vision.
Old 19-09-19, 15:58   #122
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccroft2003 View Post
Ben used a TON of CGI in High Rise... mostly backdrop stuff but I imagine a lot that you wouldn't normally notice too.

I think the set creation will have the biggest effect and the director in the grand scheme of it has little creative direction with those. A directors job isn't all about a creative vision.
I think it usually depends on what the director wants to focus in on. With something like Tomb Raider, I would argue that the sets are the most important part. The lack of attention to that was one of the biggest problems with the 2018 film. If Ben's smart, he'll put a greater emphasis on that side of the production.
Old 19-09-19, 16:04   #123
Rai

I'm surprised Tonyrobinson hasn't been here to say that Laurie Rose has been added for cinematography. For anyone who's interested.

Also Kristin Scott Thomas has been added to the cast list, where she wasn't before. Though that's to be expected.
Old 19-09-19, 16:50   #124
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I'm surprised Tonyrobinson hasn't been here to say that Laurie Rose has been added for cinematography. For anyone who's interested.

Also Kristin Scott Thomas has been added to the cast list, where she wasn't before. Though that's to be expected.
Yes, I noticed that last night on IMDB, think I posted on twitter about it. IMDB is a source which can be untrust worthy though however Laurie does most of Ben's movies so there is that.
Old 19-09-19, 16:53   #125
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

It's a pity we wont get high octane action, I thought the Mission Impossible guy did a good job with the action sequences in 2018 and felt there were exciting but Ben trusts these guys so there's that. Definitely going to be a much cheaper movie as this thing has like no name talent.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-19, 17:12   #126
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Well considering how almost everyone involved in the last movie was big in the movie industry they obviously thought “what’s was the point” after the film underperformed. Glad they’re giving some lesser names a chance
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-19, 17:24   #127
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I like Laure Rose cinematography... Overlord was great visually! I think we will have some british star in the cast.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 19-09-19 at 17:32.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-19, 23:54   #128
SpyrosMonster
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
All the films you’ve listed use heaps of CGI. The artists just did such a good job that you actually had no idea it was there.
Saki, you’re a god damn idiot! You lied!
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-19, 00:05   #129
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster View Post
Saki, you’re a god damn idiot! You lied!
Oh god DAMNIT!
That lasted a whole 5 minutes lol
I’m too weak! Forgive me!
Old 20-09-19, 13:21   #130
Portugalraider
Professor

Laurie Rose has been Ben's cinematographer for most of his movies, so it is not surprising. Same thing if Amy ends up being the movie's editor.

Same thing with Kristin Scott Thomas returning as Ana, since she was teased as the main villain for the sequel in the 2018 movie, but it's good to have confirmation.

Then again, IMDB is still a bit risky for those sorts of confirmations - anyone with a pro account can edit pages, afaik.

But if at least Laurie working on the movie is true, MGM and Graham King are seemingly giving Ben a lot of free range, at least for his team. Slowly, Tomb Raider II is shaping to become a blockbuster movie with a very "british-indie" soul. I am more than okay with that.