Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-19, 15:52   #101
JMN

Would it be possible to retain the ocb scaling of merged statics? I know it's a TRNG feature, but it would be nice if the merged geometry could be scaled according to the ocb value.
Old 10-11-19, 00:29   #102
HaniHeger

Some days ago I said in here that i was having multiple problems in my level since 1.2.8.

Quote:
  • When some sound is suppose to trigger, the background sound just keeps repeating the first 1 or 2 seconds that I was just hearing before triggering.
  • The sounds that are supposed to appear when triggered don't appear at all.
  • The crashes
  • Sometimes an weird sort-of-loud sound appears for less than a second,repeatedly.
I did found what was causing all of it,though i'm not sure why it was happening.

I was using the script that TombIDE provided, once I changed it with the script from the 1.2.7 version, it was okay.
I still wonder what was wrong with my script to make so many bugs happen,if anyone knows... I could too... perhaps send it here? idk

---

I still got some problems that maybe someone could know how to fix.
  • When lara hits the wall, an sound appears that was not suppossed to, it's similar to what happend with the ninjas and the underwater_door sound. But I don't know what sound exactly is this one,so i can't really remove it to stop it.
  • The rollingball sound keeps repeating itself until the ball stops rolling.
  • In one specific moment, 3 rollingballs fall and after it,when Lara jumps,there is an earthquake or sound of the rollingball being played.
Old 10-11-19, 01:51   #103
Baslakor

Don't know if it's already addressed, but I have a Wadtool save issue.

I work in my wad, everything works as it should. Close Wadtool and reopen the wad, but I can't save it now. No errors or nothing, the 'save wad2 (as)' is dark grey.

If I create a new wad and open the old wad in source and copy everything. It works again.
Old 10-11-19, 07:46   #104
TokyoSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baslakor View Post
Don't know if it's already addressed, but I have a Wadtool save issue.

I work in my wad, everything works as it should. Close Wadtool and reopen the wad, but I can't save it now. No errors or nothing, the 'save wad2 (as)' is dark grey.

If I create a new wad and open the old wad in source and copy everything. It works again.
already reported
and will be fixed for the next update.
Old 13-11-19, 14:42   #105
not again!

I'm trying to change the position of the flare inventory item with a FlipEffect: Variables. Memory. Set in <&>Inventory Memory the (E)Value; <&> Top Border in 2d plane.
I want to move the item a bit higher up and the Trigger Editor tells me that negative numbers will move the item up, but won't let me enter /select a negative value - it lets me select only a positive value (from 0 to 127).

I'm fairly new at level building, so I don't know whether I am just missing an additional step, or if this is something that should be reported. Lowering the item by selecting a positive value works, I just can't do the opposite. help
Old 13-11-19, 15:10   #106
Patricia_S

Hi all, i just unziped the TR128 file and i am confused
I checked the readme and the youtube videos but i still don't know how to start. Is there a "quick start guide" somewhere or step by step instructions ?
Do i have to put the files in a specific directory?
Do i still have to use the TRLE folder (like with TRNG/NGLE)?
I made 2 rooms and tried "build level" but i got an error message.
Sorry if it sounds silly but i really feel lost
Old 13-11-19, 15:19   #107
JMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by not again! View Post
I'm trying to change the position of the flare inventory item with a FlipEffect: Variables. Memory. Set in <&>Inventory Memory the (E)Value; <&> Top Border in 2d plane.
I want to move the item a bit higher up and the Trigger Editor tells me that negative numbers will move the item up, but won't let me enter /select a negative value - it lets me select only a positive value (from 0 to 127).
Same issue in NGLE, the following might work instead:

Along with the following script command (-50 being the amount to move up):

Parameters= PARAM_BIG_NUMBERS, -50
Old 13-11-19, 16:11   #108
not again!

^^ Ah, this works perfectly (and exactly the distance I wanted the item to go up, too) Thank you so much for your help, JMN!
Old 13-11-19, 23:14   #109
HaniHeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia_S View Post
Hi all, i just unziped the TR128 file and i am confused
I checked the readme and the youtube videos but i still don't know how to start. Is there a "quick start guide" somewhere or step by step instructions ?
Do i have to put the files in a specific directory?
Do i still have to use the TRLE folder (like with TRNG/NGLE)?
I made 2 rooms and tried "build level" but i got an error message.
Sorry if it sounds silly but i really feel lost
--

Tomb Editor dosen't have a manual (or any sort of guide). But TRLE does,and it too have lots of tutorials out there to help you! TE and TRLE interfaces are quite similar so you can learn with TRLE tutorials but still use TE. In case you still get lost,try seing the videos about TE or ask here in the forum!

In version 1.2.7 there was a folder inside the editor's folder with the game,now you need to open TombIDE and start your new project. And then it will create a folder for your game.

((I had some issues with the script that TombIDE provided,so I am now using the 1.2.7 script,but you might not have any problem with that so don't worry too much.))
I'm not exactly a pro here but I wanted to help
Other people might help you better though.
Old 15-11-19, 10:27   #110
Patricia_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaniHeger View Post
--

Tomb Editor dosen't have a manual (or any sort of guide). But TRLE does,and it too have lots of tutorials out there to help you! TE and TRLE interfaces are quite similar so you can learn with TRLE tutorials but still use TE. In case you still get lost,try seing the videos about TE or ask here in the forum!

In version 1.2.7 there was a folder inside the editor's folder with the game,now you need to open TombIDE and start your new project. And then it will create a folder for your game.

((I had some issues with the script that TombIDE provided,so I am now using the 1.2.7 script,but you might not have any problem with that so don't worry too much.))
I'm not exactly a pro here but I wanted to help
Other people might help you better though.
I have been building for over 12 years now and it was ok with NGLE. I was just confused about what to do with this folder full of new things. I did not open TombIDE first, but tombeditor.exe instead, that's why. Now i know what to do thank you
Oh and yes it is basically very similar to our good old editor but much more intuitive and fun to use, i love it already!
Closed Thread