www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 05-09-19, 21:08   #31
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I'd love something more like The Descent, there's a scene in Ben's film Kill List where they're in a tunnel and it's quite frightening and intense. You can watch it on YouTube but I can't post the link here because it contains nudity.
Old 05-09-19, 21:43   #32
TrustyBow
Professor

I'd love a bit of horror put into the sequel.
Old 05-09-19, 22:02   #33
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I'd love. To be risky and R rated but I do think it will stay PG-13 for wider audience appeal. The fun thing about having Amy and Ben this time is not knowing what to expect because all of their films have been quite dark and weird.

I have watched Ben and Amy's back catalogue of films and to be honest a few of them haven't appealed to me but they are all pretty dark, atmospheric and bleak which has me excited for what could potentially happen.

I really liked Kill List and Free Fire.

After seeing Kill List and A Field in England the Baba Yaga storyline from Rise would really fit his previous works his supernatural themes are routed in reality which is why they've probably also chose Amy and him. In A Field in England they base the supernatural element around witchcraft but its induced by hallucinogenic mushrooms and in Kill List most of the horror stems from a pagan cult but all the while these paranormal occurrences are grounded.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 05-09-19 at 22:21.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 22:59   #34
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

I can't believe both signed on for PG-13 material when they clearly are R-rated creatives.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 23:17   #35
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

It's hard to know for sure what we will get with them signing on. This could well be an R-rated movie more like Birds of Prey and John Wick in which case they may try and appeal to the domestic audience a bit more as a mature video game film.

I don't think it'll be R-rated but I do think it will be a more experimental in terms of its approach to the story, I can't see Ben and Amy being tied down to following an adaption of the games.

Graham King seems like a very collaborative and risk taking producer and Ben doesn't like studio films if he can't have a large element of control so I can see Graham King allowing them to craft something within their vision. It's clearly been the intention from the start to shake the franchise up a bit and allow Amy to come aboard with the promise of Ben directing and Amy being able to edit the film.
Old 05-09-19, 23:39   #36
Enya Brennan
Relic Hunter

Keeley Hawes cameo, please and thank you.
Old 06-09-19, 00:19   #37
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Ooooooh, some horror elements sound great!

Although I’d also opt for any moments that really ooze with adrenaline and pressure. Something that makes you nearly jump out of your seat because you’re so invested in it and you can feel those jump-scares.

Ugh, I just really hope they pull through with this movie. It’s time to step it up and give us a great movie and a great Lara.
Old 06-09-19, 00:23   #38
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

^ In fairness they really accomplished the latter with 2018. I just think they need to step up the story they have her running around in.

I didn't think if they were going for big blockbuster we'd see dual pistols and I made convincing arguments if MGM wanted to make a Tomb Raider movie that's popular and is inline with todays modern heroes but with Ben Wheatley on board I'm now 99% sure she'll have dual pistols. It's just his style and you might get more that anti-hero.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 06-09-19 at 00:25.
Old 06-09-19, 00:37   #39
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
^ In fairness they really accomplished the latter with 2018. I just think they need to step up the story they have her running around in.
Oh, I agree. Iím just pining for a better movie as a whole, instead of a great Lara and a meh or okay at best story like for all the movies so far.
Old 06-09-19, 00:42   #40
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

I think with Wheatley especially prepare to see a more highly stylized Lara Croft which I'm excited for. Barbie Raider is back and that's fun for a film.

Gays, go pick your outfits now.

I definitely think she'll be fully in a braid this time.

I think something like TR3 Nevada's outfit could be popular, it's such a cool look it'd be popular for Halloween but I'd expect a tank top OR even a T-shirt (I think that with small sleeves would look better than a tank) with the camo trousers rather than mid-riff.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 06-09-19 at 00:46.